The feeling that a recalled dream has already been journaled

When I recall dreams, particularly older dreams that I would of had the time to journal, I often get the feeling that the dream has already been journaled.

Is this feeling common?

As in… dreams older in the same night? Sometimes I’ll dream about journaling or writing something down. Or sometimes I’ll think I did something when I didn’t. For me it’s just absentmindedness. If you’re really unsure, why not just check to see if it’s written down?

Well, I mean that I would have a dream, and like weeks or months later I would recall it somehow, and I would get the feeling that I had already journaled it when I woke up from the dream.

And the reason why it’s so hard for ME to check is because of my stupidity. I store my dreams in text files. These files would be scattered across different computers, and I swear one time I wiped a computer that had journaled dreams on it. :sad:
That’s why I’m so uncertain about them.

If everything was neatly and nicely in my LD4all dream journal I wouldn’t have any feelings like that.

:cry:

Same here. I have lost so many dreams because they were so long and I didn’t have the energy in the morning to write them all again.

Sounds like a type of dream deja vu. There have been times where I have recalled a dream and sworn that I’ve had it before. However, I’ve never actually had a repeat dream that I had previously journaled. Perhaps the situation of the dream just feels so commonplace that it makes you think that you’ve done your morning ritual of writing it down before?

It happened to me more than once, having a dream in which I was writing in my Dream Journal a dream that I had had the same night.
It actually happened this night too: I dreamt I was showing to my partner my DJ, and in it there was the description of a dream I had had previously in the first part of the night. Interestingly enough, dreaming of reading it in my DJ made me recall this other dream that I had forgotten.