LC# 28: Winner, Siiw! Congratulations!

Just woke up from the task! ( :grrr: text woke me up!)

Dream here:

[spoiler]I was at a wedding shower or something, didn’t start out lucid, but I was dressed up, and for a while was messing with a tiara in the car to try to get it right while people were waiting for me to get out. Finally I did, saw some relatives and said hi, but then saw some kids playing games out in a spacious backyard and said to myself that it was a perfect opportunity to fly. So I did, but didn’t work so well… It was more like I did better jumping than flying.

After a bit, I see this long house/barnlike building (playhouse?) in the backyard and jump on top to get a higher flying elevation. The kids tell me it’s not going to work because of the pink ceiling above me, and lo and behold, there IS a pink ceiling made of tiles like my college ceiling. I jump, and I hit the ceiling (duh). It’s bright day out, so I think that there’s gotta be a sky past the ceiling, so I move some tiles up and over onto adjacent tiles so there’s a hole in the ceiling. It’s dark with more tiles, so I try moving those and imagining a bright blue sky above them. “Ceilings” and literal ceilings often have popped up for me as an obstacle in dreams before. So I realize that, and I’m wondering what else to do worthwhile in the dream.

Then I remember the LC, and jump down from the roof of the building. I go over the backyard, and find a brick wall like the back of my house. I’m over at the corner, see a small building or structure to the side, but ignore it as it’s a different structure that doesn’t exist IRL that dreams add all the time. I put my hands on the walls, apparently remembering OmkAR’s RC of being able to push on walls and get them to move. So at first I push and nothing happens, then the wall indents and I get my arms in about 7 or 8 inches or so, the brick bending from the force of my hands. Then I let the brick come back. The wall was also not all the way to the ground; it was probably two or three feet off the ground. Then I asked it what my purpose in life was. (I must add a little girl ran to the wall with me, and stood several feet to my side, but she was out of my vision, so I’m going to ignore her here.) I heard something like a groan and then a whisper something like “Why me?” but that could also have “mo-ney”, but it sounded more like “Why me?” I then asked it if I should have another purpose in life, thinking that extra points were for more questions that got answered, not extra walls (gah, dream thinking!). I didn’t hear an answer, so I pushed my hands in it again and asked it if it had fallen asleep again. While I still had my hands on the wall, I felt and heard a buzzing and knew it was my phone IRL invading my dream, and hoped I wouldn’t wake up, but I woke up very quickly.

I considered doing a DEILD, hoping it was my roommate’s phone since I knew I’d set no alarms, but decided to get up and write the dream instead since I’ve been out of the habit of DJing. And apparently I needed to get up since it’s been about 14 hours since I fell asleep…[/spoiler]

Success, at least for the major part of the task! Not sure why I asked what I asked or why I got the answer I did, but that’s for another day. :content:

Edit: Note: Even though I call pushing in the wall Om’s RC, I didn’t use it as an RC; I was already assuming it was an LD. Oh how I miss my RC-less LDs… :content:

GHOSTIE11: Sorry, I would have accepted cursing at the wall, but that’s not quite what you did. I need the LD length, but for now I will assume medium.

ZRVera: Well, at least you did get the basic part of the task :content:. So you get |30 lucid task+ 20 early + 35 base (talking and getting an answer) = 85 pts|. I need to know the length of the LD, so until then I will assume medium.

For those interested, I had a short RCILD last night here.

That nets me 0 lucid points!!! Ima win this :grin:

I had an LD this afternoon, but then I forgot the task :sad:. It was about 5 minutes. I shot laser rays out of my eyes and drank from some random carton.

I know it’s irrelevant but I must add that your, Rhewin’s Rhants topic is hilarious! :tongue:

I was lucid in a dream for about 5 minutes tonight (which would be medium-length for me), but I tried neither of these tasks nor the monthly task because the dream itself was very interesting already and I didn’t want to interrupt its course. :content:

I assume it was medium length

+1 short LD. Couldn’t do the task, I was stuck in a time loop. :eek:

(Total: 3 LD’s - 1 semi Quest, 1 semi Task, 1 short)

Whoops, sorry, Rhewin, forgot about time length. Yeah, I’ll say it’s about medium. A few minutes or so. A bit longer than my LDs recently have been.

StarryGwee: Ok, so based on the times you submitted when you joined, that would be a short LD which will get you |20 lucid pts|

Puce: I hope you had fun :content:. A medium-length LD buys you |30 lucid pts|

Dryalantha:For being stuck in a short time loop you get… you get… you get… you get… you get… you get… |20 lucid pts| :nuu:

I think that’s everyone so far… oh, and you only have until Thursday to finish up this task. The next few won’t last quite as long, so kick it into high gear!

Oh, and I did complete the task last night if anyone would like to take a look. The wall was… excited to talk to someone to say the least. Shame I’m not actually competing (though I still wouldn’t be winning anyway right now). :tongue:

But what makes me happy is that this is my longest LD in a while. So two RCILD’s in one week… and who says RC’s aren’t very helpful?

clicky

I had a long LD (10 min) combined with a ND(2-3 min).
But didn’t remember the task.
The Dream:

Well, low lucidity or not that still gets you |40 lucid pts|. Maybe next time you can go back and confront that abusive father.

KauaiDreamer: that medium LD that you posted before the task gets you |30 lucid pts|

GHOSTIE & ZRVera: The points have been updated for your medium LD’s, so |30 lucid pts| each.

There, I think I’m caught up now :tongue:!

Sorry for going AWOL, everyone. Every internet provider in town just hates me for some reason, and then I got struck by the worst flu I ever had in my life. I think I understand now why writers and dreamers talk about fever dreams being special. Fever dreams to me have always been the worst, the least vivid, blurring into waking life, but in this one I was very sure that I was both in a beach and jungle at the same time and that cartoon animals were singing to me.

Yeah he was really evil! :eek:

@Elly: was the jungle portion away from the city? if so it can count to the first task.

[center]Third Task, LC Classic: Make Music!
Well I decided to go back and repeat a task that I did during my last LC, and that many people seem to want to do in their dreams. It’s a simple concept, make some music! This should be a pretty easy task to rack up some good points, so relax and let the symphony of your dreams begin.[/center]

Base Points:
Listen to music in you dreams: 30 pts
Actually play/sing the music yourself: 30 pts

Secondary Points:
Play/sing an original song created in your dreams: 20 pts
Invent/discover a new instrument: 20 pts

Repeatable Points:
For every piece of music you listen to: 5 pts
For every song you play/sing: 10 pts
For every new instrument: 15 pts

Like said, this should be pretty easy, even in an ND. Have fun with it, and enjoy :content:

Current Standings

1. KauaiDreamer |40|
  2. Puce |30|
  3. Starrygwee |100|
  4. Unseen_Eye |0|
  5. mattias |235|
  6. ZRVera |115|
  7. GHOSTIE11 |95|
  8. EllyEve |0|
  9. Dryalantha |210|
  10. Siiw |170|
  11. Idanl09 |150|
  12. cookymonster |10|
  13. Thorn |140|
  14. Ronny |0|
  15. Lucid_Sockhat |0|

Again, PM me with questions, though I think everything is in order this time :tongue:.

Yup :smile: I’d just escaped from these Agents from The Matrix, and was wondering if the beach/jungle was all an illusion, because it all looked not only vivid but like they were trying to convince me that it was real, and not a single city for miles. There was a rusty abandoned oil rig on the beach, that’s the closest thing to a real building I saw, but it was already broken.

Had another fever dream, about giant rabbits stampeding all over my bed… :eek:

Posting this a bit late due to not getting my journal onto the site for a bit, but there weren’t any task points in it anyway. I had another brief moment of lucidity on the 18th.

Link to Dream Journal entry

Considering I was on a 10 day dry spell up until this point, I’ll take what I can get.