LC# 28: Winner, Siiw! Congratulations!

+1 short LD. Couldn’t do the task, I was stuck in a time loop. :eek:

(Total: 3 LD’s - 1 semi Quest, 1 semi Task, 1 short)

Whoops, sorry, Rhewin, forgot about time length. Yeah, I’ll say it’s about medium. A few minutes or so. A bit longer than my LDs recently have been.

StarryGwee: Ok, so based on the times you submitted when you joined, that would be a short LD which will get you |20 lucid pts|

Puce: I hope you had fun :content:. A medium-length LD buys you |30 lucid pts|

Dryalantha:For being stuck in a short time loop you get… you get… you get… you get… you get… you get… |20 lucid pts| :nuu:

I think that’s everyone so far… oh, and you only have until Thursday to finish up this task. The next few won’t last quite as long, so kick it into high gear!

Oh, and I did complete the task last night if anyone would like to take a look. The wall was… excited to talk to someone to say the least. Shame I’m not actually competing (though I still wouldn’t be winning anyway right now). :tongue:

But what makes me happy is that this is my longest LD in a while. So two RCILD’s in one week… and who says RC’s aren’t very helpful?

clicky

I had a long LD (10 min) combined with a ND(2-3 min).
But didn’t remember the task.
The Dream:

Well, low lucidity or not that still gets you |40 lucid pts|. Maybe next time you can go back and confront that abusive father.

KauaiDreamer: that medium LD that you posted before the task gets you |30 lucid pts|

GHOSTIE & ZRVera: The points have been updated for your medium LD’s, so |30 lucid pts| each.

There, I think I’m caught up now :tongue:!

Sorry for going AWOL, everyone. Every internet provider in town just hates me for some reason, and then I got struck by the worst flu I ever had in my life. I think I understand now why writers and dreamers talk about fever dreams being special. Fever dreams to me have always been the worst, the least vivid, blurring into waking life, but in this one I was very sure that I was both in a beach and jungle at the same time and that cartoon animals were singing to me.

Yeah he was really evil! :eek:

@Elly: was the jungle portion away from the city? if so it can count to the first task.

[center]Third Task, LC Classic: Make Music!
Well I decided to go back and repeat a task that I did during my last LC, and that many people seem to want to do in their dreams. It’s a simple concept, make some music! This should be a pretty easy task to rack up some good points, so relax and let the symphony of your dreams begin.[/center]

Base Points:
Listen to music in you dreams: 30 pts
Actually play/sing the music yourself: 30 pts

Secondary Points:
Play/sing an original song created in your dreams: 20 pts
Invent/discover a new instrument: 20 pts

Repeatable Points:
For every piece of music you listen to: 5 pts
For every song you play/sing: 10 pts
For every new instrument: 15 pts

Like said, this should be pretty easy, even in an ND. Have fun with it, and enjoy :content:

Current Standings

1. KauaiDreamer |40|
  2. Puce |30|
  3. Starrygwee |100|
  4. Unseen_Eye |0|
  5. mattias |235|
  6. ZRVera |115|
  7. GHOSTIE11 |95|
  8. EllyEve |0|
  9. Dryalantha |210|
  10. Siiw |170|
  11. Idanl09 |150|
  12. cookymonster |10|
  13. Thorn |140|
  14. Ronny |0|
  15. Lucid_Sockhat |0|

Again, PM me with questions, though I think everything is in order this time :tongue:.

Yup :smile: I’d just escaped from these Agents from The Matrix, and was wondering if the beach/jungle was all an illusion, because it all looked not only vivid but like they were trying to convince me that it was real, and not a single city for miles. There was a rusty abandoned oil rig on the beach, that’s the closest thing to a real building I saw, but it was already broken.

Had another fever dream, about giant rabbits stampeding all over my bed… :eek:

Posting this a bit late due to not getting my journal onto the site for a bit, but there weren’t any task points in it anyway. I had another brief moment of lucidity on the 18th.

Link to Dream Journal entry

Considering I was on a 10 day dry spell up until this point, I’ll take what I can get.

Sorry for not posting here more :shy: I had a little dryspell/break/insomnia thing going on and the little lucidity I got I just forgot to post. I had a short LD last night, but nothing special =/

EllyEve: It’s stretching the definition of rural a little, but for the jungle portion I will award |30 pts|

Thorn: Progress is progress, right? And that seems a little longer than just a moment, so I’ll give you |20 lucid pts|

mattias: A short LD is good for |20 lucid pts|. If you’ve had other lucid moments be sure to report them, they are 10 pts each!

+1 medium LD

huge coincidence: I made some music in the LD (singing) but I had the dream yesterday before I’ve read the new task so…I believe that doesn’t count as task points huh :tongue:

I had two short and one medium LD last night! In the first one I heard a song, and in the third one I was singing.

And yesterday, a wall talked to me. :cool_raz:

[community.ld4all.com/t/siiws-15th-book-of-dreams/32688/129)

This is going to be a little bit long.

• The lucid part of the dream was probably about 10-12 minutes, meaning it was a long LD.
  • I completed the monthly task in the dream.
  • I completed my personal goal in the dream as well.
  • I may have completed the first task too. Depending a bit on the definition of “country” which I’m not quite sure of.

In the dream, I spend a lot of time at school, which is away from the city. In fact, from home, I travel to school like this: Big city-> Small city -> Village -> School. We have the necessary technology and stuff, but the nearest residential area (except for us students and the teachers) is 2-3 km away and that’s a village too. The nearest city (with all the cars and the roads and the factories and stuff) is 8 km away.

The dream is long, so I’m going to change the color of the font when something related to the tasks happen in the dream. I’m also adding my questions about the first task in colored parantheses.

[spoiler]
I was lying in my bed at school (which, I would say, is in countryside) on my right side. (I had went to sleep a few minutes ago on my left, so I found this weird but decided to leat in pass.) I got up and did the morningly things I needed to do like washing my face and getting dressed. I skipped breakfast and went toward the literature building. While climbing the stairs outside to get there, I noticed I was too fast for a human being and I was LUCID. Instead of going to the building, I went to a schoolbus which (I assumed) took me and a few more people to the city my home’s in. (That’s a city for sure.)

I was walking on the streets, although it was not a place I recognized. Everywhere looked deserted except for me, those few people from my school and a group of (maybe 4 or 5) around 9 years old children with very sullen faces. They were walking without speaking or doing anything else at all. So I grabbed a few candies from a shop and gave them those. They did not speak nor show any emotion. Remembering of the monthly task, I asked them if they knew how to smile. They pulled the ends of their lips upwards to create misshaped smiles on their faces. I told them it was not the way they were supposed to do it and explained how they could smile instead. They were actually very fast learners, all of them could do it properly by the time I was finished with my quick lesson. We then exchanged farewells and I went to the people from my school.

I noticed how everyone who came with me there were all of the taller people who had no connection whatsoever with each other normally. So I made myself a little taller too. :mrgreen:

We walked to a train station sort of place, where upon entrance, my violin appeared with its box in my hand. I imagined there to be a post office there too, and with it I had my violin sent back to school because I didn’t want it with me but I didn’t want to leave it there either. We all boarded a train to go back to school, although a girl which I share almost all my classes with was very unwilling and I had to make her move with us.

So I arrived at school (countryside?) from the city and the other people had magically disappeared while on the train, not that I was complaining. I didn’t know what to do, so I walked around in the woods a little bit and then remembered of my personal goal.

I walked to the cafeteria, and I was planning to ask the manager (or whatever it is called) if he had the most delicious food in the world. I saw a very tiny child with blond hair and blue eyes at the door. I was going the ask him/her something, but I couldn’t because he/she ran sloppily away. The manager was sitting at a table with my father. There was also a tray for me there, [color=darkred]so I had to eat that first.

There was a dish with eggplants and onions, and even though I normally hate eggplants, I liked the taste of the dish. It was actually sweet and sugary. The cup of yoghurt I also had was sour, but edible. I added a few things (spices and such) to both of them and tried them out that way too.[/color] After I was done, I asked the manager if he had the most delicious food in the world. He said he had it in the fridge in his office, but I woke up while I was on my way to get there. [/spoiler]

That was it. :content: I’m very happy with it and the fact that I finally learned how to do a WBTB. Oh, and by the way, I want my next personal goal to meet a dream guide.

I had a dream about the task last night (not lucid!)
I heard some music, which exist irl too (’‘little dreamer’’ by ensiferum), a dream character played flute, I played Tin whistle. Together with some other DC’s we decided to create a music project. :smile: