Sudden Lack of Power

Let’s see if someone else has had my kind of experience. I used to be able to fly and somewhat control the dream environment when in a LD. Yet now I find that all I do when I try to fly is jump awkwardly, and, well, here’s an example of powers in general.

After being frustrated at not being able to fly the scenario changes and I am in the back bedroom overlooking the garden, I have some blu-tac in my hand and walk out into the landing, and then into the bathroom. The window is open and I can see that the back garden is trashed, literally, there are garbage cans everywhere that have been tipped over, spilling their stuff everywhere. Of course I do not care about this, for I am lucid, it isn’t my real garden. I look at the taps on the bath and decide that I should try making them flow with blu-tac instead of water. So, I put the blu-tac over the tap and turn it on, expecting it to begin flowing with blu-tac. At first, nothing happens, then some blue water starts coming out of the tap, but it soon turns clear, like a normal tap. I am frustrated and wake up soon after.

This is irritating, because it takes enough work to get lucid, but then I can’t do much other than wander around and feel powerless.

Has anyone else had this problem? If so, how did you overcome it? If you’ve not had the problem yourself, how would you go about resolving it?

Thanks for reading.

Frustration brings no more than bad and failure I guess, but dont feel discouraged by what you cant do, there are so many other things you can do in your dreams, just look at the fully explorable world of yours, you may find something more impressive than blu-tac. (I wish I could explore, I am not even able to move after WILD Succession…)

Sorry i cant really help with the blu-tack problem but i can offer a tip that guarantees flight every time. for me at least. i used to have the same problem of flight when i get lucid. i kept falling back to the ground because i didnt know the right feeling of flight. its not something we are born with so we dont know what its supposed to feel like. so here is how you do it.

once in a LD find a fence or a house. climb to the roof(this should be easy) from the roof simply jump off and in mid air grab your feet and pull back and aim to land on the ground with your knees. most time i just jump up and pull my feet back and just try to land on my knees no need for fences or anything.

the fear of crunching your knee caps prevents you from hitting the ground and you just hover there about a foot off the ground. now that you know the feeling of hovering its just a matter of pushing up with your mind and flying around. hope that helps SC

There’s absolutely nothing to worry about here…
LDing demands nothing else but a strong belief in yourself…

In one of my ND there was a doctor who gave a syrup to get lucid…After drinking that syrup I did an LD and realised that I was lucid. Now this could have been a really awesome thing, but before I drank the syrup, that doctor mentioned that he was a bit skeptical about the whole thing…And my lucid self kind of caught up that confusion real strong…Even though I got lucid I could neither fly nor make things move, the two things which I enjoy doing most of the times… I couldnt even talk to the other dream figure about it…

It was very frustrating but at the same time it also made me realize that i’m still a beginner and I have a lot of work to do…consolidating my belief mostly…

Next time, try not to question your capability of flying…I know it sounds unreasonably tough after what you’ve experienced…but i’ve reasons to believe that that is the only thing that could help you here…

goodluck

Wow, I`ve gotta try that one out the next time, o_o but then again… I could crush my knees and become legless for the rest of the dream. xD

How odd, my post has vanished. Anyways, thank you for the tips. If I remember, i’ll definitely give the attempt-to-crush-my-knees-via-gravity thing.

As for the gravity forced crushed knees method. I have never hit the ground. And even if you did that would mean your not lucid enough if your brain is willing to feel the pain of crushed knees in a lucid dream as opposed to flying. Let me know how you go with the method.

The crushed knees sound rather nasty, and thats a very risky way to fly in case you do hit the ground. If you can simply super jump until you are able to get high enough and experiment with the different ways of flying while in the air, but always super jumping when you hit the ground again.

I might experiment with this fear of pain concept. If done right it sounds like it could be used for you’re advantage.

well the thing is i actually DONT feel pain in my dreams so my fear of it in my lucid state is rather strange. Regardless to this day every time i have tried it has worked. and from memory it must be at least 10 times. i only came up with the crushed knees method about 6 or 7 months ago. As i see it the problem with flying (for me) is i keep forgetting whats its like to fly or how i used to defy gravity. the crushed knees method reminds me what its like to hover and defy gravity i then use that sensation and advance it to the next stage. i build on the hovering and will myself up, from here i speed up and now i change directions. hey presto i can now fly and fly as fast and high as i want. of course you have to maintain calm at all times.

yelling OH MY GOD I CAN FLY!!! is very detrimental to your success. So again i cant speak for anybody else but it works for me.

Flying has always been very natural to me whether in LDs or NDs, so for me, even when my flying stinks or doesn’t even work, I’d rather not cause pain to fly since other times I’ve had several other things work really well. Granted, I still consider hovering flying, which I do a lot. And my style of flying that has worked nearly flawlessly for me before (discovered it in an ND too!) is kinda hard for me to explain and usually works, but it feels sort of “weak” to my imagination at the moment even though I really like it. I haven’t used that style of flying lately though… I need to get myself accustomed to it again so I feel better about it.

Other powers… I’ve always had trouble with. Flying may be second nature to me in any dream, but other than telekinesis, which is still hard for me, I fail at any other powers. I try to summon and teleport a lot… Teleporting never works for me, since even if I go through walls or something I still end up in a “predictable” place. That’s why I want to create a world to visit in my dreams even though I’m really lazy and may not for a long time yet. I know if I can just imagine where I want to go better rather than saying “Just get me outta here” that it will improve. Another thing that’s nice that I’ve noticed is that if I close my eyes in a dream… I usually end up in an FA, even though it feels a lot like waking up. Seems I should do more RCs after closing my eyes in a dream, cause otherwise I would have been lucid. It would work quite nicely.

Another thing I try to do a lot is summoning. I can do it, just not as much as I used to (not that I could much before). Again, I think it’s still a problem of the imagination for me. I try too hard to do it rather than just imagining it. I miss the clarity and control of the first two dreams when I summoned my SC… That’s why I want to meet him again; so I can talk to him and so he can make my LD more clear and stable. But… making myself stop and focus on imagining things is often a focus issue for myself. If I could just get myself to stop and think for a second and calm down… Not that I don’t get goals accomplished otherwise. I just feel that would help a lot of my problems tremendously.

what about super speed. like running at the speed of light or something almost as fast where things stand still.

Flying has always been second nature to me as well. Teleporting was tricky to get the hang of but I nailed it eventually. As far as telekenisis goes I have been able to manipulate glass on the ground from broken bottles with immense concentration.

Although ive never been lucid long enough to even try stuff, i can imagine this may work. climb up somewhere high where you can look over everything and see just the horizon, take some steps back and then run, focus yourself on the horizon and jumping all the way there, jump off of your high point and extend yourself all the way as if laying on your stomach and reach for that horizon trying to grab it, focus on the horizon and try to forget your even above anything, if you focus hard enough on that point on the horizon then you should forget about your fear of falling or even the fact that you can fall at all. This should get you in the air. As far as the blu-tac tap, you should put the tac on and turn on the tap with no delay, its kind of an old skateboarding trick from when i used to drop into half pipes, if you believe and invision it and just do it all at the same time it should cut out the time frame where your mind corrects this impossibility thus preventing it from happening.

I did infact get powers a few nights ago, I just forgot to post here. I’ll explain.

I am in some kind of office building owned by a business that writes a magazine, the usual fashion crap with gossip on celebrities. I’m there on paid work experience, I have no clue why I even applied to work here, I have no interest in magazines and the whole idea of celebrities and blabbing about fashion disgusts me. Yet at some point Mr. Tall appeared (A character from a book series called ‘The Saga of Darren Shan’) and took me away through some odd looking gardens, it was around evening so the sky was quite dark. He eventually drops me off in a small piece of grassland near a car park. I cannot tell if I was lucid or not, it was a few nights ago and I cannot remember. I found that I could fly Neo style, and pretty much manipulate stuff, can’t remember exactly what I did though.

I looked at the car park and I saw an expensive looking car sitting there, I knew this car was mine. Then, some other cars, about two, drove into the car park and scratched into mine. They just got out their cars and walked off. I was furious and decided to use my powers to mess up their cars. So I stepped forward with my hand raised and I made a nasty gouge in the paintwork of one. Yet suddenly I couldn’t do anything. It’s as if my powers were suddenly lost again. I woke up soon after.

Well, at least it’s a start. I don’t think I was fully lucid though.

Sounds like an FLD to me.

Indeed it would appear so.