Theres an app for that...

Hey, so
I recently posted about an “Inception App” I found for iTouches/iPhones/iPads, and it requires a microphone, so I can’t use it until my iTouch 4G comes, BUT I found an app called “Dream Controller” that plays sounds when your sleeping, telling you your sleeping. It could be quite interesting.

It costs 59p (or 99c) so I thought, what the heck. I’ll test it out tonight and tell you if it works, heres hoping… i’m starting to run out of ideas to improve Dream recall and LD’ing!

Interesting, if that works for you, i’m going to take a look.

Sounds like binural beats and loop recording, but let me know how that works.

I always wanted to have something like that… I’m curious of how much it really helps with LD’ing…

Wow, it works in quite an interesting way.

During the day, it will use Push notifications (displays a message on your ipod/iphone, even when locked) saying “Are you dreaming? Don’t just ignore this or you will ignore it in your dreams, do a reality check”.

Then, as you sleep, you set your sleep time (say 00:00 to 11:00) and set the amount of messages for it to deliver during your sleep, and during the REM period, a womans voice says “This is a dream” as many times as you’ve set.

It hasn’t induced any dreams, but it has somehow gave me AWESOME dream recall, and I mean, AWESOME. Even without trying hard to remember, I can remember most of the dream pretty crisply in my mind right now, and I haven’t even written it down yet!

I’d suggest getting this to anyone with 59p and an iTouch device (Ipod,pad,phone)

I’ll use it tonight and tell you what happens!

Sounds fantastic! I’m gonna give it a go and I’ll tell you guys how it works for me as well. :smile:

I’ve tried this with a loop of myself saying “This is a dream, do a RC” every 15 minutes. Didn’t change a thing. Binural beats never worked for me eighter so I’m assuming I just dream differently and that way dosen’t work for me.

Does anyone know if there is a good app for Blackberry to help remind me to do RC’s?

Dream controller is a nice app for random RC reminder. However i found no effect in the “It is a dream!” message when i sleep … so far (only 3 days)

The “It is a dream” message can’t be changed? Because i just don’t like the voice it sounds like gibberish to me. Anyway i’m french so a french message might be better :wink:

For my RC, I use the Sleep Check Reminder app for Android phones.

The author of the app updated it this week to add a “night reminder” mode that will play a sound at set times during the night.

Might want to check it out if you are an Android user.

It has been one week i use dream controller (iphone app).

I have a slightly better dream recall than before. My dream recall was already good so maybe it can improve even more for persons having difficulties on this topic.

The RC reminder is really good. But I think you should rely also on self-induced RC because you will act only when you are prompted to do so. All in all, an interesant feature.

They just have updated the app. Now you can have diffrent lucid dream inducing sentencess during your REM phase (“This is a dream”, “You are dreaming”, “Are you dreaming?”, “You are dreaming, do whatever”). But still no way to record your own message.

There are also inspirational sounds for your REM phase (didn’t tried yet), such as: airplane, applause, baby, battle, beach, cafe, forest, motorcycle, rain. That may work well as Hervé de St-Denis experiments :wink:

So far i had one lucid dream since i use the app. Let’s go for further testing! Cheers all!

I think Ill first let others test this some more. If the results look promising I might try it.

So far it has been more than 3 months i use the dream controller iphone app when asleep.

It has suceeded in inducing one LD for sure. And it has enhanced my dream recall. So i would say it is not a revolution but the thing just work as a nice option.

Thanks for that will try soon…

I installed Dreams Controller (it’s currently free) on my iPhone 3G but I don’t have the Create option shown in the screenshots.

I assume that option is disabled for this free version but I don’t see how to buy a full version.

JB

I’ve also tried Dream Controller some time and at first I did get 1 or 2 LD’s that were probably triggered by the app, but as with most of such methods I soon get used to the messages during my sleep and they don’t seem to work anymore. It still might be worth trying though if you’re interested, cause every extra LD you can get is better than none.

i have an interesting idea! if you could get an app to vibrate randomly then when you look at it, it tells you to do a reality check then this could help. If you do this over and over, everytime it vibrates doing a reality check then you could just set like your phone or whatever to vibrate in your sleep then in your dream you would instinctivly look at the phone and do a RC!

I actually did try an app that would vibrate instead of sound, but quickly found it only very annoying to wake up from it. Things need to trigger a lucid dream while dreaming and not wake you up grumpy constantly in order to work.

Strange, I don’t get push notifications.

EDIT: Got them now, I think the app needs to be minimized for them to pop up.

sounds pretty legit, gunna give it a shot