What just happened o_o

Ok, this is slightly coincidental, or just one of those universal things we’ll never understand. But last night, I had a ND in which me and my friends went back to my house, where some of them went on the laptop, and some of them went downstairs to watch tv.

Sparing you the details of the dream, the one important part is the Power going out, I managed to fix it and the dream continued into a rather odd one…
The odd thing is, today, when I came back from the shops, the power in my house, and my entire area was out.

Coincidence? It creeps me out!

Hm…Coincidence

But that’s still strange!

Haha probably a coincidence indeed, but definitely remarkable. Did you recall the dream before it happened and/or wrote in down?

Just some wild ideas. Maybe there was some light that is usually there that suddenly went out while you were sleeping which your sleeping eyes noticed. Even if it was slight, your eyes could notice a difference even though closed. Or maybe, some background noises caused by electrical equipment, such as fans or ventilation systems went out, and your sleeping ears noticed that. Perhaps both these things. Maybe a voice reached your ears from somewhere, a neighbor perhaps, mentioning a blackout. Or, going out on a limb, perhaps when the power went out, the electromagnetic fields that usually surround you changed and the brain, being sensitive to magnetic fields, was able to deduce what had happened.

If there are any lights in your bedroom ( even LED lights on electronic equipment) that your mind is used to, you might have woken up after a dream as you always do, saw the lights out and went back to sleep. Most people completely forget about micro-awakenings that happen during the night, but that doesn’t mean your subconcious didn’t notice something was off.

You don’t understand, I dreamt it, woke up at about 8am, later that day I went to the shops and when I came back the power was out. the power went out roughly 6 hours after my dream!

Yes, i recalled the dream, but I write down my dreams at random times, because lately an iPod app i’ve been using makes my dream recall excellent and I never really forget my dreams, so I write them down later that day, or maybe even the next day.

Anyway, heres exactly what happened in the dream:
I went into my house, which was the same as the inside normally is, but the outside was much different, and it was surrounded by gardens that stretched atleast 3x the house’s width and length. 2 of my friends went up to my bedroom and used my laptop, the inside of the house was weirdly dark, i’m guessing the electric was out by now, but I didn’t know in the dream. Weirdly, my friends were browsing the internet, which would have been impossible as the wifi router is powered by a wall plug. I continued down the stairs into the kitchen, where 3 or 4 of my friends were attempting to get the TV to work, without success, I notice all the lights are out and come to the conclusion that the electric is out. I reach for the electric meter and press a button that (in real life) normally extends your time so you can top it up, my vision gets bright and the dream ends.

Heres the real life version:
Me and my mum go to the shops, it takes about 10 minutes, and when we get back, we walk into the kitchen and my mum notices the TV isn’t working, she thinks the TV has died, as it has been acting up recently (which I didn’t know about until then, so god knows why it was featured in the dream).
I look around and realise its dark in the house, and come to the conclusion that the electric is out, I reach for the meter and realise that its dead too, so the power grid in my area is out, as I later find out. It comes back on in an hour and all is well.

I can’t help thinking their strangely similar, it has kinda creeped me out, and amazed me as the same time. I keep an open mind, but until i’m proven otherwise i’ll put it down to coincidence.

Any elaborations? lol