Gaming Induced Lucid Dreaming

I’ve tried to get lucid for quite some time now. And the only real progress I made was that I could recall my dreams very well. My problem isn’t my lack of fantasy but as soon as I’ve imagined a dream world I suddenly think of something else destroying the whole world…

But I recently acquired a new computer game (Dead Space 2). To play it in the “best” way I closed my blinds, turned off the lights and put on my headphones. And the atmosphere this game created was so intense that my mind was completely focused on it and as soon as I went to bed, the only thing I could think of was the game.

I’m not from EA and trying to make you buy the game. Not at all. It might work with very many games. But the Sci-Fi setting made it easy to think of a world for a dream.

This was the first time I was lucid (well as soon as I drifted away my sister had to turn the TV volume louder which woke me - but it still counts for me^^).

So my conclusion is, that video-games can help you to get lucid. Good luck :content:

Good, I think I`ve read something about Videogames and LD’s somewhere… Something about Videogames making it easier to be in control and being aware of your surroundings, especially from FPS’s. But yeah… I’m no expert. :smile:

It’s a good example, I had the same experience, but with the movie What Dreams May Come… So I think that here was more about what you see or hear of feel, and less about the game… For me the trigger was a movie and for you was a game, and my point is that a life changing experience can trigger LD, because after this movie I had my very first lucid dream! :happy:

Congrats on your lucid dream! :happy:

Well , i’m not from EA…

But i got a prelucid dream because of this game xD

The entry is in my DJ if you want to take a look.

But the advantage of a game is, that you can play it on multiple evenings^^

It’s so intense and scary o.O

I will as soon as possible :content:

Scary? :lol:
I found it surprising, finished it today. The end is strange and funny.

Intense? Yes, well i just love the dynamic music and atmosphere of the game :happy:

It’s not as scary as the first one. But the dismemberment of the young necromorphs is just wrong^^