This technique worked the first night I tried it. Last night

Only part of this article –

menstuff.org/issues/byissue/ … aming.html

– Is relevant to this post.

It amounted to largely a cut and paste of LaBerge’s research
PLUS this one gem that made all the difference…

[b]

Training Protocol for Lucid Dreaming.

Should be practiced each night before going to sleep.

1. Play relaxing music on low volume. Lie down and close eyes. Lie on
    left side if comfortable, if not, gently touch forefinger to thumb of
    each hand and let hands rest by side.

2. Listen to tape and do some deep breathing (Noise Removal Breathing
    p.87 & Level One Breathing p.86).

3. Imagine and feel a point of white light in middle of forehead.
    Sense it radiating its light in front of the brain and directly in
    front of you.

4. Imagine and feel you are walking along a deserted beach at
    twilight. Notice the sky, moon, stars. As you walk, sense the point
    of white light on forehead, look down at hands and feet. Rotate hands
    and look at them in the light of the moon and stars.

Next, imagine you reach the entrance to an underground cave. Walk
down seven stairs, reach out to open the door and look at hand. Walk
into a cavernous room with many doors. Atmosphere of calmness and
peace. You will find yourself drawn to one of the doors. Know that your
chosen door holds something of value behind it. As you walk towards
the door, feel the point of light, and glance down at the hands and
feet. When you open the door, look at your hand. Enter the next room
and explore everything ­ the people or beings you find there may be
metaphorical. You may talk to anyone. As you explore, occasionally
glance at hands or feet and feel the point of white light on the
forehead. After exploring the room, return to the first room and the entrance that leads to the stairs. Open the door and walk to the beach. Bring awareness back to physical body, and slowly open eyes.

Preparation for Lucid Dreaming

1. Lie on left side if it feels comfortable as above.

2. Close eyes, deep breathing (or Level One Breathing).

3. Imagine point of white light in forehead.

4. As your awareness rests on this point, say to yourself silently:
    “I intend to have lucid dreams tonight. I recognize when I am
    dreaming and I am able to move freely in my dream body.” (Can use any
    similar statement).

5. Continue to keep mental focus gently at point of light in the
    middle of forehead. When you feel yourself drifting off to sleep, let
    go of the focus.

You may change body position throughout the night. When you catch yourself dreaming, remember the point of light in forehead, and to look at hand or feet.
[/b]

I dreamed last night that I was looking in a mirror and saw the point of light in my forehead and I was instantly lucid. No technique has EVER worked this quickly for me. I read it and tried it in the same 24 hour period.

I have no idea what to suggest as an acronym for this technique, especially since it isn’t my work.

Perhaps PLILD? (Pineal Lambency Induced Lucid Dream) :tongue:

I’m going to try it tonight, I hope it’ll work…

Thank you very much :content:

I will try too :slight_smile:

Also, i saw the book page after some research…Uh . :eek:

Good news… the book is an article that someone pirated and turned into a book. But the author is still unknown. I found the same article from 3 other sources.

I hear you. Bad thing about me is I don’t freak out and go elsewhere, I stop and think “Now what the heck does this have to do with lucid dreaming?!” and I start reading. :tongue:

Eh ,ok.

I don’t know if it’s because of the technique or not, but i had an LD…

I don’t saw the white spot ,i just became instantly lucid…

Wow ! :eek: People seem really to look forward into this… So will I ! :woo:

What did you just say man ?? :happy:

Question: Why the feet/hand looking-at so much ? Seems like an RC purpose only… The white light sounds more like a new thingy - could make one feel “divine” :tongue:

This sounds very promising :smile: but you still have to meet a mirror for it to work right? :sad:

It didn’t work with me :sad: , but I had some difficulties to keep concentrated.
I’ll try again tonight !

It kinda worked with me.
I tried it last night and I had this light on my head for a short time and wanted to do an RC but couldn´t because I was shot and awoke, damn! :tongue:

I think the hand and feet looking should prepare you, so you remember to make RCs while dreaming. You do this while beeing conscious from the point of a white light on your forehead. Maybe this triggers something in the brain, could be.
The beach is just for relaxing purposes I think and the underground is a thing which simply can be imagined and there are few things that distract you from the doors.

So what name can we give it?

The center of the forehead is where the pineal gland is located. It’s been called the third eye and associated with awareness in Eastern culture. There’s a wealth of reading material on the internet about “opening” the third eye through meditation and such.

Lambency simply means glowing, much like a candle flame glows and flickers. So I figured Pineal Lambency Induced Lucid Dreaming would make for an acronym that isn’t taken already. shrug :cool:

I doubt it. It’s not mentioned in the article. I was expecting to see the glow of the light when I looked at my hands.

Looking at one’s hands and/or feet is a RC associated with Don Castaneda. The last time I successfully made a RC like this in a dream, my hands started sprouting twigs and leaves. Probably the most easy and effective RC I’ve ever had. :eek:

The visualization exercise of wandering around the underground cave sounds identical to Carl Jung’s Active Imagination Technique, which makes sense… conversing with the subconscious while awake before the direct encounter with it at night during sleep.

Makes perfect sense :smile:
And since I don´t have a better suggestion… …let´s name it PLILD if nobody contradicts