Chemicals associated with Dream Recall and LD

:confused: :help: :cry: [/spoiler]I’m wondering what vitamins and minerals help with dream recall. Note: it doesn’t really have to be in breakfast.
I already drank like half a jug of milk and I didn’tremember anything, also, would auto suggestion like I will wake up after every dream I have tonight work usually and help with dream recall.

I know that vitamin B6 helps dream recall. (long list) Its found in potatoes, bananas, beans, seeds, nuts, red meat, poultry, brewer’s yeast, eggs, chicken, carrots, fish, liver, kidneys, peas, wheat germ, walnuts, fish, eggs, spinach, and fortified cereals.

See, thats why I’m gonna eat some smart balance butter :tongue: (like 20% B6 of your daily value)

I have noticed better sleep, and because of that more dreams, since i started to take fish oil regularly. It contains both fat soluble vitamins and essential fatty acids, something that the brain needs.

I take a tablespoon of flax seed oil before I go to bed.

In Tim Ferriss’ new book, “The 4 Hour Body,” he mentions that the flax seed oil helps balance glucose levels while you sleep which allows for deeper sleep. I have noticed this as well and my initial sleep cycles seem much deeper than before.

For LD, he mentions taking a compound called Huperzine-A (200 mcg) 30 minutes before bedtime. While I have not had any LDs on the nights I was taking it, I do notice a positive increase in the vividness of my dreams.

Writing this gave me an idea!

I am starting to wonder if I should wait to take the Huperzine-A until after my 2nd sleep cycle. I sleep very hard the first few hours that I am asleep, so maybe waiting until I wake up at 1-2 in the morning and then taking it might increase the vividness of my pre-morning REM cycle.

Anyone have any experience with Huperzine-A and know if this is a good or bad idea?

As I’ve said here many times, eating three or four ounces of nuts before bed will make you have vivid and memorable dreams.

Nobody seems to believe me though.

I believe you, because that’s what i have done this week and the result is here: three vivid long dream per night :smile:
Took peanuts from ben&nuts xD

It’s never failed to do that to me.

Here is what I took last night:

1 Tbsp Flax Seed Oil
~1.5 Tbsp Almond Butter
1 200 mcg Huperzine-A

Went to bed around 9:45 PM.

What happened?

Had two very vivid and unusual dreams with about 20 seconds of lucidity towards the end of the first dream I remember. The strange thing was that it was early in the evening (1:15 AM) and not in the later.

Might try a similar protocol tonight, but after gaining lucidity at the end of the first dream, I had trouble staying asleep the rest of the night because I was so excited. Might skip the Huperzine-A so I have some normal dreams . . . if dreams can be considered normal.

You can keep it simple. Peanuts are all you need.

I’m going to take vitaminpills before bed this week to see if it does any impact on my dreamrecall

Next week: Go nuts! With peanuts;)

Fish oil is a borderline prescription by my doc, so I have to take that and I add vitamin e and b6. I notice a difference in my dreams when I miss the b6, so b6 all the way! :smile:

Yeah the last two days ive been taKing naps And before I Take them i eat almonds. NoticabLe difference In my abiLity to acheive lucidity. today no nuts and barely any dream recall, granted i wasnt getting good sleep and i was exhausted because my sinuses are completely jacked right now, so that may have been it. but yes, eat nuts and your dreams will come true.

I really think the most effective part of my routine has been the Huperzine-A.

This was confirmed to some extent when I picked up a copy of the book “Head Trip” last weekend. The author goes into detail about what goes on at LaBerge’s workshops in Hawaii. At one point he mentioned taking OTC supplements that increase acetylcholine in the brain.

A quick google search and you find that matches the description of Huperzine-A.

I have read that you should not take it every night, but two of three nights that I have taken it I have had very vivid dreams and also seen an increase of chances to become more lucid.

For example, the night before last I took it and one of the DCs came up to me while I was being attacked by a snake and said, “You know you are dreaming. Just fly away.”

So I did.

I wouldn’t say that it is what caused the DC to say that, but it is possible that an increase in acetylcholine helped activate more rationality in my dream that allows me or my subconscious to recognize that I am dreaming.