My First LD

soooo… I had my first LD last night, but it was kinda lame. Not exactly what I thought it was going to be. I thought for a second that I was dreaming, then did a RC, then became lucid (my RC varies a little from the guide section of the website. The guide section says to check a digital watch look away then look back. My variation is to just use your cell phone because it has a digital clock on the front screen, and it is something you can practice throughout the day, and who wears a digital watch anymore…). After this everything was pretty blurry and I found it hard to concentrate on anything so I yelled, “Lucidity X1000” which worked great. Everything came into view, I could feel my arms and legs tingling a little (almost a vibrating sensation), but then from there I did nothing to control the dream. It was as if I knew I was dreaming but didn’t care. I just followed along the dream as usual, which turned out to be mildly entertaining, but I am a little disappointed in myself for not taking control. I am aware that I will gain more control over my dream as I gain experience, but I am wondering if there are any suggestions on how I can increase the control I have over the dream, and how I can increase my enthusiasm in the dream to make it more exciting because it was almost as if I didn’t care that I became lucid, even though I was jacked up about it in the morning.

I have read the tips about a checklist, and I am trying that but I don’t see myself remembering it while I am dreaming. Also, is it possible to have a lucid dream every night cause that would be siick, but from the posts I have been reading I feel like it does not happen every night. I am not giving up yet, not even close, I have only been keeping a dream journal for 2 nights and have already had a LD so I know I’m on the right path.

Any suggestions would be great… thanks in advance

BTW LD sounds like a drug which is what it has become for me because I couldn’t wait to get to sleep tonight…

Congrats on your first LD!

It’s possible to have them every night. We have a few members here who have them on a daily basis or nearly a daily basis. You sound like you did a good job of increasing lucidity, so keep up with the technique and some others that are listed. It may actually be a good thing that you didn’t get too excited that it was a dream while in the dream because getting too excited can wake you up. :wink: I’ve gone along with a dream before when I got lucid, but that was usually when I was in lower level lucidity. Dream memory can be messed up (false memory, memory not responding as it should, etc.), but if your focus is pretty good, it shouldn’t be too much of a problem. LDs aren’t always what you expect them to be, but they’re still fun!

Hope this helps, and congrats on your first LD! :content:

a lucid dream i had happened almost just like this. entered a room after just becoming lucid and after just seconds it was almost like bubbles everywhere the world around me becoming almost i guess, ‘unstable’. i’d start to feel my real body where im sleeping but im still half in the dream and the vibrating sensation definitely and it was hard to maintain control and i woke up