Dreams within dreams.

According to most of the people I’ve heard talk about these you have to both go to sleep in the dream and wake up in the dream. I suppose it is a matter of opinion, though.

Usually i’ll be forced to wake up in a dream or die or have something very violent happen (within a dream) and when i wake up ill be a completely different setting from the last dream that i cannot remember from any previous dream so ibelieve its a completely second dream.

I’ve fallen asleep in an ND, and became lucid in the dream-dream. I’ve never fallen asleep in an LD, though.

same here unseen… in fact it was my only [LD] thusfar that i remember anyway. it came when i first began trying to become lucid and was telling my friends about the dreams i remembered alot. then one night in a dream i began telling my sister about a dream i had just had and closed my eyes to suddenly begin dreaming. i remember telling my sister what i was seeing in my dream as it happened all the while still asleep :eek:

I went to sleep in a LD, and immediately went to a FA…don’t remembering “dreaming” within this at all. though there was a lapse in conscoiusness because in the FA I didn’t remember that I was previously lucid (most FA’s from LDs I am aware that I was previously lucid)

Already done this :razz: it was an LD and I was along a railroad and went asleep, the LD in an LD was very lucid and I did lucid stuff :tongue:

Lol. You sound so happy :razz:

Yesterday I actually did WILD while in the dream. It was a strange experience… It only took like 5 seconds of WILD to get into the LD… which is not normal in RL. The problem was that the LD was VERY low level. Everything was blurred and I just wasn’t able to make it better… it only lasted like for 3 minutes.

last time I had a dream in a dream, I went from a ND to a LD. It was really fun and vivid… but it definately wasn’t counted as one of my “great” LDs under my LD count…

Be careful what u wish for. About 3 years ago i had the worst nightmare of my life. It was definitely NOT a lucid dream because i felt totally out of control, but at the same time i knew i was dreaming…sort of. I remember I was asleep and I kept having these insane, vivid, nightmares. It felt like i would wake up ablout every half-hour in total fear. This kept happening maybe six or seven times, all different nightmares. Finally i got up out of bed and went into my roomates bedroom. I was begging him and his girlfriend to stay up with me and keep me awake because i couldn’t take any more of these nightmares. It turnes out…I was still dreaming!! I didn’t realize this until i woke up and apologized for storming in their bedroom in the middle of the night. They had no idea what I was talking about. Freakin’ Crazy!!

lol that’s hillarious :tongue:

PS- Welcome! :colgate:

Thanks! This stuff is so interesting. Ever since that dream i’ve been fascinated by the subject.

I made a topic about the “levels” of lucidity, that I hope you’d find useful or interesting:
[Lucid Levels and Axes)

Yeah, our minds are way too complex to draw a clear line between lucid and nonlucid, methinks.

I have also wondered this…In my best LD I had 3 LDs in one dream! :grin: I was lucid, then had a FA, realized I was dreaming and became lucid, then did it again! My question on this question is do you gain more dream time if you enter another dream level??? :confused: :help: If any experienced Lucid Dreamers try this experiment and notice the time (somehow) PLEASE pm me! :wink:

I was awoken (IRL) and died in one dream by accident and woke up into another one, where there was this massive earthquake. Some people muttered something about realizing I was awake and I caught on to the fact that I was dreaming. At the same time I knew my father was waking me up so I tried to fall back to sleep and go down as many dream “layers” as possible to make my lucid time seem longer. Then the lady dropped me and I had to go to school. Damn.

Lol that always stinks.

I usually have FAs, that’s all. It starts with nightmares then I awake in a near-to-reality dream before finding out weird bugs all around me. I wonder if it would make a big difference if you plunge into a dream in the dream :eh:

Maybe it is possible to have a Dream within a Dream. But I think would be a little hard to fall sleep in a Lucid Dream.

But maybe if we create a Machine (like from inception) and we expect that when we press the button, we will get in another Lucid Dream or Scene, using the Law Of Expectation!

YES I THINK IT IS POSSIBLE! I will try a fill times!

OBS.: Do NOT confuse Dream within a Dream with False Awakes!

In my last LD i fainted, and i woke up to a FA, then i used DEILD to reenter my dream.
This happened several times during the dream, and i hope i learned this technique through this dream :smile: (improbable, but i’ll try)