The Signal

Are you a natural? - Part I

Author  Message 
Beat Doctor
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Sun 17 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

Once when I was like 9 or 10 (maybe even younger) I dreamed that I can transform to a light entity, only shining light and I could fight with my friends in some kind of an arena while I was transformed to light being. Doing all that I became more and more weak. Then it just came to me, why am I doing this? I'm dreaming! Then I woke up.

Current LD goal(s): Visit outer space, summon the first lucid dreamer.
Lantzzy
LD count: +++

PostPosted: Fri 29 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

I grew up thinking it was just dreaming, didn't know anything was special about it, until I was telling my mom about a weird dream I have when I was young.

I don't remember ever waking up because I've become lucid. But I've always been a deep sleeper, my mom would have conversations with me about my day when she got home off the evening shift. Just a few sentences but I'd never remember them.

Current LD goal(s): To be able to turn off LDing, and only have on demand LDs
Move Zig
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Dozens

PostPosted: Wed 17 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

I do remember having a LD as a child and even solving a recurring nightmare that way, but I'm only a natural with WILD. If I can get myself to the 'vibrations and whooshing sound' stage, I find I can actually amplify the sensations and get into a WILD quickly and reliably. Good thing too, because there's something in me (maybe several things) that prevent me from keeping a DJ. WILD circumvents that.

Current LD goal(s): Establish a reliable WILD technique; learn how to extend duration of LDs
Blargh776

PostPosted: Tue 30 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

no not at all lol

<mod>Three posts moved to the "What huge dreamsign have you missed lately" topic dragon</mod>

bored299
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: none... yet

PostPosted: Fri 17 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

mmm.... Not really, I haven't had an LD yet but I feel like I'm getting better fast so I wouldn't say I'm awful When I was little I used to have amazing dream recall but it faded, It's slowly coming back as well So no I guess I'm not a natural cry

Current LD goal(s): have an LD and remember all dreams and meet JD from scrubs in a dream
Forgotten Wolf
Full-time Howler
Novice dreamer
LD count: Not enough.

PostPosted: Tue 21 Dec, 2010  Reply with quote

I remember one time when I was a child, I made it a mission to recognize I was dreaming (I was mad that my dreams were always hazy.)

I actually got a lucid dream the next day after my mission, however as I found out I was dreaming I suddenly got pulled towards the ceiling. Never really thought about replicating it. Figures tounge2.

Current LD goal(s): Achieve an LD after a year of a hiatus.
Lucidmami22
LD count: 100+

PostPosted: Sun 09 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

Yes by all means I am a natural. I have been having Lucid Dreams since I was a young child. I've been able to fly, throw fire, make it rain, you name it! I just now, tonight learned that other people could do it also. I've knowninwas in dreams pretty much my entire life. I thought it was weird not being able to control your dreams, I guess I'm the weird one!

Current LD goal(s): ld on demand, communcate with REAL people who are also Lding
Nuevefactorial
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Tue 11 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

I remeber one time before I heard about lucid dreaming that I realized I was dreaming while dreaming of being in a restaurant and had sex with a waitress that was passing by... lol XD

Current LD goal(s): Use superpowers to destroy the dream world.
Glyph
Sigil Sorcerer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2

PostPosted: Wed 12 Jan, 2011  Reply with quote

While I'm not sure that I ever had lucid dreams as a child, I do know that I had excellent dream recall. I have always been able to remember my dreams. Also, as a small child, I had an issue with sleepwalking that was associated with my dreaming.

I also know that both my parents have had lucid dreams in the past, and are both very vivid dreamers. I don't know if any of this is hereditary, but if it is, I most definitely have the genes.

Current LD goal(s): Conjure an item in a lucid dream.
bettafishpwn
LD count: none actually

PostPosted: Fri 04 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

I'm not a natural at the dreaming itself, but I'm a natural at controlling things within the dream.

Current LD goal(s): to become a 100 foot tall god lol
Stephen
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: daily

PostPosted: Mon 07 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

I remember when I was a kid I had some LD s throughout the years. I had them but I didn't have any idea if they had a name or anything. It was until I was around 14 years old that I realized the true potential of lucid dreaming and then after looking it up on the net I started with the techniques so I could get them regularly. So I guess I'm a natural even though I barely remember that time of my life.

Current LD goal(s): live a full day in a lucid dream
Gneb
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 13 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

I posted this somewhere else as well but I had a number of dreams when I was younger where I controlled what I did and I knew there would be no consequences. As I remember I didn't go OH im dreaming but I guess indirectly I knew I was if that makes sense.
Those dreams always made me feel so free which is part of the reason why im here now.

Deja Vu

Are you a natural?
PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Yes i would consider myself a natural. THe first lucid dreams i remember having were when i was 7 or 8 years old.

Huse
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Thu 17 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

I had LOTS of natural lds and when i was a child aswell. But untill i knew about techniques to LD. I just lost it

Sander
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Yeeeeeeeesss!

PostPosted: Wed 23 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

It's a shame that I either didn't have or can't remember any lucid dreams when I was a child.
I do remember having some dreams when I was little, but that's where the fun ends.
I only had one lucid dream so far, and I had to try really hard for it...
So no, I'm not a natural.

Current LD goal(s): Trying hard to get one more lucid dream.

print