Chakra Technique (very effective!)

I’ll try… but it seems quite painful.

When I do this I start seeing some of those shiny swirls and figures. Although I think this technique has really good potential for me and I`ll definitely keep trying. :smile:

Need to try this have to actually sleep first though going to bed at 2-3 is bad X.x

Hmm…It seems to me like the looking up at this so called “third eye” is a way of keeping conscious awareness and basically doing WILD. I guess?

mm not exactly. But if it works for you in that way than cool. There is a way though of inducing WILD while focusing on your third eye… but it’s not because you’re keeping conscious awareness… it’s because you will induce HI pretty easily without having to undergo the previous relaxation stages in WILD technique.

Could you please give me your definition of what you think the third eye is. I’m curious. How does this induce HI pretty easily?

I tried this last night. It felt like my head was on fire, and I didn’t get to sleep for about an hour. But I will try tonight; maybe it won’t be so bad.

I’ll try it ^^

The third eye chakra, located in the center of the forehead, is a chakra centered mainly around creativity, imagination, and (if I’m not mistaken,) mental connection. Interestingly enough, the pineal gland of the brain, special due to being the only gland in the brain that is singular, and between the halves. Partly due to its nature being intertwined with creative and original minds, it is also said to be linked to dreaming very strongly, and since HH is dreams forming, this may be why people feel it has a connection to the odd sensation.

Of course, this is only relevant should you believe in chakras. Otherwise, you’re just staring at the top of the bridge of your nose.

Sure. The third eye isn’t simply a place in your forehead someone decided to invent like some people might think. In our physical body it’s the Pineal Gland. It’s basically a small endocrine gland in the vertebrate brain. It is also known that this gland produces melatonin, which is a hormone that affects the wake/sleep pattern. So as you can see. The third eye doesn’t really only have a methaphysical connotation, but also a scientific one.

Now, in metaphysics. The pineal gland’s location deep in the brain has a lot of importance. It is associated with the sixth chakra, which links to increased psychic awareness as consciousness ascends. This gland (third eye) controls the various bio-rhythms of the body, and when it awakens it is generally associated with a very deep pressure on the head. Specifically on the base of the brain.

Now… about the HI. With a proper focus on the third eye, (generally achieved through meditation). We experience clear hypnagogic images pretty much identical to the ones we receive when we are performing WILD. Therefore, it is through the same process of HI that we enter an LD, just like in WILD.

How does focusing on this third eye/pineal gland, or maybe focusing on it during meditation give you rewards? What practices might you do to ‘activate’ your pineal gland more? :content:

Thank you for the post LucidHvn…The Chakra Technique worked for me today when I attempted WILD :thumbs:

Although I must add that I’m pretty good at WILD and usually make a successful attempt whenever I find time for an afternoon nap…Nonetheless, using the chakra method seemed a bit more easier to me…So, thanks again…

Its funny that just 2 weeks before I tried this same meditation but got extremely annoyed because of the buzz and headache…That time I couldn’t make out that it could be easily used for WILD :thud: Having faced such anomalous behavior for meditation I switched back to my previous technique…

The pineal gland activates DMT in itself, and DMT is one of the strongest hallucinogens in the world. It is responsible for dreaming, out of body experiences and many other changed states of the mind. One thing I noticed, is that you can only get HI when looking somewhere ‘behind’. And looking up is sort of looking behind. I don’t have any scientifical evidence for this ‘looking behind’ thing, but I just noticed it, that every time I have a HI scene I end up moving my eyes from the behind to the front, and when they come to the front the scene ends. One thing to mention about DMT tho, it is illegal, and still, we all produce it every night (by dreaming). Also, it is considered to be the spirit molecule, because every time we have a spiritual experience, it activates. One more proof that the ‘inner god’ is an illusion.

Someone could say it is proof that the ‘inner god’ is real :smile:.

Maybe, but I see it as an illusion. A simple mistake in nature, when you would explain it through evolution, you would notice that it’s nothing but a mistake that is neither positive or negative, its neutral. The current state of DMT hallucinations (dreaming, out of body, so on) is created by our own expectations, like in any other hallucinogen. If you expect to see god, you will see it.

If you don’t know how evolution works, read on. The DMT production in the pineal gland is probably made through positive mutation (or in this case, neutral mutation). Once, there were creatures that had no DMT production, a mutation happened and a creature with DMT was borned. As it didn’t make the creature have no children, it had children, which had a pineal gland.

Glad you brought that up BeatDoctor :smile: Yes, Dimethyltryptamine is a VERY powerful psychoactive substance. If it was to be smoked, injected, or orally ingested when combined with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor… you will pretty much have some pretty twisted entheogenic experiences. It’s very simillar to LSD and psilocybin. DMT alters the brain’s chemistry in a matter of minutes.

There are theories that says DMT is the reason why we dream. Could be… but I don’t think there is any actual scientific proof this is true. I believe it is definetaly the reason why we obtain HI when we focus on the pineal gland and not specifically because of melatonin. Some studies show that DMT actually clears the melatonin from the pineal gland…

Interesting. I thought up a similar method a month or two ago. I just try to keep awareness while falling asleep; it felt like I was looking with both eyes upward. I would experience a lapse in consciousness, then I was in a dream at a pretty good level of lucidity. I’m a bit surprised that I found this here, as I thought I was the only one to use the method. Apparently I’m 5000 years too late. Oh well. Good luck to you as you learn how to use this method! :wink:

3 Lds last night again with this technique. Although once again, no visualization at all. Here are the exact steps in case someone wants to try it. No visualization or pre meditation done.

First of all you have to be very tired.

1. Wake up after 5 hours of sleep (it has worked before with only 3 hours)

2. Once you wake up, do not stay awake for a while… instead just stay laying on the bed. (For some reason this technique works better for me when I´m laying on the side)

3. repeat the mantra “I will know I’m dreaming” over and over again. Do this for a while… and REALLY concentrate on these words. Don’t just say it… Mean it! if you really mean it, it will keep you awake for some minutes.

4. As soon as you feel you are very close to drifting off to sleep… immediately look up into your third eye and after a very short while (for me it’s a matter of seconds) You will start getting dizzy and feel like everything is spinning.

5. You automatically enter a dream

I have to admit that this technique does sound weird and it’s hard to believe that just by looking up you will have an LD. But look at it this way… it’s basically MILD, and looking up to your third eye is just a bonus for a higher chance in entering the LD, that’s all.

Good Luck.

LucidHvn, how is your sleep normally? My sleep is really deep usually and if i don`t get out of bed i tend to get into deep sleep immediately :confused:

Those steps seem pretty good actually. Thanks, I will try that. :content: