dream recall (...this actually works)

I’m person that always complains about ‘not dreaming’, I only remember few dreams every few moths, etc. So, I was reading Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming and there was this technique for people with this issue… After waking up I was supposed to stay still for a while, ask myself what I was dreaming about/what I was thinking about and try to not think about day’s problems, stuff around me, etc. It actually worked (although it turns out I was laying there an hour not few mins o_O). Can this really be THAT easy? o_____________O

Yes.
it’s like a switch you turn on after reading all about lucid dreams !
If you want even more detailed dreams, and to also have better dream recalls in general, I suggest you start a dream journal where you can write everything on it.
If you can’t recall you dreams anymore, don’t worry it can happen. Just do some good old mantras (Ex: I will remember my dreams tomorrow morning) and don’t lose hope !

Yeah, I have dj.

Thanks ^^"

My only problem with this techniqe is that I simply forget to do it upon awakening. I dont really have trouble with DR, but when I do, and I try to remmber to lie still to recall my dream. For some reasong I allways forget, and get out of bed, then a minute latter ill remmber that I was supose to lay still. Maybie I should like wrie a note, and put it by my bed.

I made it a habit to start recalling just after waking up. But the funny thing is, when i get out of bed and go to the bathroom, my dream recollecting works better!

Another recall tip for those who find it hard to remember: think about your loved ones, did i dream about them? Think of your classmates/coleagues, did i dream about them, did i dream about my family? Maybe my pets?.. Did i dream about the wheather? Etc. etc. Sometimes so many dreams come back at the same time that it confuses me, what belongs to which dream?? Messy!

Nya, I’ve read about one technique… I didn’t try it but there were some great results by other people that using it.

So you should take a glass full of water just before you lie down, I’m not sure but I think it’s supposed to be the last thing you do, drink half, and you say to your self:
When I drink the other half in the morning I will remember what I dreamed… And in the morning you drink the other half.

And maybe not the first time, but it should work, just like with every other technique you need time…

I hope that helps you…

Thanks but I don’t think it will work for me xD. I drink insane amounts of water, something like 1/3 or 1/4 of 1l water bottle just before sleep xP. Else I feel like I’m going to die -_-. Dunno, maybe my diet makes this happen, heh.

it’s funny that I first move and then wake up. Perhaps if I had more restful sleep it wouldn’t be like that

As I’ve stated in another thread on this site, eating three or four ounces of any kind of nuts before bed makes my dreams much more memorable. They don’t need to be salted either. As far as I know, this has never failed to work for anyone who has tried it. So why not try it and see?

I believe that the movement part is fine…being still after waking is just too difficult…

In my case, I keep my eyes closed for a while…that way thoughts from the WR do not come readily and I feel like in between the two realms and that time I try to recall whatever I had dreamt of…Memories slowly come back to me and then I rush to my DJ and write it down…I get many more scenes while writing…I’ve developed pretty good recall this way…

One thing that still irritates me, is waking up by some other noise…or perhaps some person or stuff…In such cases I forget around 70% of the dreams which really pisses me off…

I guess the first few moments are the most crucial ones…

All i want to say is: DO NOT GIVE UP. I know im also a newbie but i read this topic somewhere here and it really helped me realize that it might take months before you are even ready to start trying to have an LD (i was one of those who expected to manage it in like a week) but i think itll be worth ten times the effort once you’re able to have LD’s like once or twice a week. So hang in there!

ps: try the guide here, it really helps my DR