Strange stuff happened

Hi everyone!!
Although this is the first time I’m writing on this forum, I’ve been following this site since some months ago. I didn’t know lucid dreaming or anything, but I was so fond of the topic that I started to learn how to Lucid Dream, and I must say I’m quite satisfied of my achivements.

However, I have a question…

the other night, I woke up after a lucid dream…I’m sure I was really awake (did reality check) and I was preatty excited for my dream. However I was very tired, and I decided to go to back to sleep.
Not long after this, something strange happened. I thought for some reason that my bed looked like a coffin, and when I turned I found myself in a coffin!!! of course, I said, I must be dreaming. But I didn’t fell asleep!! Then, everything started to shake and I woke up.
Again, back to sleep, same thing, this time I was flying over New York City (I think).
Again, great shaking and boom, awake again.

What happend?? Was it an unintentional WILD??

Thank you in advance for answering!

Very interesting… sounds like a False Awakening to me. They are very common. Funny though how your RC didn’t work :razz: too bad… which RC did you use? my favorite is simply trying to trespass any solid object I have around with my index finger. It’s easy and you are always surrounded by solid objects no matter where you are. Has worked 100% of the time for a little over 10 years

I pinched my nose and I could breathe, then I check the digital clock near my bed.

Anyway, thank for the answer!

yupp…false awakening…

failure of an RC usually precedes an unusual and frightening experience…

and i’ve noted that index finger RC…thank you :smile:

That happened to me when i was like 8, it was so epic. I woke up, back to sleep. Found my self behind a rock and two soldiers looking for me. When they found me, ran to me i woke up. Then i went back to sleep, i was naked in a library. I was like, whatever its a dream. I woke up, i had several but forgot

Thanks for the replies!!
Well, I never realized in all my life when I had a False Awakening. How can you tell? I mean, if my two favorite reality checks failed…
I guess I’ll start the “stick fingers in objects” reality check…

Although there is a chance of having been a false awakening and a failed RC, it seems to me it was a WILD. :tongue: or the beginning of one. Usually when I have WILD’s I’m not aware of the transition from being fully awake and starting the WILD, I guess you can lose a bit of awareness there and not notice that. The shaking makes me think this too, as sometimes people get this shaking vabration feeling when they WILD, it’s probably related to SP and the body losing sensation from the physical world. :smile: