Chakra Technique (very effective!)

LucidHvn, how is your sleep normally? My sleep is really deep usually and if i don`t get out of bed i tend to get into deep sleep immediately :confused:

Those steps seem pretty good actually. Thanks, I will try that. :content:

I know it can be hard… I have really deep sleep too… in a sense I think that’s good for us because we enter dreams faster after 5 hours of sleep. What I do is try to REALLY concentrate on the words “I will know I’m dreaming”… so I don’t just end up saying the words. but instead I’m analyzing each word… you don’t have to say the phrase fast… instead say it slowly emphasizing certain words like this: I WILL know… I’M dreaming" and focus on those capitalized words. but never stop saying the phrase continously. For some reason this deep focus helps me not go to sleep instantly because I know I have very deep sleep and if i stop concentrating on the words… I will fall asleep 20 seconds later.

Of course if you are definetaly having too much trouble than go ahead and stand up… wash your face, then go back to bed… just don’t stay up too long because you want to make sure you’re still sleepy.

Now I think Ive got it!! Its really the meaning of the words. Last night I was hipnotising my self with phrases like this and I didnt had my attention ot the words but at the meaning…At the end I was thinking something like…“dreaming …know…I…dreaming…will…”
And the result was amaizing! :woo: I entered in a clean lucid dream like I never did!!! The problem there was different but I will describe it later in my DJ

Exactly, that’s Great Teodora, Congrats! :smile: I’ll be checking your DJ

Ahh, thanks to you I was actually able to have my first long Lucid Dream :hurray:
Most of my previous LD’s are 5-10 seconds and I don’t count those as LD’s.

I was doing wild this time and remembered your technique, I then repeated your mantra ’ I will know I am dreaming ’ for a while and then looked to my third eye, surprisingly when I ‘let go’ my eyes automatically looked to my third eye and soon I was unconscious. I became conscious again when I was at the end of SP, the part where we transitions to the Dream World - I didn’t go through HI.

It was smooth and there were no weird deep voices or swirling vortexes XD

Exactly Xeph, that’s what’s great about this technique. It is always a smooth transition… no vibration not anything… you simply appear in Dream World :smile: Very glad you were successful with the technique! … now I just use this technique and nothing else… other techniques stopped making much sense when this one is so fast and effective hehe

Excuse me, I know the solution is probably to keep trying, but I have tried this technique a couple of times, both before and after this thread was posted, and I am having trouble with it. I concentrate on my breathing, or do some random word/picture association until I feel fairly ‘zoned out’. Then I roll the eyes back, concentrating on the spot. But I find that the strain on my eyes drags me wide awake, or, more often, that my eyelids can’t stay shut. I have tried ‘practising’ by looking up first and then shutting my eyelids, but I still find they won’t stay closed.
So I’d be helpful for any hints, or detail you could give. But on the other hand I’m not going to give up on this technique because once, before I even knew about this as a formal technique, it worked for me. I was frustrated at the lack of HI, and tried to induce some by rolling back my eyes (in the hope that this would have a similar effect to pressing on them.) Now I didn’t actually get any HI but I felt as if I were tumbling deeper and deeper through my bed. The excitement woke me up, but I take this as a very strong suggestion this method would work for me. When I have tried it intentionally, however, I have never quite managed.

Im having the problem with the eyes also and Im thinking to buy a sleep mask :tongue:

Well, i really need to get how to do it correctly…

Same for me, I tried something like this last night, I almost got into dreaming but for some reason I couldn’t pull it off.
I have a hard time concentrating, I need a special completely silent space for myself.
There’s just too much stuff coming at me at once.
Will try this again today.

Am I doing something wrong when I try this method?
Because whenever I try looking at my third eye I just feel a pain in my eyes, while everything else feels exactly the same, like I’m lying there doing nothing special except for straining my eyes. :confused:

If youre all day long on a pc like me thats normal. You have to relax the eye muscles. Try rapid eye movement up and down as fast as you can with your eyes closed :smile:

I tried it yesterday night and it started to work :happy: when i looked upwards at my third eye, everything started to spin very fast but while doing this, both my eyes started to hurt a bit, i immediately stopped and tried again. But then it ceased to spin and the pain increased so i gave up.
Can you tell me what the pain is all about and is it dangerous for the eyesight?
:confused:

@Teodora, I’ll have to try that, I really need to force my eyes closed when I’m looking up to my third eye. it’s quite annoying.

And it also hurts a bit, but I think that’s because my muscles aren’t used to look up so high, so after a while I think it should go away.
I’m not sure though.

I too find that the ache of rolling my eyes up, though not outright painful, makes me too conscious of my body and I find myself wide awake again. Perhaps I am not yet deep enough? Does anyone have thoughts on that?
Having said that, I now try not to yank them up: instead I find that simply concentrating on the spot allows my eyes to gradually drift up as I lose control.
In fact, what seems to work for me (touchwood) is simply noting the feeling as I try to sleep, but not concentrating too hard. Then my mind wanders and so on, and I effectively lose consciousness. But I somehow regain it just as I move through HH into the dream. I wonder if that is anyone else’s experience too?

Just to say that the third eye is not sooo high. To orient yourselves you can put a finger on the center of the forehead. I personally look for some kind of focus in that area. Its probablly different for other people but I see this tiny swirl just above my normal eye look and I just observe. This really works but I have another problem ... Im becoming concious but i`ts a complete darkness around me …:sad: This goes for little time and then I loose focus an fall in to a normal sleep :sad:

P.S. Sorry for my english, hope you understand what I mean

This technique worked beaauuuuutifully for me once. I used the ‘I will lucid dream tonight’ suggestion, repeated your mantra, concentrated on the spot above the eyes, and when I felt myself drifting, re-concentrated on that spot (seemingly automatically), and there was a spinning - shaking vortex that drew me into a dark space with a membrane. On the other side of the clear membrane, there was the dream, so I half-fell, half-swam through the membrane to enter the dream. Thanks! Is that the way it works for you?

I tried this yesterday and this morning. Yesterday it was more effective. I still, however, did not go lucid.

I was lying on my couch, I lay perfectly still for what seemed like an hour, repeating the mantra “I will know I’m dreaming”. It worked, I felt myself drifting off to sleep and then I looked at my “third eye”. However, my eyes started moving violently, almost like rapid-eye movements. I decided this was part of the process so I ignored it, but then parts of my head started twitching (I know, weird, right?!), and because my eyes were moving so fast, they opened several times. The same thing happened when I woke up this morning and then tried going back to bed. What can you do to stop this from happening?

Edit: I know you said your eyes twitch, but mine were going crazy, haha, don’t know if it’s normal or not.

Maybe I did it wrong, but I can’t be sure. I’ll try again today. I did get some vivd imagery, it might have been HI, but like I said my eyes kept opening, even when I was not looking at the third eye. I tried “quieting” my eyes down but that did not work.

Anyway, it seems like it’s working for a lot of people, maybe if I keep at it I’ll get it in time. Thanks for the techqniue, this is one of the only ones I have time to try. Gonna try it again right now.