Are you a natural? - Part I

While I’m not sure that I ever had lucid dreams as a child, I do know that I had excellent dream recall. I have always been able to remember my dreams. Also, as a small child, I had an issue with sleepwalking that was associated with my dreaming.

I also know that both my parents have had lucid dreams in the past, and are both very vivid dreamers. I don’t know if any of this is hereditary, but if it is, I most definitely have the genes.

I’m not a natural at the dreaming itself, but I’m a natural at controlling things within the dream.

I remember when I was a kid I had some LD s throughout the years. I had them but I didn’t have any idea if they had a name or anything. It was until I was around 14 years old that I realized the true potential of lucid dreaming and then after looking it up on the net I started with the techniques so I could get them regularly. So I guess I’m a natural even though I barely remember that time of my life.

I posted this somewhere else as well but I had a number of dreams when I was younger where I controlled what I did and I knew there would be no consequences. As I remember I didn’t go OH im dreaming but I guess indirectly I knew I was if that makes sense.
Those dreams always made me feel so free which is part of the reason why im here now.

Yes i would consider myself a natural. THe first lucid dreams i remember having were when i was 7 or 8 years old.

I had LOTS of natural lds and when i was a child aswell. But untill i knew about techniques to LD. I just lost it :confused:

It’s a shame that I either didn’t have or can’t remember any lucid dreams when I was a child.
I do remember having some dreams when I was little, but that’s where the fun ends.
I only had one lucid dream so far, and I had to try really hard for it…
So no, I’m not a natural.

No, I didn’t have them as a child.

I’ve had more LDs than anyone I know, but I don’t think I’m a natural. It happens when it happens, and I don’t have a lot of say-so about it. And I go through very long stretches sometimes without having them at all.

I LD every night without an induction method. Mine is trigered or something.

… That just makes me jealous… but good for you :content:

I remember some nightmares I made when I was a child, in which I became lucid but it was very short 'cause it was like : “No, it’s too horrible ! It can’t be true ! I Know : it’s a nightmare ! So I can wake up whenever I want ! I have to wake up NOW !” And then I woke up. It happened 2 or 3 times as far as I can remember ; but I don’t consider myself as a “natural” at all.
And Shinice, you make me kind of jealous too by the way ^^

Its ok. Trust me Lucid is easy to get but difficult to stop. So theres no need to worry, you all will get it someday soon. Just make yourself think and imagine images in your mind. I have no methods to LD but will usually get full lucidness if I do that, but, no thanks it’ll jus make me more tired. You all can try it though.

I can’t believe some people are tired of being lucid :cry:
I had maybe two or three LDs when I was six or seven but now i have to make real efforts to have one.

And I can’t believe there are some who isn’t tired of being lucid…
Its really not that hard.

Woah, did I just read that people are getting tired of being lucid? :eh: Tell me that’s a typo.

I don’t think I’m a natural as it took me a while to learn but once I did learn the techniques I seemed to do it so easy and have no problem having a LD everynight but I also have a 4 year old daughter and she’s always telling me about her dreams and it seems that she has the ability to do it naturally or their just normal dreams either way its pretty cool :smile:

Ah its not… I’m Really REAlly tired of it, not saying that I want it completely gone. Just Insanely wanted to control when and when not to LD. You all should Seriously appreciate that your mind allow you to rest when LD.

i am definitely not a natural, I only get lucid dreams if I actively want to make them happen, and even then they are very rare. It’s strange, I miss pretty much every single dreamsign, unless I’m swimming. I always realise that I can breathe underwater and that’s what triggers lucidity, virtually every time! I think I need to start repeating the phrase ‘I will dream that I am swimming’ rather than ‘I will have a lucid dream’ before going to sleep! :tongue:

Well im kinda a natural not a big one. i haven’t really tried to get them but just knowing that i can kinda helps and im pretty active here lately. think ive had around 5 but cant remember how many had as a child but remembered that they happened every once and awhile. I plan to try a little hard in the summer when i actually have time to write them down in a little more detail.

As a child I was a natural… but then I started using my left brain a bit more. :grrr:

This is a multi part topic, the next part is, here. :dragon: