42%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 33

Author  Message 
Xeph
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 14

PostPosted: Thu 24 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Ray: *To Morph* No physical damage will effect you eh? Well my dual scythes aren't that normal. My whole body is imbued with blazing hot fire which I can distribute into my scythes and release into the air. I can release heat equivalent to 100 of the stars in the galaxy( of earth of course ) combined.

Sythr: I can tell that the last statement is biased.

Ray: grr. Okay, close to that of 100 stars. Freezing me will not do anything and uhhh.... Aiden... . Having no light will just give Sythr the advantage, he emanates darkness and can become one with a shadow.

Sythr: Using me now... You are becoming weak Ray, you don't even know me that much, other than the fact that I am darkness. And Sai pleased to meet you, I am intrigued by your world.

Xeph: Ah this is getting out of hand you guys, you guys should be friends, and be making friends.

Ray: tch.., well I told you guys these people are weird > _>

Sythr: I can't contradict that. You can't help it though, what is normal in one can be distinct and alien on another.

Xeph: hehe../ geenidee

Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Morph: ...I imagine planets must be rather scarce wherever you come from, judging by the extinction-level events that must occur from even a simple sparring match. (When I say extinction-level event, I'm not talking about some puny dinosaur-killer asteroid, I'm talking strip the atmosphere, boil the oceans, reduce a significant fraction of the earth's surface to molten glass, deform the planet itself, woo and quite possibly shift its orbit around the sun. All from the energy released from a -single- scythe blow. eek2 lach1 )

Vesper: *whistles* Wow, that's... really something. I definitely don't think I could keep up with that sort of power output per second.

Mecha: Worldbuilder's note- Ves manipulates thermal energy, interacting with it from a 4-dimensional standpoint and controlling the way it flows down the energy gradient, even reversing it. Essentially she's able to displace heat from one area to another regardless of any intervening obstacles or the normal rate of conductivity\insulation of the material in question. She can't create or destroy it, just move it around, concentrate or disperse it within her range.

Sai: *to Sythr* Quite true. It's all a matter of perspective. meditate

TheTinyNinja
Freelance Ninja
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 6

PostPosted: Fri 25 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Jet: We had a nice long reply all typed out, and then TinyNinja accidentally deleted it grrr cry grrr cry

Aviv: It was a simple accident, Jet. She was trying to keep the reply from being lost in a posting error that frequently occurs between her phone and the chat site.

Jet: Why do you always take her side!?!? cry grrr

Aviv: I don't always take her side. If I was always on her side, then I wouldn't stand quietly in the background of her dreams without reminding her that she's dreaming.

Jet: That's TinyNinja's mind doing that, not you. Every time you make a voluntary action, you back TinyNinja.

Aviv: Jet, remember whose mind we are in. Do either of us really have any voluntary actions?

Jet: eek2

Current LD goal(s): Meet my mind characters in a dream.
Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 26 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Morph: sadblauw Aw, that sucks. Do you remember the gist of what you wrote?

Sai: *to Aviv* I'd say that really depends on how 'developed' you are. From what I understand, people with dissociative identity disorder have highly compartmentalized and segmented thought patterns, usually formed as a defense mechanism by a mind that simply cannot cope with a very traumatic experience of some sort. If the human mind is capable of supporting multiple concurrent personalities as a side-effect of defending itself, I don't see why a voluntarily created character couldn't also achieve true sentience in parallel with its creator. Granted, it may be a case of comparing apples and oranges, but the mind is capable of such flexibility that I'd be surprised if there wasn't a way for us to really be ourselves instead of merely being puppets. ^_^

Morph: I'm surprised at you Sai. For all your trademark philosophizing, you forgot the easiest test of all- what do you feel? It's not useful for convincing anyone other than yourself, but the very act of being self-aware should really be all the proof you need. siiw

shatterspike1
Threadkiller
Dream Deity
LD count: Dry Spell

PostPosted: Sun 27 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Hey, I haven't posted in forever, but I found this. I think answering these questions is an interesting way of describing a character.

Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sun 27 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Morph: O_o Hey, I haven't seen you around in forever! How's Shatter doing?

Sai: Well, that was unexpected. Nice to see some old faces. Interesting little article you linked to by the way, should be helpful for new people just starting up.

TheTinyNinja
Freelance Ninja
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Mon 28 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Jet: *to Morph* I remember saying that I thought you guys' special powers sounded cool, and that I had been working on getting better with my mental powers, but it hadn't been going well at all. I have figured out how to make a really pretty light show, but really that's quite useless. Oh, and I remember saying hello to the new guys. Hi there!

Aviv: *to Sai* I had not thought about it in that manner before. The way I have been looking at it, TinyNinja is able to control our behavior or eleminate us from her mind at any moment, therefore we are not capable of voluntary action. However, there are many humans under the control of a person who is perfectly capable of eleminating them from the world at any time, but the fact does not mean they cannot make voluntary decisions. Morph also raises an interesting point. Perhaps all that matters is that we believe we are capable of independent action.

Jet: Well look at you, sitting there and philosophising. You're the last person I would have expected to have deep thoughts about anything other than how to blow things up. Oh, that reminds me, the other thing that went on in the deleted post was a good deal of arguing. But that's neither here nore there. Although, Aviv, I do really hate it when you always take TinyNinja's side on everything.

Aviv: We've been there before, Jet. I've already told you my answer to that.

KocoBassa
Wonderbread
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

Orion: I do see all of your points. Koco is capable of erasing me and Hanyuu entirely from her mind, but it is very difficult for her to do so. She's been connected to me for at least 3 years and Hanyuu for 6 months, so she is to the point in the connection where she probably couldn't disconnect.

Hanyuu: Wow, Orion-Sama, that is very philosophic for a 27 year-old that acts like a 13 year old that always plays black ops and D&D with your husband.

KocoBassa: That's true, Orion. I suppose this "Connection" I have with you two (and all of my other personas for that matter.) could be called a mental illness...However, I don't think that is so. I just don't get out much and didn't have any friends or connections to any one my age until I turned 5 and went to kindergarten. So I created "imaginary friends" that were based off my own personality and called them personas. Over the years they evolve and become part of me even more.
- Does that make me crazy?

Current LD goal(s): I'd like to have fully lucid dreams at least twice a month
Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 十&

PostPosted: Tue 01 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

*Kupo hugs Koco
Kupo: I dun think your crazy. And I wanna hug Aviv. sadblauw
*Kupo hugs Morph, Sai, Skaith, Ves, Aiden, Crysar, Mecha, (the mysterious AVE), Jet, Tiny, Hanyuu and Orion and pats Aviv's head hoping he doesn't bite and hopes she didn't miss anyone

Me: You know Kupo, you saying Koco isn't crazy probably doesn't help her. But -I- don't think you're crazy, Koco. A lot of children have imaginary friends up to the age of 8 or 9, when they begin to cognitively develop. After that if they still believe these friends are real people then it is sometimes believed they are still developing or in some cases they have post traumatic stress syndrome, or they may not be developing properly. The way I like to draw the line is that we know these characters (I can't remember the really cool name for them), exist solely within our minds, cannot physically harm us/make us harm ourselves, and we are in full control of them. -That- is how I draw the lines between sane and insane. And I know it's a very fine line, but for each person it's just a matter of finding this line.
Aviv, I agree with Morph and Orion. It is very difficult for us to erase youse from our mind simply because of the fact you feel. You protect Tiny which makes you agree with her often, but does she ask you or tell you to agree or protect her? I doubt so and I am sure that this willingness, this urge to do or be the way you are, is what makes her value you more than you realise. I'm also sure that if there were a point where you felt that you shouldn't agree with her, and you stood up to that and explained why, I'm sure she'd appreciate it very much.

*Kupo sighs and sits next to Morph and scratches Morph's head
Kupo: Morph, Eilatan can't ld. She hasn't been able to and lately she's been so busy she has no time to fully try. I dunno how I can help her, but I really want to find that guy because I feel like he's an important one, not just a dc. And I know it'd be so much easier to just summon him or so if she could ld, but she hasn't had any luck so I dunno. What do you suggest?

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
TheTinyNinja
Freelance Ninja
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Wed 02 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

*Aviv does not bite, although his mouth tightens a bit*

Jet: *elbows Aviv* Quit looking so grim. Kupo's trying to be nice. *hugs Kupo* Don't worry, Kupo, he doesn't bite. I suppose its a good thing that he looks so scary, that means he scares away all the nightmare creatures, right? (As a matter of fact, TinyNinja hasn't had a nightmare in a long time since she started keeping Aviv around. I think that means he's doing his job.)

Aviv: No, KocoBassa, I do not think you're crazy. Crazyness would be if the characters tried to control your behavior in WL and you were unable to stop them. As long as the characters are not affecting your WL against your will, you are fine. @Eilatan: You are correct in that TinyNinja does not coerce me into protecting her in dreams, it is simply an integral part of my being. I suppose that, since she originally met me in a dream, I at least was not a creation of her conscious mind. I have not had issues with TinyNinja making a decision I disagree with, but I can only hope that she would indeed listen to me if I did have reason to disagree with her. I do not anticipate that being an issue in the future, however. TinyNinja is quite intelligent. More so than some of her MCs.

Jet: *interrupts* Hey! I know exactly who you're talking about, Aviv, and I don't like it one bit. I'm not the lean mean creepy-looking machine you are, but I'm plenty intelligent. Don't call me stupid, or I'll call in TinyNinja. That would be one area where she wouldn't agree with you and wouldn't listen to you, I think. Yeah, so you protect her. But who talks to her in the middle of the night?? Hmm?? Not you, I can tell you that.

Aviv: I believe, Jet, that we both serve different but complementary functions. Me attempting to make small talk with TinyNinja would be as futile as you trying to protect her. I apologize for any remarks I have made regarding your intelligence. You are correct in implying that I would not serve as an effective conversation partner under any circumstances.

Jet: Okay, we're friends again. Well, we weren't really friends in the first place, so ally-coworker-toleraters-of-each-other again? Whatever. And I can't say I've really thought about whether we have free will or not. I feel like I have free will, and that's good enough for me. Why should I care if I really do or not, as long as it feels the same to me?

Eilatan
The Lookout Rogue.
Head Scribe
Eilatan has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 十&

Kupo: D=

*Eilatan looks at Kupo and nods.

*Kupo hands Aviv and Jet a seed each
Kupo: Me things you two should hold onto these. They might help one day when you realise what they're for. <3

Current LD goal(s): Meet my dream guide

Link to My DJ: www.ld4all.com
TheTinyNinja
Freelance Ninja
Lucid Initiate

Jet: Okay, cool. Any hints as to what they do? I suppose not, but it never hurts to ask.

Aviv: *holds seed and examines it closely, but doesn't say anything*

Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Thu 03 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

Aiden: *hugs Kupo back*

Morph: Um, not really sure how much I can help here Kupo. Mecha's in pretty much the same position as far as LDs go. I think that there's information on the forum about finding SGs that might help out, but I'm not 100% sure as Mecha's never bothered to look at it.

Skaith: Perhaps sometime you and Eilatan could try meditation and\or self hypnosis to try finding this DC in the waking world? Might be worth a shot.

TheTinyNinja
Freelance Ninja
Lucid Initiate

PostPosted: Sat 12 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

Jet: Nooo! This thread can't fall off the front page!

Aviv: Jet, it seems that no one is having anything to say. You know we don't have anything interesting to talk about.

Jet: That's only because TinyNinja's lucid dreaming skills stink. *glares*

Aviv: Jet...

Jet: I don't want to hear it, dude. I'm bored and I want to talk. Is anyone going on any fun adventures or planning to go on some? There are no adventures here whatsoever. Because like I said, TinyNinja's lucid dreaming skills stink. *glares*

Mecha
Symbiont Dreamshaper
Astral Explorer

PostPosted: Sat 12 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

grrr cry grrr cry grrr
Mecha: We had typed out a nice long post, but then Firefox went and ate it.

Morph: D'oh!

Sai: Long story short, no adventures currently planned, Skaith reminded Mecha of some plans he'd forgotten about, Morph... was Morph, Crysar spoke again, and Aiden recounted a humorous experience in the mindscape recently, involving Mecha, a pool of water, and a thermonuclear explosion. (don't ask) ^^

print