What's your fave band? Part II

Favorite song : Space Time - Delta Heavy
youtube.com/watch?v=6MrOX4qnguo

Favorite Artist : I’ll say deadmau5, he did a lot of dumb things and stole money from a lot of people, but man his music is goooooood :smile:
youtube.com/watch?v=QV8eiSA4vqc

our lyrics thread is a good topic for favourite songs plus if you search you will find a few existing music topics :moogle: (moved into fave band topic)

EDIT : Sorry, didn’t see it ! :confused:

Rob Zombie, Iron Maiden, Zero Nine, Ozzy Osbourne
almost only metal/hard rock some death/black metal bands too

I love Delta Heavy (thanks for sharing). I have listened to deadmau5 before but never found any dope songs from him besides ghosts ‘n’ stuff. I couldn’t pick favorite song of all, but I’ll share some songs of various genres:

Balcanfaria (balcan reggae :tongue: - chill): Zoster - Asta Manjana Liberta
youtube.com/watch?v=sh2qQ03Qlvs

Fidgety House: Crookers - We are all prostitutes
youtube.com/watch?v=7I9xJiVN6Do

Dance House: R.I.O - When The Sun Comes Down
youtube.com/watch?v=RICRlX1HVCA

Electro: Far Too Loud - We Want To Dance
youtube.com/watch?v=8k_OasII_34

Cold Blank - Los Angeles
youtube.com/watch?v=pO33mAWJByg

Psychedelia Electro: Les Petits Pilous - Dodo Electro
youtube.com/watch?v=n9Qgk55CAVk

Mouth ‘n’ bass ( :happy: ): Dub FX: Outro (live)
youtube.com/watch?v=vsFa18c3D6E

Reggae: Alborosie ft Sizzla - Meditation
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGc285aVyEY
(would put Bob Marley here, but I think he is over used)

Ska: Undercover S.K.A. - Third World
thebeatdoctor.webs.com/undercove … 0world.mp3
(There is no this song on youtube so I just had to upload it)

And… My Favorite Artist of all times:
Dub FX!
youtube.com/watch?v=g2MS6i3mDWw
There are many reasons. Firstly, he uses mostly his mouth and the loop machine to make music. Secondly, he sings about changing the world. And finally, because he is an oneironaut and he sings about lucid dreaming (check out the link).

@joyness Panda: Share your songs pls!

I would have to say;
Supertramp
Flogging Molly
AC/DC
Andy Mckee

For completely different bands/artist as I like a lot of different music, but for me these really are the best.

I knew there had to be a thread like this.

Pink Floyd. All the way. That of course doesn’t mean I don’t listen to Led Zeppelin, Rolling Stones, The Doors, The Beatles, Van Halen, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Queen, Mötley Crüe, Motörhead, Status Quo, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Nirvana, Santana, Deep Purple, The Animals, Christie, Buffalo Springfield, Depeche Mode, Kiss, AC/DC, Fools Garden, Frank Sinatra, John Lennon, Three Dog Night, The Who, Black Sabbath, Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Favorite is probably Smash Mouth, who, thanks to my awesome older brother, I’ve been listening to since I was 3 or 4. Other bands/artists I listen to include but are not limited to: Modest Mouse, Scatman John, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, The Piano Men, and Blink-182.

I listen to just about every genre out there, from classical, to rock, to techno, to dubstep.

One republic is good
Danger is good

This is good ^^
youtube.com/watch?v=uXkorNsh5vE

A very weird and unexpected combination of Pink Floyd, Yann Tiersen, The Polyphonic Spree and Tool :eh:

… and The Shins, and Iron & Wine, and Led Zeppelin, and the Who, and…

Dashboard Confessional! They have been my favourite band for years. :spinning:

1.gorillaz
2.the beatles
3.rolling stones
4.gorillaz
5.gorillaz
oh and did i mention gorillaz XD LOL :grin: but i love anything classic rock too. beatles ftw.

Iron Maiden and the Queen are two bands I prefer right now :smile:

Ah it’s been a long time since I’ve posted in this topic and my taste has changed a bit.
I generally listen to more metal nowadays and rock, occasionally some techno/trance. (The latter can be blamed on Kitty in chat :tongue:)

Top Bands:
-Tarot (By a big lead)
-Disturbed
-Type O Negative
-Metallica
-Iron Maiden

(Of the not so heavy stuff: )
-Nightwish
-Delain
-Leaves’ Eyes

(Honorable mention: )
-The Real McKenzies (Because Irish rock is just awesome)

I’m half tempted to put Slipknot on the list, but honestly it’s only a few select song that I REALLY like.

Sláinte to that! [size=59](even though The Real McKenzies are actually Scottish influenced Canadian… but I won’t nitpick on that one… :content:… an irishman would however…[/size]
Celtic rock is brilliant! Three cheers for The Real McKenzies, The Tossers and The Young Dubliners. Huzzah to The Pogues and The Dropkick Murphys… and although one could argue that they are not technically Celtic rock… the biggest Hurray of them all to Flogging Molly! :hurray:

Yeah sorry about that, I’m just exited that I’m not the only celtic rock lover here :content:

Yeah, sorry, I actually meant to write Celtic, not Irish. :tongue: It’s all similar enough to be lumped into a big category of “GOOD” in my opinion.

Agreed… defenitely agreed :content:

Hmm.

Tool, System of a Down, The Doors, The Beatles, and Tech N9ne probably top that list. Really tough to choose favorite artists though. There are at least 20 or more that I could list that I deeply enjoy listening to.

Well, the six I list are all favorites, with no single one above the other

Smash Mouth | Gorillaz | Daft Punk | Modest Mouse | Lemon Demon | OkGo

Hmmm, I like a lot of bands previously mentioned in this thread, but the three I always come back to are: OK Go, Gorillaz, and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Nice to see all the Gorillaz fans here!

Our Lady Peace is definitely my favorite. Runners-up would have to be Rise Against, Demon Hunter, Green Day (pre-American Idiot), Black Sabbath, and Iron Maiden.

I don’t like permanent declarations, my tastes shift with time.
The bands that I am most enjoying / listening to at the moment, in no particular order are:
Rhapsody of Fire
E Nomine
Die Apokalyptischen Reiter
Subway to Sally (Thanks BaYoNeTTe!)
Rammstein
Avenged Sevenfold
Equilibrium
Nobuo Uematsu (ok, not a group, basically the music from Final Fantasy for those unfamiliar)
Dragonforce
There are a few others I have not listened to so much now for a while, but still like. Yay heavy metal! :grin: