WILD Advantages?

Hi all, I’ve been into lucid dreaming for a while now and been successfully lucid in a dream for a few times - and all this without a DJ but with few RCs (I don’t know why but it’s pretty hard for me to have a DJ and do RC all the time).
So what I’m trying to say is - the “normal” way to have a LD is pretty hard and needs time and practice.

I personally think WILD is easier to enter a dream but it i think it’s a bit scary - because of the sleep paralysis. I’ve already had a few times that I entered sleep paralysis (one time after a dream and one time when I didn’t slept for very long and when I went to sleep I had a sleep paralysis). Although the experiences were not that scary at all for me - I only had vibrations and heard sounds but no hallucinations and evil presence at all.
Although I’m still a bit scary I would try WILD. So I wanted to ask you the experienced guys if it’s easier.

So I have few questions - can you do WILD every night and enter a dream and be aware of?
Are there any other advantages?
Is sleep paralysis the only disadvantage?
Is it possible to “screw” your mind and not be able to fall asleep normally anymore and have every night a sleep paralysis?
How is WILD different than astral projection? I don’t know a lot about astral projection but from what I know the method to do it is pretty similar… In WILD do you see your physical body?

Moved from General Lucidness :dragon:

Hy encrypt.

About:

I see DJ as my very good friend on the path to lucidity, some people say that DJ doesn’t help them, I guess they try to keep it and that was the way they found out, but if you don’t keep DJ you can’t know if is helping you or not! So my advice is to have a DJ, just for some amount of time, to see if is helping or not.

And about:

It’s only hard as much as you think it’s hard, it may sound like a mind trick, but all lucid dreams are mind tricks, right? It’s very important to have confidence in your self and your success…

And about WILD technique, I don’t know what to say, I never WILD, so…
SP - consciously I experienced it once, and for me was awesome feeling, and I was once dreaming about having a SP, so I can’t really help you with that…

But try to stay focus on you goal, and try to think that having LD is not hard at all… That will help you on your way to lucidity…

Peace!

Hi there. First off, WILD is nothing to be afraid of. Even if you do go into SP, it’s all a part of the dream just like anything else. Nothing can actually harm you, and there are easy ways to get out of that, but I digress. I’m going to try to answer your questions to the best of my ability.

A few starting points. There is no “normal” way to LD. Anything you see like WILD, MILD, VILD, CALD and so on are just techniques. All of them do the same thing; make you realize you are dreaming. WILD is nice since you actively create the dream, but it also can be a little more difficult to master for some. I think I’ll just answer your questions line by line, that should clear up some details.

Can you do WILD every night and enter a dream and be aware of?
Theoretically, yes. It’s a matter of getting WILD to work for you, so it may take some time before you get it right. In the end it boils down to you, what technique you are using and how you have adapted it to fit your needs.

Are there any other advantages?
Any self-induced dream tends to start out very unstable. Be prepared to anchor your dreams almost every time you WILD. Also, be ready for a lot of dreams that only last a few seconds before you wake up. It takes practice to get stabalization right.

Is sleep paralysis the only disadvantage?
SP is not a disadvantage. In fact, if you get to it your chances of inducing a dream go way up. A lot of people fear it due to noises or HH, but it’s all a part of your mind. Consider SP the beginning of a dream, and from there you control everything with your mind rather than body.

Is it possible to “screw” your mind and not be able to fall asleep normally anymore and have every night a sleep paralysis?
Nope. You may get into the habit of trying to WILD, but you can easily break that. This is an active technique, you are actually doing something. If you’re a marathon runner, can you “screw” your mind into only being able to run instead of walk?

As for SP, you go into every night, you just don’t know it. It’s unlikely you would be conscious during SP unless you are actively trying to stay awake.

How is WILD different than astral projection? I don’t know a lot about astral projection but from what I know the method to do it is pretty similar… In WILD do you see your physical body?
I’m afraid I won’t be much help here. I personally believe AP and out-of-body experiences are simply vivid lucid dreams where you dream that you see your physical body.

One last note, if you do want to be successful I would suggest you try to WILD 5-6 hours after first going to sleep. It will be much easier to induce a dream and you’re less likely to encounter SP if that’s something you want to avoid. Mind you, there is a greater risk of just falling asleep, but I think it is overall easier.

Normal way is hard? No. It just isn’t. The only way it becomes hard is if you start thinking it is. A huge portion of how successful you are with lucid dreaming comes down to your confidence. If you know lucid dreaming is easy, it will come easy. If you think its tough, you’re going to create a natural barrier that you’ll have to overcome.

Does it take practice though? Yes. While there are rare naturals that just have consistent LD’s most of us don’t fall into that category. A technique like WILD has a learning curve. You have to learn how to keep a quite mind, not wanting HI and SP to come to fast, you have to learn to keep emotions even, and you have to learn things like how to let the dream envelope you once it begins to form. You probably won’t succeed at all of these the first time, but the more you do it the better you get.

WILD is neither easier, nor harder. It varies from person to person. As a very general rule I recommend WILD to people who fall asleep fast (quick time to enter into a dream) and MILD for those that take longer to fall asleep (more time to affirm your intentions). With regards to SP, its important to keep in mind that SP is totally harmless and is a natural and inherent part of falling asleep. Once you understand that there is nothing scary or intimidating at all about SP. Just relax and enjoy experiencing the craziness your brain conjures up as sensory input is slowly cut off and you fall asleep. SP also means you’re getting quite close to being fully asleep and able to enter a dream.

Yes, when I am wanting to have LD’s I use WILD several times throughout the night. There is no limit to how many times you can do it, though WILD is next to impossible to do as you first go to sleep because in the normal sleep cycle you first pass through the deep stages of sleep, and those are next to impossible to retain consciousness in.

What I like about WILD is because I am staying “awake” mentally as I go to sleep it tends to result in LD’s that start off immediately at very high levels of lucidity. When I use MILD me initial starting degree of lucidity varies dramatically.

SP is not a disadvantage. If anything it is a positive sign that indicates your closing on a successful WILD.

SP happens each time you enter REM sleep. In these instances it is called REM atonia. REM atonia is basically the self paralysis your body does each time to enters REM to prevent oneself from acting out the dream (when you dream your body tries to send the never impulses to your body to perform the dreamed actions). SP is just the name for REM atonia when experienced consciously

This answer is going to vary WILDly (see what I did there :tongue: ) from person to person depending on whether or not they believe in Astral Projection. Every test I have done to perhaps indicate some validity of AP has failed, so I don’t really buy into AP projection myself.

At its core, the technique for AP is essentially a WILD variant. However instead of passively observing HI and waiting for a dream to form and draw you in, AP/WILD involves waiting for your body to reach full SP and then essentially getting up out of your body with your dream/astral one. Depending on your views you are either in a dream, or you are in the astral plane.

I jut realized I misread one of your questions as “any other disadvantages” instead of advantages. See Lucidity Master’s answer :tongue:

Wow, thanks a lot for the replies guys! You really made a lot of things clear to me.
I think i’m gonna try WILD very soon. I am able to fall asleep very fast and this should help me.

One more question that came in my mind - if I master WILD very good will I be able to keep my mind the whole night “awake”. And if yes will my body rest good or will I feel tired in the morning?

Also do you guys think it will be better try WILD during the day or early in the morning when it’s not dark (maybe it would be better if i freak out and wake up to be a day :razz:).

You’ll still get plenty of rest whether you are lucid dreaming or not. You gotta remember, if you’re awake you’re not dreaming. The thing about WILD is you stay aware, not awake.

And WILD is best done after you have slept for a while, like 5-6 hours after you first go to bed or during a nap later in the day. In the morning after you first wake up seems to be best, though.

Alright, everything is clear now. Thank you!
I will try WILD this weekend. I think I will go to bed like normal at 1 o’clock in the night, set my alarm at 8 o’clock in the morning and try to WILD then. :smile:

Why be afraid of something that happens every night to everyone?

The most you don’t think about bad things, or bad thoughts about SP or techinques more you go trough them. You will not even notice it.

I have unintentionally WILD’ed a few times on weekend mornings after waking up then falling back to sleep. From what I have read it is really hard to WILD while going to bed in the evening so I suggest you don’t try that. Either combine it with WBTB, or do like me and fall back to sleep on weekend mornings.

You can also use DEILD (Dream Exit Induced Lucid Dream) or Chaining which is simply entering an LD after exiting a dream, usually within seconds. It is just like WILD but you do it right after exiting a dream, preferably without moving.

Thanks for the tips guys.
I tried today, woke up after 6 hours of sleep and tried WILD for about half an hour but it didn’t work very good. I think I was not tired enough, also my body was not relaxed… I could only feel my hands getting paralyzed and not my whole body. And so I gave up but I kept telling myself “I’m dreaming” while I was falling asleep. This kinda worked… I had a long and vivid dream but I did not realize I was dreaming at first… Maybe after 1 hour dream time I somehow realized that I’m dreaming without even doing a RC… I just knew it somehow and everything became even more vivid and with great details :woo: … Sadly I couldn’t stay lucid, maybe because I was too exited. Short after realizing the dream fade out and everything became dark for 5-10seconds and then I woke up.
I won’t give up… Will try this morning again!

Hey that’s actually a really good sign. Sometimes WILD leads to an accidental DILD or RCILD. And hey, lucid is lucid so be happy :content:

Feeling paralized is a great tip SP is coming. I always feels it starting on my foots, then my hands… when I feel my lips paralyzed I immediately open my eyes and get out of the bed!

When I don’t feel it and just wait for the first second of “pure calm” and then I get up.
It always works, at least for me.

Wild is, for me, the easy way to get LD’s

Last night I had my first successful WILD attempt!! The last few weeks I tried 3-4 times and last night I woke up about 3 o’clock in the morning and tried to WILD.
I have some questions because I’m not sure if it was really successful… it was kinda strange!
I always tried with counting but it did never work, so last night I just kept telling my self … you are dreaming… you are dreaming… and I really felt the moment in which I was falling asleep… but there was no SP or HI at all. I was like falling asleep and suddenly… BOOM - I was in a dream! And I was in my own room but it looked kinda differently. Although I think this is a very good sign, because I never had dreams which started in my own room… it was always random.
But as soon as I entered the dream everything was very clear and I did the RC with my nose… I could breath… it was an awesome feeling like always and I tried to stay calm. It worked this time and I didn’t wake up. Then I said to my self… “Cool, what should I do know?” and I tried to float in the air… it worked and it felt awesome. So then I tried to float through the wall but it did not work… everything became dark and somehow I went back in my room. Then I tried to walk and did the nose RC again… and I could breath again… BUT! somehow in my mind I didn’t realize that it’s true. I even did another RC - tried to start up the light in my room and it did’t work… but again I was feeling like this is normal. And I think that at this point I didn’t have control anymore. After that I can’t remember any dreams in my own room… but I remember other dream. Most probably after I thought everything is normal I started to dream normal and not being aware.
Do you agree with me? And is it normal not to have SP and HI at all? I even did not feel my whole body pluralized (only my hands).
And the thing with the wall - I read somewhere that it is not good to sink in your bed… so maybe I did exactly this and everything became black.
Any tricks you can give me? :smile: Thank you guys… I’m really exited now and I hope to have another longer trips. :smile:

Personally I never experience that either. Last night I went from waking to LD about 8-10 times in a row by chaining lucid dreams each time I woke up. None of times I experienced any SP or HI. I just lay still and when I sudden rolled on the ground or felt like I was floating I knew I was lucid again.