LD4all Quest #1: Self-Existing Moon: Through the Mirror

I completed this task, but the results were not too exciting :eh:

I will try this task again to see if the same thing happens.

I did this independently some time ago, never thought to bring anything back. For some reason I decided to try too climb through a tiny little mirror at shoulder height (dont know why I didnt make a large one :smile: ) The other side was quite interesting. I found my self inside a completely dark perfectly round sphere with about a 20ft radius. Had some fun running up the walls like a half-pipe and woke up.

btw. this is my first post so if anyone happins to come across this rather old thread Hi!

I am going through the mirror if I want go to LC :smile: I was also in mirror world but I hate world at the other side of mirror … Because there was very big black hole which tried to “eat” me … I woke up and I was shocked :smile: But it was few months ago

can people still do this and be granted wings?

I’ve decided I’m gonna start from square one.
Hello? Anyone here? Man, I hear an echo :tongue:
This topic is deserted…
Oh well, I’m gonna bring back somting that’ll make my lucid friends jealous :shy:
Ready…Set…GO!! :ok:

hey fringe, good luck with that :happy:

Remember, to earn wings, you should complete the current Quest. (so maybe you would like to start on the last sQuare and work your way back :grin: )

Okay! Thanks, I’ll do that since I can’t seem to find a mirror :eh:

Yay I finally did it! Even if I didn’t take anything back from the place I got into :tongue:

[spoiler]
A little exploration - 7:00 - 8:00 left-side
The dream memory is quite fuzzy in its beginnings, I won’t remember that part clearly in the dream itself. I am helping my bro clear out some levels of a game, that involves various rooms to clear. I remember having done several already, which I breeze through because I did them all already. In particular, I remember of a nice little room with a ghost that kept me entertained while my bro finished the job.
We’re now going to the next one. We are in the stairways of an old apartment, a portal is open in front of us. A rack of ivy and red roses stands on my right. There is no roof, and I see a red, cloudy sky in the distance. We enter the level, and I immediately recognize the apartment we got in. Nice cream-coloured walls, some little pieces of furniture, and a giant abacus-like statue, with pieces in shape of a Asteroid ship, of many colours, that are supposed to be rotated in order to solve the puzzle. I want to meet the ghost again, so I enter his room, to find this time he’s missing, and that makes me instantly lucid. I try, but can’t remember what happened in the dream before entering this level. I explore the room a bit, thinking it is really L, my bro, who is keeping the dream intact (if you remember,I dreamt of this idea a while ago), and it works! :yay: The dream is almost stable, a little touch here and there stabilizes it completely. I also enjoy touching all kind of things, from the simple roughness of the walls, to plushes, to furniture. I walk outside the room, feeling the plaster with my fingers, and I end up in a new room, and exposition one, where a piece is a wooden piano, with only 20 keys or so. I try to play a piece, but only the C key plays, and with delay. (rusted piano skills much? :tongue:) I go about and feel the pointy spikes of some strange statue, made of just vertical, pointy wires. There are 7 or so of these in the room. I get back in the corridor, thinking of summoning my SC for some reason. I see myself on the other side of the hall, but it’s just several mirrors. I have a different sweater each time I look into a different mirror. I ask him to show up, but I only end up seeing another myself, this time with the colours of the jeans and the green sweater, only switched. I wonder what that means, it seems important. L goes by, and I’d join him, but I want to find out, so I approach the mirror and resolve to discover the meaning as I dip into…
A dim darkness comes, and I float in the Void. A scene appears after a while, I’m looking at a screen interface; a sideshow describes how the message in music gets conveyed only by words (I know, but tell that to my SC :tongue:), and some graphs and pies appear, as well as some vague scenes of Shibuya-like (from The World ends with You) streets. Then, in the back seat of a car, inside a black void; an ordinary, blue car, with a screen in front, where the driver reads an English phrase that uses a Latin word in order to get a joke across. It has to do with rhyming, and in the following scene, he would wake up with plenty of rhyming English words in his head that he would write down. I only remember plenty of O’s in that text. Then, a giant cave scape, dark yet visible, with a plank alongside a slope where I am, and in front of me (I’m going DO in the process), a giant, conic, dark-red construction, looks like the wall of a floating castle. I fear I won’t be able to render a thing that big, and
I awake in my room, same as always, L and my mother are in there, we have a little chat, and watch an ad of slow and fast flowing olive oil. They are springing from a giant square hole in the factory, and they’re actually the pomace remains, but I don’t tell them. The scene develops into a waterfall, where the pomace is being thrown in the middle of the fall, and there is a buttload of squirrels descending the stream to drink from the enriched water. Even more are on the end of the fall.
The alarm wakes me up.[/spoiler]

EDIT: A little better attempt at the Quest :tongue: here

I know this quest is “closed”, but it is still on my list, so I wonder if this warrants completion:

At some point I enter a room, a bathroom. I do not feel a need to use the toilet, but I feel a strong need to enter and be in the bathroom. I close and lock the three doors. Hmm, wow, there is actually privacy—highly unusual.
I feel … something…A feeling inside me grows… I simply stand in the room. I observe my surroundings: I am still remarking how this bathroom offers privacy, which I for whatever reason find strange; several large mirrors have appeared, I see myself. I somehow try to mentally locate the certain—yet unknown— feeling within me and I aggressively (actively) extract it and identify it. Gradually over (short) time I feel I am more and more successful at this.
There!.. I am dreaming! That is the feeling.
I now pay even more attention to the reflections of myself in the mirrors. As I can remember, I look very much like IWL. I wear jeans, and am bare on the top. Something changes; it seems like the angle of a reflection (of a mirror) slightly changes some times. I step closer to a mirror and gaze at myself, I gaze at the mirror. I step through the mirror.
I am in a room. It feels like a room of mine, though I do not recognize the desk there in front of me, nor the room.
((There is more, but at no point do I return through whence I came))

As you can see, I did not do #4, which is not marked optional; so, is it completed without?

Congratulations! Yes, you have done this Quest now :smile: but you , the dreamer, always has the last word in deciding if you are satisfied with the result :smile:

Yes, that was my understanding (that I have “the final say”), but I was simply curious since I did not do that one point in the quest description, which could seem compulsory.

Hmm, I will mark it complete; however, I will also try to keep in mind that if I get to pass through a mirror in the future, I want to turn around and see what is behind me: did I come out of the wall? a window? a picture (as I have “exited” from before, but then I went through a window) ? a mirror?

OK done!! I went though a mirror. the inside was… well… weird. I remember a snake selling some cotton candy, a pot of money, and a sword in a jungle. I brought back the sword and everyone gave me a racoon?? ummm

Congrats! Make sure you post in the current Quest topic to get your wings!

I can’t because I have an odd fear of mirrors and that might activate a LN

Facing it in a lucid dream can actually help with overcoming nightmares. I have had recurring lucid nightmares about storms and tall waves for many years, but have recently started to stand up and defy the fear in my lucid dreams. I just refuse to let this ruin any more good LDs, and I haven’t felt any fear since, even if the waves still appear when I look at the sea.

I did this one on the second attempt, it was pretty interesting. I was in the middle of a dream with people attacking me. I seem to be able to maintain enough lucidity even in my non-lucids to deal with nightmares because I was flying about and having fun with it.

So anyways I was following the plot of the dream with low lucidity when I tried to fly of a rail it didn’t work and I hit the ground. I fell about 30 feet and felt the impact of my hands but no pain.

At this point I remembered my idea of the mirror. So I expected one to be to my left and it was. I was especially interested in observing my reflection in the mirror. It was the same as I normally am. Then I pressed my fingers into the glass it didn’t give at first but then they went through like it was jello.

It was quite dark back there but I didn’t find anything and it was slow moving because it still had that jello like consistency.

Well done xxPhoebusxx :thumbs:

[right]edit 16 Dec. Oh post 16000!!![/right]

in a recent dream i became lucid near a mirror and remembered this quest.

so i went through the mirror and there were many copies of me in there, all mirroring my movements or each other. i spent some time moving and observing. it was a bit strange!

Congrats, Obliverum!

It’s always cool to hear of people competing this Quest!

I also like how your mirror images behaved the way mirror images do. :wink:

haha yeah, i was like, oh that makes a little TOO much sense for a dream :tongue:

i read in Lucid Dreaming by Robert Waggoner about going through a mirror in lucid dreams as a technique invented by Qu, and ld4all is cited! how cool to be part of lucid dreaming history :content: