EN | NL | FR
Current Wings Quest 128
The Signal

How tasty is tasty food in a Lucid Dream??

Author  Message 
areYOUdreaming

How tasty is tasty food in a Lucid Dream??
PostPosted: Tue 26 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

So . . .
I'm Vegan and have had no meat or dairy for 3 years! For these 3 years, I've been craving a hot, tasty egg sausage & cheese croissant!! So then I got to thinking, why not indulge in your Lucid Dream?!? I haven't had a Lucid Dream for a while but next time I do, I am going to try to have one of these! But my question is, how good will it really taste, if it'll have any taste at all !! A horrifying thought sadyes
( BTW, I've had a eggsausage & cheese croissant before, so I remember what they taste like, if that matters any!)

<mod>Moved from General Lucidness dragon</mod>

Wyrmfell
For Now, I Am
Astral Explorer
LD count: >100

PostPosted: Wed 27 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

Taste, like any other sense, varies in detail based on the dream. Just as some dreams have dull, colorless imagery, I've had some dreams where everything I've eaten tastes like styrofoam. On the other hand, tastes can be incredibly vivid depeding on the dream itself and the skill level of the dreamer.

The best food I ever had in a dream was a simple marshmellow, because I focused on the marshmallow and what it would taste like before I took a bite. I recommend you do the same. Try to recall every detail of the egg sausage and cheese croissant. The smell, the texture, everything. When you take a bite, expect it to taste just as good as you imagined it would and better.

tosxyChor
Dream Winged Zen Pony
cookie lover
tosxyChor has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: d(LD)/dt>0

PostPosted: Wed 27 Oct, 2010  Reply with quote

Welcome, areYOUdreaming! bye

Like Wyrfell said, the more intent you place on eating a certain thing, the more detailed the sensory will be. Also, of course having eaten something before makes a big difference, since if you never did, and took a bite out of something, as good as it may taste, how would you know if it's like the real thing? (there's a similar scene in the Matrix about chicken)

Current LD goal(s): Healing
xxmoriahxx
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: ?

PostPosted: Mon 01 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Lucid food is amazing. Trust me. Last night I had a dream thanksgiving dinner. Mmmm... so good! And not only can you eat as much as you want, you can't gain weight from it!

The more you crave something, the more realistic it will be. So I can almost gaurentee that egg sausage and cheese croisant will tast awesome!

Just out of curiosity, what's it like being a vegan? What can you eat? Gosh, I don't think I could survive without meat or dairy. You've got some serious willpower!!!

Current LD goal(s): to fly!
Wyvern
Do a Rawr-C!
cookie lover
Wyvern has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: Nightly

PostPosted: Thu 04 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

One of my favorite things to do in dreams is eat! The taste of food varies from person to person. Personally, it always tastes great for me. And you don't have to just limit yourself to just the foods you know. The dream world can offer up endless possibilities.

Actually last night I had a burger, some fries, and a Coke. Tasted exactly like WL. turn3

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Thu 04 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

In my case food tends to taste better in my dreams. A few weeks ago I shared a brownie with a DC. Deliscious!

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Huse
Somniologist
Somniologist
LD count: Many

PostPosted: Sun 07 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

I remember eating all the time, dont remember the taste but i do remember that it was juicy!! Burger btw :D

WritersCube
OneiroTron 24.7
cookie lover

PostPosted: Sun 07 Nov, 2010  Reply with quote

Food in dreams can taste just as delicious as food in your waking life :D I always treat myself to chamomile tea and grilled cheese sandwiches ^^

Current LD goal(s): Extended LD of 4-Months Dream Time... when I'm crazy enough to try it LOL
snowleopard
just a person
Somniologist
LD count: 7

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

xxmoriahxx wrote:
Lucid food is amazing. Trust me. Last night I had a dream thanksgiving dinner. Mmmm... so good! And not only can you eat as much as you want, you can't gain weight from it!

The more you crave something, the more realistic it will be. So I can almost gaurentee that egg sausage and cheese croisant will tast awesome!

Just out of curiosity, what's it like being a vegan? What can you eat? Gosh, I don't think I could survive without meat or dairy. You've got some serious willpower!!!
LOL i died laughing from ur comment XD couldn't live withought meat either my friend! lachgroen

Current LD goal(s): more LD's and control
WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

PostPosted: Mon 14 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

I generally find dreamfood more tasty than "real" food smile Once I woke up right after eating some kind of chocolate and I could still feel the taste in my mouth when I had awoken!

Blenderman
Master Piemaker
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Wed 16 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

Hmmm... I'm not a skilled LDer whatsoever but it strikes my mind:
If you are a very skilled LDer wouldn't you be able to make anything taste like anything else? Like a marshmallow tasting like sausage rolls? Or a lolipop with skeaktaste?

Click here to see the hidden message (It might contain spoilers)

Lao schin
Dream yogi
Novice dreamer
LD count: ~ 99

PostPosted: Wed 16 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

I already have tasted chocolate cakes and fruit juices, and it tasted exactly like real ones! smile

I also experienced (for a common LDers experiment) the taste of a pull over (whool) and wallpaper: it tastes nothing.

I think another interesting question is: do you eat in LD what you are used to eat IRL?

If yes, it would be interesting too, to taste unknown dishes in LD. This was also an experiment on some french LD forums! smile We are quite fond of food around there, you know grin

We also used had an LDer cooker

PostPosted: Thu 17 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

Current LD goal(s): Triggering lucidity often and being able to maintain it

Last edited by wanttodelete19 on Sun 09 Jun, 2019; edited 1 time in total
WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Blenderman wrote:
Hmmm... I'm not a skilled LDer whatsoever but it strikes my mind:
If you are a very skilled LDer wouldn't you be able to make anything taste like anything else? Like a marshmallow tasting like sausage rolls? Or a lolipop with skeaktaste?

You taste what you believe you will taste. If you eat cheese in your dreams, you believe it will taste like cheese and therefore it does. Imagining that a lolipop tastes like a steak is inefficient since your brain believe it will taste like lolipop but you are telling it that it tastes like steak. Eating steak directly would be the easiest way to taste steak since your brain believes it tastes like steak. The taste probably varies if you imagine a lolipop tasting like a steak, but it's certainly possible.

tiantian
lucidly dreamerous
Lucid Initiate

Hmm, till now, each time i eat something. Like a cake or something, it's flavourless.
It's like I eat emptiness if you know what i mean. And then, after that, i usually wake up.

Current LD goal(s): talk to DC

print