LD4all Quest 65: April: Talk to your Pet!

I like this one, because it sounds doable. Most of my lucid dreams start at home, so my pet (and old pets) are usually around. Even last week I was in a LD and found my old bird sitting on the couch and it looked and felt amazingly real when I was petting it for the first time in 4 years. Next time I’ll try to make them speak, which shouldn’t be too hard considering it are parrots. :tongue:

Shiva was in my dreams as a very active grey cat before I met her. It will be interesting if we can actually talk to each other in a dream.

Darn it’s actually harder than expected. I had an amazing chain of about 10 LD’s last night that lasted at least 30 minutes. :woo: On the first attempt I went down in my own house and got my bird out of his cage, but he didn’t want to speak a single word (he didn’t even make a sound). On the second attempt I went down in my parental home and there were two strange birds that I didn’t recognize. A tried to get them to speak, but all they were only interested in was biting me, lol.

Ill try to talk with my cats :razz:

I actually spoke with my WL dog in a dream a month or so ago…but it’s been ages since I’ve spoken with or even seen my dragon, so I’ll aim for that.

Awesome idea, I will definitely try that, I had a dog like 6 years ago, and never thought to use LD to see him again… It’s going to be a little trip down memory lane :grin: !

Ok, last night I didn’t have a LD, I didn’t seen my dog and I didn’t talk to him, BUT :smile: I had ND where I had a dog and that dog played a big roll in this dream, and I talked to him just in the way I imagine I would once I see my dog in LD - telepathically :grin: !

So I would say that last night wasn’t so bad at all, even though very great experience… [never talked to an animal :content: ]

Ooh. Does Bombax count? XD
Joke.

I’ll talk to my cats. Maybe they’ll have a larger vocabulary than what I’ve taught them in WL. :tongue:
/me taught his cat to say “Hello”

:lol: MIne learnt how to meow so it sounded like milk. :content: They only use this meow when they want milk :happy:

Tell me if I’m wrong but I sense an unfair advantage so people with a pet parrot… :hmmm:

Unless it’s an ex-parrot of course…

Nah, tried it twice so far, those darn parrots won’t even talk in a lucid dream…they don’t talk in WL either though :wink:

My dog was afraid of me and wouldn’t talk :sad:

I will try tonight if I have an LD :content:

If I see my cat in a dream, it ususally jumps around like crazy while shifting twisting its shape. Not something thats easy to talk to but I’ll try. My cat has made me lucid many times :smile:

this is a great idea :happy:

when I was younger, I had this recurring dream that I won’t explain, but my dog’s mutilated body is next to me while I’m playing with my toys (I’m probably 7 in the dream) and I have no clue why, so it would be interesting to ask him what happened, and who did it.

I’ll try this one next time I go lucid :content:

Ok, I think I finally made it!!

After a few nights dreaming of all kinds of things and animals to, various scenarios and many unsuccessful attempts I finally made it! And I have to say that I was pretty amazed how many things I dreamed from my past, because to dream my dog I had to go in past, and it was really hard focusing just on my dog from all that past…

So here’s the dream:

All started with me in a garage looking at old grandpa’s motorbike… I spend some more time looking at it, because something was wrong about it, it looked kinda newer, in better shape [the motorbike is from 1969 so it’s pretty old :content: , and it’s still in the same exact spot in the garage as it was 10 years ago…] and just as I started to think that something is wrong I heard this familiar sound, a sound that I heard many times when I was in garage… I turned and there were big garage doors but still made of wood covered with nylon [that was just a temporarily solution, when we were waiting for real doors :smile: ], and the sound that I was talking about was made by that nylon when was the wind strong it would just make that strange noise. Then I was looking at that doors for some time, then I look at motorbike again, just to be sure and then the most important thing happened, I heard barking, and It was so familiar, so I ran out from the garage trough those wooden doors covered with nylon and on the right I saw my dog!!! :woo: :grin:

I was amazed, full of emotions, and I was like no fu*** way!! Then I looked at my hands, because I had a strong feeling that this was a dream, but nothing, hands looked just normal, it was very vivid, but then I lowered them down, out of my sight and then looked at them again, and there it was, classical hand RC that I usually see in my dreams [on the left hand on the ring finger or fourth finger I usually have this branching of fingers, in another words another 2 fingers grew from fourth finger, a little bit creepy :eek: ], but to be sure I pinched my nose and I could breath easily, and I was positive that I was in a dream! Then I finally approach to my dog [I never mentioned, his name was Rex :smile: , and he was Labrador Retriever] I hugged him, pet him and just looked at him for some time, I just couldn’t believe with my eyes, it was so real…

Then I remembered the quest from LD4all, I knew that I should ask him something but I didn’t know where to start, what to ask, or how to ask. Then I remember that I had a dream where I was talking telepathically to a dog, so I tried here the same thing. And it worked, Rex told me the first thing he want to do now is a long long walk, but to be exact he didn’t told me, he showed me, it was like another dream, I saw him and me in third person view, just walking down the street, and then I was again with him, so my conclusion was that he wants to go for a walk… And that was the first thing we done, so when we came back I gave him some water because he was so thirsty…

After that I just sit down right next to him, and I asked him what was his best day. Then again, something like a new dream in third person, I saw Rex, my parents, brother, me and an older man with his dog. Then I’m back in my backyard with Rex, we were playing a little bit and then I woke up.
After waking up it took me some time till I realize what he was trying to say me, then I remembered that this was a day when he saw for first time his mother after their separation, I remember him then, he was so happy, I could tell that he was amazed…

So I believe that I completed LD4all quest 65 :grin: ! But I would like to re dream this dream, because I would like to ask him so many other questions and definitely I would like to take that 1969 motorbike and try it on the street!

Peace!

Congrats dB_FTS :smile: and it sounds like a wonderful dream. I was smiling as I read it.

Thank you moogle, indeed it was a wonderful dream!

[center]

Congratulations

dB_FTS

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

:boogie: :boogie:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time! :smile:
[/center]

This Quest is now officially over. You are of course free to still do this Quest at your leisure, and post in this topic about your results, but you can’t earn wings anymore by completing it.

Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest! :smile: (stay tuned!)

Thank you Q, they look really nice!

And congrats on your 10000 post! :woo: