LC #29: Congratulations, Rhewin!

I said I don’t know yet if I want to sign up. :tongue: And that gives you no excuse for ignoring Opolious!

:truit:

Sign-ups TM: Siiw :cool:

1. Wyvern [no lucid points] [have 100 lucid dreams in a month]
  2. Fate [distort the dream time] [1-2 min]
  3. Dragonmind [GILD, LD, learn to fight, extend time] [2:30]
  4. GHOSTIE11 [Revisit Ceeia] (25-300 seconds)
  5. Puce [Meet dream guide, experiment with teleportation, solve some issues] (5-10 mins.)
  6. Opolious [Fly, meet dream guide] (5 min)
  7. Rhewin [Pilot the TARDIS and get somewhere] (4-7 min)
  8. BeRightBack [Extend LD with dream clock;Have an OBE;Create and enter new dream] (2-5 min)
  9. Kenty [Find & ride a Pegasus] (15-120 seconds)
  10. Mars [Find personal LD-castle] (5-10 min)

I edited my post but it looks like it wasn’t noticed anymore :tongue:
My average LD time is about 1-2 minutes, 3 being the max.

aww sorry Opo! :sad:
my apologies.I didn’t mean mean to ignore you. It was an accitent. :tongue:

accepts the truiting

déjà vu… :alien:

First task: Paint the world

In a dream, everything can be changed. Everything can be painted, moved, or altered in any other way simply using your hands and your mind. Are you tired of the sun being yellow? Paint it green. Paint a tree red, and maybe it will taste like strawberries. Or why not paint the sky so it will rain kittens or cookies? Draw something in the air, and it might come to life.

The first time you change a basic property of something, you get 40 points.
Change it again, or change a different object, and you get 10 points each.

If you create something by scratch by drawing or painting it, you get 20 points.
Using something different than paint, or inventing a new tool on the spot gives 10 additional points.
If the change you make affects your dream environment, you get 20 points. This bonus can be earned only once pr.dream. For example, if the daylight changes colour after you paint the sun, you get the bonus.

This task will run until 20.april, 8 pm GMT. I will still accept signups while the first task is up, after that it is too late.

So I guess this is the official start of this LC then?

And we now have three objectives which might earn us points: This paint task, then the monthly quest of talking to an animal, and our personal objective, right?

Cheers :happy:

PS: I think it is a nice first task, because I still consider me being at the beginning, and changing the color of the dream environment is also a basic task.

Yes, you are right. You will only be awarded points once for completing the monthly quest or personal goal though, while you can always improve your score for the tasks.

Good luck and have fun! :cool_laugh:

Thanks for the quick reply and the wishes. I think I will write all those tasks on one big piece of paper now so that I might remember them in an LD I hopefully will have again soon :cool:

Sign-ups TM: Siiw

5. Puce [Meet dream guide, experiment with teleportation, solve some issues] (5-10 mins.)
  8. BeRightBack [Extend LD with dream clock;Have an OBE;Create and enter new dream] (2-5 min)
  11. Nuevefactorial [Find out RL lottery numbers] (6-9 min)

I’m gonna try this, even though, I have been really busy lately and I haven’t even had enough sleep. Let’s see what I can do…

Interesting task, I have always wanted to paint the world to different colors :razz:

And happy lucids to everyone :cool:

Hmmm… green TARDIS… Rhewin wants

I had one short WILD here. Nothing done in it, kind of a disappointment.

12. StarryGwee [Actually meet my SG] (5-10 min)

Sorry a bit late, heh. I like these challenges, they actually help increase my LDs. I’ll see what I could do with school and all. :sad:
Goodluck to everyone! :content:

Welcome on board Starry :cool:

No luck for me yet but a lot of missed DS :tongue:

12. StarryGwee [Actually meet my SG] (5-10 min)
  13. Thorn [swim underwater] (5-7 min)

After signing up for the last Challenge, I scored big on the first day and then lost motivation due to a month of job-related dreams and a month of illness. If I get even one more lucid due to Challenge motivation, it’s a plus.~

I had a medium length LD last night. No tasks though.

Had a short DILD when I napped in the afternoon. (I think my first LD during a nap…)
Wasn’t too long and I was more observing than doing something but over all I like the experience. :smile:
dream

I had a half a minute long LD/OBE this morning where I seem to have learned something valuable: Rubic’s Cube

I didn’t complete any quests etc. but at least was lucid for more than some seconds :cool:

I had a …8 minute LD, just went around to explore. I forgot about the LC :ack:

Had a short LD last night :cool:

Done.

Colors in Music
Lucid Dream #1047

[LD]I found myself on a pirate ship. I was aware at the start of the dream, which seems to be happening more and more these nights… I know this may seem like a good thing, but I prefer to BECOME lucid. Makes me worried I’ll lose my non conscious dreams.
While I was on a pirate ship, I was also sitting up on my bed which had been mysteriously transported there. I could tell I was on a ship by the wooden room I was in, and from what I could see out the window. Ocean and a black cliché pirate flag with the skull and cross bones. Let’s not forget the incessant rocking of the room.

A peculiar looking DC showed up who greatly resembled a piano prodigy DC I had seen in 2 LDs in the past. He wore the same interesting hat as well. I spend a lot of time in dreams chatting with DCs, so this was just another one of those times.
“Good evening.” He said.
“Hey there.”
“Do you want to hear something interesting?” he asked.
“Sure.”
“All the pirates fear it. Look.” And he gestured to my right and by my bed I noticed a few beads and some gems of some sort.
“Treasure.” He continued. “Very special treasure. They can control the fate of lives… IF one knows how to use it. You know what I think? I think you can use this treasure.”
“Oh, I don’t doubt that.” I said simply. “What about you?”
He shook his head. “It’s not the same. Works best in the hands of someone like yourself. A dream musician. One who can see colors in music.”
I picked up some of the beads and gems and inspected them. I found I was able to change their colors. I had changed a diamond into a ruby.
“Oh dear.” The man said.
“What?” I asked.
“Carrreful.” He warned. “Those colors are symbolic. Surely you must know that.”
“What kind of people am I affecting? People like you?”
“Anyone. Well… Not myself. But someone on this ship. You’ve hexed someone.”
“Oh, wonderful.”
There was a lot I suspected that he wasn’t telling me about himself. I didn’t ask. Instead, I changed another color of one of the clear gems to blue, and as I did that, several DCs entered the room I was in. I’m not sure if one caused the other.
“We need a dream musician.” Said one of the new DCs.
Just then, my perspective shifted and I found myself seeing through the eyes of one of the new DCs. I hadn’t changed too much, just a new outfit really. My old view still remained, and so I was seeing 2 perspectives at once.
I found a piano and sat down by it. I then began to play familiar pieces from video games. As I did this, the crystals shot up a beam of light at the wall which created a projector like effect. On the wall I saw footage from the games I played like Zelda, Mario, and Donkey Kong Country (in that order). The DCs really seemed to enjoy this. One of them requested Final Fantasy, and so I played the prelude and the projection on the wall changed accordingly.

I decided to experiment and improvise some stuff. This caused a different kind of effect. Based on the keys I was playing in, my synesthesic perceptions were being displayed on the wall. When I played a piece in A major for instance, the wall took on mountainous bright blue patterns. I began to compose some music on the spot, even experimenting with new chords. The wall changed to orange and blue and I did this, and the piano glowed as well. DCs were trying to guess what I game was playing from. I explained to them that I was just improvising now. I improvised for quite some time, memorizing some of the new stuff I was coming up with as well.

Eventually the colors changed into something new. A movie like scene began to play out on the wall instead. It showed a man in a junk yard like area. He appeared to be in a hurry for something. He rushed past piles of trash and then a river of dead animals. I recognized the place from another music related dream. He continued to run and I continued to play. He eventually arrived at a tall tower of trash, and the dream faded out.[/LD]

If it’s worth mentioning, I mostly played in orange, blue, and yellow keys. :razz: