Liquid dream software!

No worries - it happens to the best of us.

I guess you could use it for reality checks throughout the day and set them more than 90 min apart.

I would recommend playing the binaural beats before going to sleep / while falling asleep and then playing something more likely to wake you up or get incorporated in your dream during the night.

Thanks for all your interest and a manual in any format would be greatly appreciated! And if you happen to create an REM Cycle that works well, you can share it by right-clicking on it and selecting “Copy To” -> “Desktop”…

I really like this software. My favorite part is the visual representations of your possible dream signs, locations, objects… You can even keep track of how often you use your lucid skills like transformation, conjuration, flying. Just add them to actions.

Am i the only person who has tried the WILD inducer?
Well I’ve used it for three nights when I’m so tired i could fall asleep as soon as i put my head down and well it kinda works!
I’ve tried WILD so many times and only once have i gotten close (My feet goes completly numb and my heart starts beating too fast and i snap out of it)
the first time i used this i got to that same point in about 10-15 minutes but instead of it just numbing my feet it went all the way up to my knees but then my heart starts beating and i ether snap out of it or it just kinda fades away (I really need to beat this problem)

But yeah it is pretty effective and it keeps me awake long enough to get close to SP with a little more practice on keeping calm and focused when i get to SP it might work.

Thanks!

Scipio - I am busy on a new function that automatically runs through every dream and every word to help find any common dream signs that might have been missed.

Minato - I am glad to hear that it has helped get you closer to a WILD. Have you tried changing the default interval? I like to believe that there is a magic number for everyone, but that it is of course different for everyone!

Liquid Dream III is now ranked #1 in entertainment software on CNET Downloads.

Thanks for all the feedback and support!

Well I don’t know how to use the WILD inducer and I’ve gotten to those stages in a WILD before. I tend to lay there a half an hour and become more awake than asleep.

Cool! And you made this?? I have to say, I love the help screen. From one coder to another:

scipioXaos.applause(IAmCoder);

Congratulations, IAmCoder for your success on CNET and thank you for your contribution to the LD4all community.

Thanks, guys.

I.Try();

I actually wrote the first version in high school when I started lucid dreaming, and ended up using it as a final project and posted it online for extra points. TechTV, now G4TV, then ran a show on it and it got tons of downloads. I have been working on it off and on ever since…

I meant to ask, what do the white, green, and blue lines on the bar graph mean?

White - moon phase.
Green - hours slept.
Blue - time of dream.

Recording what time you went to sleep and what time you were dreaming helps when configuring REM Cycles.

Hi, Coder. I have been using your software lately, and let me tell you it is really cool!

But I have been having a little problem: sometimes, after I write down a dream and I click on “save”, I get an error message like this one:

What does it mean?

Thank you! And thanks for the bug report.

I was able to reproduce it by creating two new Objects; one titled “coke”, with “cola” in the Words field and one just titled “cola”. I then created a dream with “always coke-a-cola” as the text and got the error message when saving. It was adding the same item to the list twice, which generated the error.

I managed to fix it, but I am afraid I just released an update this morning (v 3.1) with the new dream sign builder (Tools -> Dream Sign Builder), so you will have to hang 10 for the next update. In the mean time, you could trace the duplicate category items and delete one of them.

Oh, ok… Thank you! ^^

Btw, I won’t get any of my dreams erased if I update my version, right?

I hope not! But to be safe, you can always right-click on the Dreams folder and select Open File Location to make a backup.

@IAmCoder:
I once tried your software, and while it seemed to have potential, it was highly buggy and even crashed for some reason I cannot explain. Then it refused to open and asked to be installed again, but installation would not succeed.
Also, I don’t think your software is to blame, probably it was another dream journal, but most of LD related files in the LD folder I had were deleted, and then even using file recovery tools I only got back 3 out of +15, and of those 3 one was partially overwritten already.
Another bug I remember is something about some character the software interpreted as invalid, tough I was merely typing english text.
I don’t know how stable the software is now, but it seemed good, if only it weren’t that unstable…

Edit:

I wasn’t aware there were 3 pages when I wrote this reply. Congrats IAmCoder! =3

Err, thanks, I guess.

Can you try again? I am hoping that it was another app, or has been addressed already!

downloading it now. ill try it tonight :smile:

Any luck? I finally got around to writing out a user’s manual: lucid-code.com/LiquidDream/QuickStart.pdf!

Well, I just installed your dream journal software, and I have to say that I am impressed. This has to be the single most awesome dream journal I have laid eyes on. It has a good bit of what I want in a dream journal and even some stuff I haven’t thought about. I am working on programming my own dj at the moment, but until then (and possibly even after), I am going to be using this.

Edit - The sound on that lucid realm worked the first time I played with it, then failed when I used it to sleep, but now it is working again. I am thinking it must be because I stopped it without resetting it or something, since when it had a chance to run its course it worked. I will test it again tonight.

Thanks for the compliments! I would definitely recommend writing your own DJ - it has been a great journey for me. And please let me know what I can add that you would want in a dream journal.

Please let me know if the play / stop function is not intuitive and can be improved.