LC #29: Congratulations, Rhewin!

I had a medium length LD last night. No tasks though.

Had a short DILD when I napped in the afternoon. (I think my first LD during a nap…)
Wasn’t too long and I was more observing than doing something but over all I like the experience. :smile:
dream

I had a half a minute long LD/OBE this morning where I seem to have learned something valuable: Rubic’s Cube

I didn’t complete any quests etc. but at least was lucid for more than some seconds :cool:

I had a …8 minute LD, just went around to explore. I forgot about the LC :ack:

Had a short LD last night :cool:

Done.

Colors in Music
Lucid Dream #1047

[LD]I found myself on a pirate ship. I was aware at the start of the dream, which seems to be happening more and more these nights… I know this may seem like a good thing, but I prefer to BECOME lucid. Makes me worried I’ll lose my non conscious dreams.
While I was on a pirate ship, I was also sitting up on my bed which had been mysteriously transported there. I could tell I was on a ship by the wooden room I was in, and from what I could see out the window. Ocean and a black cliché pirate flag with the skull and cross bones. Let’s not forget the incessant rocking of the room.

A peculiar looking DC showed up who greatly resembled a piano prodigy DC I had seen in 2 LDs in the past. He wore the same interesting hat as well. I spend a lot of time in dreams chatting with DCs, so this was just another one of those times.
“Good evening.” He said.
“Hey there.”
“Do you want to hear something interesting?” he asked.
“Sure.”
“All the pirates fear it. Look.” And he gestured to my right and by my bed I noticed a few beads and some gems of some sort.
“Treasure.” He continued. “Very special treasure. They can control the fate of lives… IF one knows how to use it. You know what I think? I think you can use this treasure.”
“Oh, I don’t doubt that.” I said simply. “What about you?”
He shook his head. “It’s not the same. Works best in the hands of someone like yourself. A dream musician. One who can see colors in music.”
I picked up some of the beads and gems and inspected them. I found I was able to change their colors. I had changed a diamond into a ruby.
“Oh dear.” The man said.
“What?” I asked.
“Carrreful.” He warned. “Those colors are symbolic. Surely you must know that.”
“What kind of people am I affecting? People like you?”
“Anyone. Well… Not myself. But someone on this ship. You’ve hexed someone.”
“Oh, wonderful.”
There was a lot I suspected that he wasn’t telling me about himself. I didn’t ask. Instead, I changed another color of one of the clear gems to blue, and as I did that, several DCs entered the room I was in. I’m not sure if one caused the other.
“We need a dream musician.” Said one of the new DCs.
Just then, my perspective shifted and I found myself seeing through the eyes of one of the new DCs. I hadn’t changed too much, just a new outfit really. My old view still remained, and so I was seeing 2 perspectives at once.
I found a piano and sat down by it. I then began to play familiar pieces from video games. As I did this, the crystals shot up a beam of light at the wall which created a projector like effect. On the wall I saw footage from the games I played like Zelda, Mario, and Donkey Kong Country (in that order). The DCs really seemed to enjoy this. One of them requested Final Fantasy, and so I played the prelude and the projection on the wall changed accordingly.

I decided to experiment and improvise some stuff. This caused a different kind of effect. Based on the keys I was playing in, my synesthesic perceptions were being displayed on the wall. When I played a piece in A major for instance, the wall took on mountainous bright blue patterns. I began to compose some music on the spot, even experimenting with new chords. The wall changed to orange and blue and I did this, and the piano glowed as well. DCs were trying to guess what I game was playing from. I explained to them that I was just improvising now. I improvised for quite some time, memorizing some of the new stuff I was coming up with as well.

Eventually the colors changed into something new. A movie like scene began to play out on the wall instead. It showed a man in a junk yard like area. He appeared to be in a hurry for something. He rushed past piles of trash and then a river of dead animals. I recognized the place from another music related dream. He continued to run and I continued to play. He eventually arrived at a tall tower of trash, and the dream faded out.[/LD]

If it’s worth mentioning, I mostly played in orange, blue, and yellow keys. :razz:

I had a LD last night that lasted about 2 minutes.

Rhewin, you get |20 points| for your WILD.
Puce, the LD gave you |30 points|.
Mars, you get |20 points| for the LD.
Kenty, nice try, but it was still Rubik’s cube. You get |30 points| for the lucidity.
StarryGwee, are you sure that dream was only medium? In that case, you get |30 points|.
GHOSTIE11, |20 points| to you for the short LD.
Wyvern, since you have chosen to not count lucid points, you get |40 task points + 20 early points| for changing the colour. |and also |20 points| for changing the colours on the wall with the music. Also, since you have done Task 2 in this dream without knowing it, I choose to award you with |10 bonus points|.

The standings are:

1. Wyvern |90 points|
  2. Puce |30 points|
  3. StarryGwee |30 points|
    2.Kenty [Wolf] |30 points|
  4. GHOSTIE11 |20 points|
  5. Mars |20 points|
  6. Nuevefactorial ||20 points
  7. Rhewin |20 points|

Second task: Mix your senses

Your body is sleeping. In a dream, you aren’t limited to what your body can do. You aren’t limited to what your eyes can see, ears can hear, or body can feel. Have you ever wondered what light tastes like? Wouldn’t it be wonderful to see music? What would thoughts smell like?

You can even grow completely new senses. Many animals can sense things that we can’t, for example electricity and infrared radiation.

If you use one of your senses for something it isn’t usually used for, you get 40 points.
If you experience this several times in the same night, you get 10 points pr. experience.

Invent or adopt a completely new sense, and you get 30 points.
If you make a recording or picture of the unusual experience inside the dream, you will get 10 points.

This task will run until 30.april, 8 pm GMT.

:lol: I was “Huh ?” :eh:. But then:

:content:

Siiw, do I get no points for my short LD?

Sorry! Of course you get points for it! You have been added now. :shy:

Had a short moment of lucidness last night, but lost it quickly and not much recall.

I’ve been having absolutely no luck, not a dream nor an unconcious sleep. It’s like i’m skipping to morning!

Will try, this task sounds easier as I continuously develop a sixth sense in dreams

I remember watching a short documentary on people with naturally mixed senses. They’re supposedly pretty darn rare, but they gathered a bunch somehow. Funnily enough, they all had different associations to any one thing. For example, if they thought of color yellow, each would smell something different.

What stuck in my head the most is one particular test. They had this woman (who had several senses entwined, not just 2) in a 20+ minute test. The test itself was bogus, what they were trying to figure out was her recall skills. At the start of the test, they read her a series of short-medium length words and she had to repeat them back. She did completely averagely. At the end of the test, they asked her to repeat those words and she remembered far more than an average person did.
I sincerely hope they did other similar tests and didn’t base their conclusion on this one example they put in the documentary.
The conclusion was that the more senses you experience a thing with, the better it sticks in your memory. It isn’t surprising really, we all remember better to check how hot water is if we get burned first, but it does seem to apply to sense crossovers as well, which is basically a brain anomaly.

So, theoretically, experiencing something (that you can normally sense with 1 sense only) with several senses, should give better dream recall.
I’ve no idea how hard the challenge is, if it’s even worth trying to implement in every LD just for the sake of DR, but it’s something to give a little extra motivation :smile:

I was thinking the same thing when reading the challange. :smile:

A known artist who saw colour while hearing music was Wassily Kandinsky. When I look at some of his work I always get blown away. Also depends on how “open” my mind is while absorbing his paintings but when I’m lucky I kind of fall into his colours and lines, they start to move and I move with it.

It’s not that rare, many people have associations between different things. I associate numbers, words and sometimes sound with colours, on average not that intens but it really depends on how I am feeling. Think about names and imagine the colour it has, a lot of people do that without knowing it. Think about why people sometimes call a heavy voice a dark brown voice… why brown? it feels the right colour doesn’t it? :content:

I had a medium length LD last night. Apparently swimming and making people drown is fun :tongue:

It was weird, because that’s the first LD I’ve had as a DO, yet the character I watched was me and I knew it. Plus, I had a false awakening afterwards with a huge DS and I missed it and lost lucidity there. (I still want to :truit: myself for it.) At least I can say now that I really know what an FA is.

Succes :smile: Last night I had a LD in which I was in long empty room and I remembered the suggestion of seeing music. I visualized that there would be stereo behind me and there was. I turned on the music and dancing lights appeared in all colors that looked a lot like nothern light, but fast forwarded. It looked pretty cool and I was happy I actually completed a task for once. Later the lights changed into laser lights, which was just like a normal laser show so not so special anymore.

In another dreamscape I met a colleage and I showd him how to float. I wanted to test if it was a shared dream so I told him to remember this dream once I say a special word to him the next time I see him. It would be cool if it works, but I’m not a strong believer of shared dreams, but youll never know.

Sounds awesome BeRightBack! Congrats :content: .

Gahhhh, I went lucid for about 5 minutes in a dream and lost it, later on realize I was dreaming at the very end. I forgot about the LC, so I went along and tried to visit WC’s new dreamscape. Then I tried to revisit this forest I discovered in another LD. :tongue: I should start posting in my DJ again…

Okay, the whole system of how this works kinda confuses me but what the heck, I’ll try it.

Sign-ups TM: Siiw

1. Wyvern [no lucid points] [have 100 lucid dreams in a month]
  2. Fate [distort the dream time] [1-2 min]
  3. Dragonmind [GILD, LD, learn to fight, extend time] [2:30]
  4. GHOSTIE11 [Revisit Ceeia] (25-300 seconds)
  5. Puce [Meet dream guide, experiment with teleportation, solve some issues] (5-10 mins.)
  6. Opolious [Fly, meet dream guide] (5 min)
  7. Rhewin [Pilot the TARDIS and get somewhere] (4-7 min)
  8. BeRightBack [Extend LD with dream clock;Have an OBE;Create and enter new dream] (2-5 min)
  9. Kenty [Find & ride a Pegasus] (15-120 seconds)
  10. Mars [Find personal LD-castle] (5-10 min)
  11. Nuevefactorial [Find out RL lottery numbers] (6-9 min)
  12. StarryGwee [Actually meet my SG] (5-10 min)
  13. Thorn I forgot to copy this far down so what Thorn posted isn’t here XD
  14. Dablooey [Kill a giant snail monster with an arrow covered in salt] (I’ve only had one LD but I had lucidity for maybe 3 minutes)