Current Wings Quest 129
Pause Time

Liquid dream software!

Author  Message 
IAmCoder
The First Lightbender
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 13 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Liquid Dream III is now ranked #1 in entertainment software on CNET Downloads.

Thanks for all the feedback and support!

Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 358—19/08/06
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Minato wrote:
Am i the only person who has tried the WILD inducer?
Well I've used it for three nights when I'm so tired i could fall asleep as soon as i put my head down and well it kinda works!
I've tried WILD so many times and only once have i gotten close (My feet goes completly numb and my heart starts beating too fast and i snap out of it)
the first time i used this i got to that same point in about 10-15 minutes but instead of it just numbing my feet it went all the way up to my knees but then my heart starts beating and i ether snap out of it or it just kinda fades away (I really need to beat this problem)

But yeah it is pretty effective and it keeps me awake long enough to get close to SP with a little more practice on keeping calm and focused when i get to SP it might work.

Well I don't know how to use the WILD inducer and I've gotten to those stages in a WILD before. I tend to lay there a half an hour and become more awake than asleep.

IAmCoder wrote:

Scipio - I am busy on a new function that automatically runs through every dream and every word to help find any common dream signs that might have been missed.

Cool! And you made this?? I have to say, I love the help screen. From one coder to another:

scipioXaos.applause(IAmCoder);

Current LD goal(s): Engage L.E.A.F. Extras for the VALGEAR.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Thu 14 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Congratulations, IAmCoder for your success on CNET and thank you for your contribution to the LD4all community.

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
IAmCoder
The First Lightbender
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sat 16 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Thanks, guys.

I.Try();

I actually wrote the first version in high school when I started lucid dreaming, and ended up using it as a final project and posted it online for extra points. TechTV, now G4TV, then ran a show on it and it got tons of downloads. I have been working on it off and on ever since...

Cornelia Xaos
cookie lover
cookie lover
Cornelia Xaos has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Scribes
LD count: 358—19/08/06
Location: I'll give you a hint: it's got a blue background with stars, and it's a forum...

PostPosted: Sun 24 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

I meant to ask, what do the white, green, and blue lines on the bar graph mean?

Current LD goal(s): Engage L.E.A.F. Extras for the VALGEAR.

Link to My DJ: ld4all.com
IAmCoder
The First Lightbender
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Sun 24 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

White - moon phase.
Green - hours slept.
Blue - time of dream.

Recording what time you went to sleep and what time you were dreaming helps when configuring REM Cycles.

Nuevefactorial
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 10

PostPosted: Mon 25 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Hi, Coder. I have been using your software lately, and let me tell you it is really cool!

But I have been having a little problem: sometimes, after I write down a dream and I click on "save", I get an error message like this one:

Quote:
Cannot add or insert the item 'Coca-Cola' in more than one place. You must first remove it from its current location or clone it.
Parameter name: item

What does it mean?

Current LD goal(s): Use superpowers to destroy the dream world.
IAmCoder
The First Lightbender
Novice dreamer

Thank you! And thanks for the bug report.

I was able to reproduce it by creating two new Objects; one titled "coke", with "cola" in the Words field and one just titled "cola". I then created a dream with "always coke-a-cola" as the text and got the error message when saving. It was adding the same item to the list twice, which generated the error.

I managed to fix it, but I am afraid I just released an update this morning (v 3.1) with the new dream sign builder (Tools -> Dream Sign Builder), so you will have to hang 10 for the next update. In the mean time, you could trace the duplicate category items and delete one of them.

Nuevefactorial
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 10

Oh, ok... Thank you! ^^

Btw, I won't get any of my dreams erased if I update my version, right?

Current LD goal(s): Use superpowers to destroy the dream world.
IAmCoder
The First Lightbender
Novice dreamer

Nuevefactorial wrote:
Oh, ok... Thank you! ^^

Btw, I won't get any of my dreams erased if I update my version, right?

I hope not! But to be safe, you can always right-click on the Dreams folder and select Open File Location to make a backup.

OddDreamingDreamer
Some odd rank
Somniologist
LD count: 2 MILD 4 DILD

@IAmCoder:
I once tried your software, and while it seemed to have potential, it was highly buggy and even crashed for some reason I cannot explain. Then it refused to open and asked to be installed again, but installation would not succeed.
Also, I don't think your software is to blame, probably it was another dream journal, but most of LD related files in the LD folder I had were deleted, and then even using file recovery tools I only got back 3 out of +15, and of those 3 one was partially overwritten already.
Another bug I remember is something about some character the software interpreted as invalid, tough I was merely typing english text.
I don't know how stable the software is now, but it seemed good, if only it weren't that unstable...
[EDIT] I wasn't aware there were 3 pages when I wrote this reply. Congrats IAmCoder! =3 [/EDIT]

Current LD goal(s): achieving a steady sleep schedule, then getting proper dream recall
IAmCoder
The First Lightbender
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

Err, thanks, I guess.

Can you try again? I am hoping that it was another app, or has been addressed already!

xxmoriahxx
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: ?

PostPosted: Thu 28 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

downloading it now. ill try it tonight smile

Current LD goal(s): to fly!
IAmCoder
The First Lightbender
Novice dreamer

PostPosted: Wed 04 May, 2011  Reply with quote

Any luck? I finally got around to writing out a user's manual: http://www.lucid-code.com/LiquidDream/QuickStart.pdf!

wolvendeer
Astral Explorer
Astral Explorer
Scribes
LD count: 23?

PostPosted: Thu 05 May, 2011  Reply with quote

Well, I just installed your dream journal software, and I have to say that I am impressed. This has to be the single most awesome dream journal I have laid eyes on. It has a good bit of what I want in a dream journal and even some stuff I haven't thought about. I am working on programming my own dj at the moment, but until then (and possibly even after), I am going to be using this.

Edit - The sound on that lucid realm worked the first time I played with it, then failed when I used it to sleep, but now it is working again. I am thinking it must be because I stopped it without resetting it or something, since when it had a chance to run its course it worked. I will test it again tonight.

print