Woke up by HI?

Hi everyone! I had a strange experience this morning while trying to WILD. I wasn’t in SP yet and was having some HI. I was seeing the usual green circle moving in my eyes and an image began to appear. Suddenly, it was like if someone was throwing something at me. I saw it coming fast and since I wasn’t paralsed yet, I had the reflex to catch it, which woke me up. Is it normal? Did it ever happened to you? I’d like to have some explanation and also maybe some tricks to WILDing properly. Thank you and sweet dreams!

Yes, this is called a hypnagogic jerk. It’s not uncommon, and often times people will have it as they are going to sleep. Usually it’s a falling sensation, but thinking things are being thrown at you also happens.

As for WILD tips, here is a guide that a wrote a while back on customizing WILD to your own needs.

Good luck, happy lucids :tardis:

Thanks for your help! :razz:

I sometimes jerk when I’m almost in a dream and I move inside the dream. Or my body just randomly jerks for no reason just as I’m about to fall asleep…lame.

I don’t think it’s a big big deal unless it happens to you often lol

Well, it happened to me before, but I didn’t know what it was and I didn’t care because I wasn’t attempting to WILD. Most of the time, it happens when I fall asleep without wanting to. But if it means I was close to LD, then I’ll try once again! I only hope that SP will come to prenvent this.