imagination or dream?

Author  Message 
zenahr
DEEP SLEEPER
Novice dreamer
LD count: 2-3

imagination or dream?
PostPosted: Mon 25 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

hi every one, last night something really strange happened, all right here is what happened:

i was laying on my side and I was daydreaming. at some point the daydreams got more and more vivid, then suddenly i saw what i imagined whatsthat after some seconds my body felt like it was shaking? or vibrating roughly and i stood up terrified and couldnt sleep for an half hour.

my question is how could i see what i imagined and why my body felt like shaking help! [/b][/i]

Current LD goal(s): play the violine
OddDreamingDreamer
Some odd rank
Somniologist
LD count: 2 MILD 4 DILD

oh very easy my friend that is what we call sleep paralysis, a protective mechanism your body employs every night to make sure you do not act out your dreams while sleeping, because for the brain dreams are as real as waking life, and it sends signals to the body's muscles, but sleep paralysis stops this signals. That you just described is precisely what sleep paralysis usually feels like. Worry not, it is harmless, as it happens every night, it's just were asleep so we don't notice.

Current LD goal(s): achieving a steady sleep schedule, then getting proper dream recall
avalinah
Learning composure
Dream Deity
LD count: 50+

in fact, you are very lucky smile if you can do that. if you hadn't jumped, you would have ended up right in a lucid dream! next time just go with the flow wink5

Current LD goal(s): DEILD
zenahr
DEEP SLEEPER
Novice dreamer

sorry guys it wasn't SP, thats because i was able to move. did i mention that the vibrations started when i took action in the daydream/dream. the vibrations were very uncomfortable unlike the two rushes of vibrations i had in my first WILD, thanks for the answers!

zenahr
DEEP SLEEPER
Novice dreamer

avalinah wrote:
in fact, you are very lucky smile if you can do that. if you hadn't jumped, you would have ended up right in a lucid dream! next time just go with the flow wink5
in fact i was going with the flow, and i didnt move, but for some reason my mouth opened itself eek2 after my mouth was open the vibrations ended.

i recently tried to astral project and i hoped that i was getting some kind of spontaneous projection sadblauw

WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

Sounds like the start of a WILD to me.

zenahr
DEEP SLEEPER
Novice dreamer

really?, i thought that WILD starts with hypnagogia or somekind of waves that start from the feet and paralize you. all right thanks for the reply!

avalinah
Learning composure
Dream Deity

PostPosted: Tue 26 Apr, 2011  Reply with quote

actually, opening your mouth is an 'exit technique' and can be used to go straight to a dream. you must've done it on accident :D funny.

maybe it worked cause you weren't thinking about it. later when you did, it stopped working.. it's always that way isn't it cry

zenahr
DEEP SLEEPER
Novice dreamer

exit technique, i didnt know that woo

thanks for reply!

WASD
Psychonaut
Dream Deity
WASD has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

zenahr wrote:
really?, i thought that WILD starts with hypnagogia or somekind of waves that start from the feet and paralize you. all right thanks for the reply!

It starts with blackness, as you see if you close your eyes right now. Images then start to form and eventually become a dream. The "daydream got more vivid" is probably does images heading towards the dreamstate.
I don't experience any particular feeling like paralyzing when i WILD. It's like falling asleep as normal but your mind is awake and you observe the images.
That's for me at least. I don't find WILD to be as powerful as many describe it. It's certainly individual.

Bird
Somniologist
Somniologist
Bird has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

oh the open mouth! I really like that feeling because I know then that my body is fully relaxing. SP can also start with your jaws and then spread to the rest of your body. Really go with it! :D

and it is indeed very individual and it also depends on how you are feeling and whattime of day it is... that's with me at least. there are many ways!

Current LD goal(s): increase vividness and movement, ride my underwater dragon, create a landscape
avalinah
Learning composure
Dream Deity

i never ever got full SP. but it once started from my mouth. it was so freaky :D like.. like i was missing half of my face or my lip :D damn so crazy

Bird
Somniologist
Somniologist
Bird has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!

avalinah wrote:
i never ever got full SP. but it once started from my mouth. it was so freaky :D like.. like i was missing half of my face or my lip :D damn so crazy

haha! you liked it? :D sometimes I start to feel a lot of saliva in my mouth too and I'm afraid it will drip out but when I want to swallow it, it seems it's not even there.. it's so weird! (and a little bit gross lol) ...have-to-resist-swallowing...

Current LD goal(s): increase vividness and movement, ride my underwater dragon, create a landscape
avalinah
Learning composure
Dream Deity

well if i move, i lose SP. it's very hard for me and SP to be friends xD i haven't been successful at WILD...

ZRVera
Alien Violinist
Dream Deity
ZRVera has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: Not counting.

Leonie, you don't have to resist swallowing. If you need to swallow, do it. Let your body naturally fall asleep. It's your mind that needs to stay aware, not the body. ^^

print