Has anyone ever succeeded at WILD in the evening?

well, i do reach SP (but not with WBTB… my body keeps yelling at me for not letting it just sleep properly)… but i never get HI, it’s just black. and it’s been worse deeper into the night (like with WBTB). i think i’m too aware.
i learned to get to SP in a matter of minutes through meditation, actually. it’s just that my mind never bothers to form any images or go anywhere with it. i’ve had a successful WILD… only in a dream :happy: (i actually did WILD in a dream… talk about lol…)

Have you tried rolling out of your body after you hit SP completely? Once you hit SP you’re usually nearly there. Also, have you tried doing a RC to make sure you are actually still awake and not sleep-WILDing? :gni:

Well, this should be huge! Do you happen to be too worried or expecting images to form? Maybe if you simply try visualizing you are meditating, with your eyes closed, somewhere else (some where dreamy!) Whenever I get into SP and don’t get HI (I tend to get one or the other…) I usually try to clear my mind and imagine I’m touching something. The sense of touch comes in a lot easier than the visuals.

The trouble with WILD at night, as I’m sure has been mentioned is that you take a long time to enter REM sleep. But, if I’m not mistaken, WritersCube WILD’s at night. In fact I remember him saying it only takes him 5 minutes to enter a LD. So… shrugs

I know he’s been LD’ing for 20+ years and he could probably enter a LD while fully awake too XD point is that it is possible. [size=59]Just don’t expect too much in case it takes 20 years to learn! :razz:[/size]

Yes, it’s possible, I succeeded on 3 WILDs from wide awake.

The secret is just being patient, AND optionally, using some techniques to quicken it.

well that’s great then. if it’s technically possible, then it gives me more hope.

patience is not the trick. rather, not the only thing. i could lay there patiently all night, and nothing would happen. i used to do it for hours. there’s something else that’s missing.

i’ve actually tried imagining or meditating or something, but i can’t see the images well (i used to be good at imagining things when i was younger, but at some point i started really sucking at it :meh: the darkness overcomes all… i just can’t see anything when i try… or it’s too vague…). anyway, even after 30 minutes nothing would come up on its own. i must be too aware if i’m imagining things. it felt to me like it was chasing the sleep away even.
but others succeed without HI too, so it’s not like it’s a must.

HI isn’t a must for me. Sometimes I have the same difficulty as you and I think it is because I’m too tense then. Because if I give up, the HI appears in just a few minutes and then when I realize it’s there and I really focus on it instead of just letting it be there I get tense again and it fades away.

The first wild I ever had happened two minutes after turning off the tv for bed. I fell asleep at ten after king of the hill and then woke up from the wild at ten nine.

Of course WILD does work in the evening - you only have to create the potential situation. I, for example, if I go for a WILD I only try it at night, before going to bed. This is because, if I wake up in the middle of the night by alarm, my sleeping cycle gets messed up so badly that I won’t be able to walk on my feet the next day.

There is one important fact you need to take in account: Exhaustion. (Being tired after a long day makes falling asleep a lot easier: it relaxes your muscles and pushes you into your dreamland quicker, as your mind wants to ‘shut down’ asap for recovery.)

Once you have that it’s all a matter of timing: Set a certain interval for you to become conscious of your surroundings and yourself. In the meantime let yourself drift away in thoughts.

The answer to your topic question is yes. However, I wouldn’t recommend WILD, as it is hard. Go for a DEILD. Remember: everything has to be natural. Don’t force anything and you will succeed.

Cheers

According to this, you have to sleep 2 hours to get to REM… WILD seems to be way too hard.

Correction - WILD in the evening is hard. WILD after 4.5-6 hours is much easier and more fun.

I don’t think you have to be in rem to dream. It only seems harder in the evening because it is harder for your mind and body to go into sleep. I don’t think it’s entirely the wait for rem that makes it hard, but instead a lot to do with taking a long time to fall asleep. When I wild in the evening it’s mega easy, but all of my wilds seem to come by accident so who knows haha just my thoughts :smile:

We certainly have non-REM dreams. Apparently, they also happen mostly in the morning.

I’ve never had a WILD at night (meaning, I’ve never had a WILD where I lie down for bed at night and pass straight from the waking state into a lucid dream). I have, however, fallen asleep and found myself suddenly conscious in SP with HI, or in an OBE, long before my brain would be in REM sleep (that is, 30-45 minutes after falling asleep).

Ah, ive gone to sleep at night and the next thing i know I’m in the “black abyss of nothing” with no body, nothing. Haha that’s usually how sp is for me when I “awaken” in it after falling asleep.

There are some cases when we dream during NREM, however, they are rare. Also they are more like hallucinations, rather than vivid REM-like dreams. There is some difference. Also when dreaming during NREM, there is a chance of sleep-walking and sleep-talking, since SP is not active during NREM.

What are the chances or conditions needed for someone to go directly into rem sleep in the evening?

According to the sleep cycle tables, you cannot go to REM sleep directly.

I’m not sure, but the only possible way, I assume, would be to use some supplements which mess with your sleep cycle. Although, if there are such supplements, use them at your own risk as it could possibly result in insomnia.

Well I have had vivid lucid dreams after being asleep for less than ten minutes the enitre night (more than one occasion). So either I go directly into rem or you can have vivid lucid dreams that are more than two dimensional hallucinations during nrem, so it seems. I also seem to frequently have vivid normal dreams as soon as I fall asleep. If I wake up after 5 to ten minutes after going to bed I can usually recall a vivid dream, so it doesn’t seem rare either.

Well, maybe you are an exception and your sleep cycles work differently. I have read tons of scientifical articles on sleep cycles, yet I have not heard of this phenomenon. I would advice you to take a EEG test while sleeping to see what’s causing this instant REM phase. It could be interesting to scientists which research sleep patterns.

Well I’m not an exception haha didnt Tggtt say it happened to him like three times, so there obviously are other instances. It might not even be happening under rem sleep.

You can go directly into REM sleep when you take a nap, so I don’t see how it would be impossible in the evening.