What Book Are You Reading? - Part IX

Haven’t posted in awhile…
But I did read The Diving Bell and the Butterfly… wow! What an amazing book. Not something everyone would like, although I think people on here would enjoy it. Such a well written and thought provoking book. Funny too! More than I expected it to be. It’s just one of those books that makes you stop and think about life… and truly appreciate all the small things and moments. Not to mention the power of imagination, which is something quite important for dreamers! Anyways, I could go on and on but overall a really enjoyable book and something I highly recommend, obviously. The author, Jean Dominique Bauby, seemed like a really fascinating person.

and now to start another book… possibly A Clokwork Orange.

so I recently started reading the dark tower series, by Stephen King, and I’m really enjoying it :content: (currently reading The Drawing of The Three)

I wanted to know if anyone else out there is/has read the books? I would love to have a little discussion (without spoilers, please :tongue: ).

The Dark Tower is by far my favorite book series.

Right now i’m on a short story collection: Fragile Things by Neil Gaiman. I like it a lot.

I still haven’t read anything from Neil Gaiman. As a SF fan, shame on me.

Reread Mistborn trilogy by Brandon Sanderson yet again few days back. One of my favourite authors.
Currently 1/4 of the way through Book of the New Sun by Gene Wolfe. It’s actually a tetralogy, but they’re rather short (by today’s epic standards) so they could all be condensed in one book and get away with it. Interesting stuff, even if realistic depiction of time and human nature goes out the window right off the bat. Gives it a unique charm for sure ^^

Once i gather some courage, i’ll delve back in Gormenghast by Mervyn Peake. The most beautiful (and dense) prose i’ve ever seen. And that includes (granted, translated) greek mythology, which given it’s style of more than 2 millennia old, is truly an accomplishment. It’s such a stunning work. And it actually takes work to get through, a complete opposite to Harry Potter, Twilight and their like.

Finished reading Looking for Alaska and An Abundance of Katherine’s from John Green which were brilliant and going to hopefully read more of his works :smile:

Currently reading A Game of Thrones. I am blown away by how epic it is. I never imagined a book could be this engrossing. “Winter is coming.” So ominous.

I’m currently reading “You Can Choose to be Happy” by Tom G Stevens. Yes, it is a self-help book. But a good one! The only one I’ve come across that’s based on large amounts of research conducted by the author himself. I really need to get back into reading fiction more, however. This book choice was solely a restorative measure for my recently damaged ego/self-esteem/confidence/etc (tough breakup in case anyone’s wondering). It’s really been helping too :happy:

Oh, and it’s free as an ebook. Which is awesome!

https://www.goodreads.com/review/list/5162302?shelf=currently-reading

I’ve begun Hamlet some 3 times and dropped midway (yeah, and it’s so damn short!).

Necronomicon is a huge bounded Lovecraft collection, most of which I already have read and in my bookshelf on different collections (but I can’t resisting buying one more Lovecraft…).

Foundation is in a halt, but then I’ve been reading the Foundation books in a completely random order.

Robot Dreams I brought with me on the trip I’m on, but haven’t read these few days. It’s a collection of short stories, most (but not all) to do with robotics.

And there you know my favourite authors: Asimov and Lovecraft. I’m a completely sucker for them. Stephen King and Tolkien are also dear, but I have to confess I never read (or intended to read) the Dark Tower. In fact, I think King has been growing senile ever since… a little before I started reading him, I suppose.

im currently reading “the bone collector”. so many people have said how good it is ( mainly because its a movie) … im only on chapter 1 but i can safely say its exciting from the start! :happy:

I recently read the Old Man’s War series by John Scalzi. It was very nice and refreshing.
He played around with some interesting concepts in a highly believable way. :happy:

finally on the deathly hallows. Talk about angst! It’s beyond the point of relatability. Other than that, I’m not reading anything and might not for a while.

currently reading Lolita and after that I will finish East of Eden

Peter and The Sword of Mercy. Time to finally finsih the series!

And I’m trying to get my hands on a copy of Jurassic Park. Just lest than thrity pages left. Borrowed it from a friend at camp, and he packed it up before I finished it.

I’m not one to like reading, in fact… I kind of loath it :tongue:

But, nonetheless, I’ve been attempting ‘A Game of Thrones’, heard it was quite the read.

The Books Of Elsewhere-The Shadows

Hello everybody,

I am re-reading the boo of Robert Waggooner, and I am takiung evry night 3mg of melatonin my doctor prescribe. It´s was interesting but I have a extraordinary, one night, lucid dream. I don´t know if there is a relation between both!!!

mona 1954

just finished the first HUNGER GAMES!!! it was amazing!!! what a great place to visit in my dreams!!! just started the second one and am soo excited!!

Exploring the World of Lucid Dreaming :grin: A shame you have to order it, at least wherever I asked, they never had the book at hand. Very informative and helpful, especially for WBTB.

Not reading yet, but will be by tomorrow when the book arrives in the mail.

The Wise Man’s Fear by Patrick Rothfuss. The sequel to The Name of the Wind. I was waiting for the trade paperback release which happened like two weeks ago. I’d almost forgotten about it but was thankfully reminded by a friend. Gonna be awesome.