The BIG Remembering Dreams Topic - Part II

Sorry, it said “affect your dream recall” and I took it as referring to them and not to “one”.

No problem. Those were supposed to be separate paragraphs to make it a little clearer but the site was acting weird(at least for me)that day.

Maybe I was dreaming. Lol :smile:

I think my dream recall is good but not great 'cause I’m lazy with it. I’m trying to get back on a normal sleep scheduale. I stay up pretty late everynight. I went to bed at like 6 something in the morning and woke up at 10:00, the time I set my alarm for. I didn’t get out of bed I just feel back asleep then when I woke up again I remember having an amazing dream that was very long clear and vivid in my memory. I thought about writing the dream down in my dream journal but I just feel back asleep :cry: :grrr: . My Problem isn’t that I have bad dream recall but that immediately after I wake up I don’t just write the dream in my DJ but I fall back alseep and then hours after the original dream I finally try and write it in my DJ. I do this quite often. I wake up after having a dream and then fall back asleep then when I wake up the next time or the next time after that I write it down then. I think the my recall is still good even after waiting hours and It’s rather long, but it could always be a whole lot better. I’m just lazy. I’m really trying to get out of this habit of falling back asleep instead of recalling my dreams. In this instance After I had woken up at 10:00am and fallen asleep I probably woke back up at like 11-12pm or something. Then the next time I remember waking up I looked at my clock and it was after 3pm :neutral: At that time I wrote the dream I had in my DJ I guess you could say what I recalled was sorta good but If I had written in my DJ immediately after waking up I think it would’ve been great and really long. I had set my alarm at 10:00am so that I could wake up and stay up early and then with the 4 hours of sleep I had gotten I would be tired enough to go to fall asleep at around midnight so I can get back on my desired sleep scheduale waking up at around 8am. I’ll be sure to stay awake tomorrow though and recall my dreams immediately.

It is weird isn’t it. How you can remember a ND so clearly you think there is no way I can forget that. Yet 10 minutes later you can forget the hole dream. Maybe when you wake up try and just write down at least a sentence or two about the dream before falling back asleep. That might be enough to jar your memory when you wake up again.

Happy Dreaming

In the past, when i did not have a dream journal, i remembered only strange and powerful dreams. I loved them.

Now that I have a dreamlog, I can remember more than a dream for night. But I don’t like them. I’ve found that I’m not interested in remembering them, because they are very similar to my ordinary life.

Anyone feels like this?

Yes. I have dreams about school. Just what I need, even more school. I waste 5 years learning education that I will never use in RRL. At the end of the day I don’t want to dream about more school.

But be patient. Your motive for remembering your dreams is to aim for lucid dreaming, and expand your consciousness.

I think we have all had those long boring dreams before practicing LD ing. I know that I have found that practicing LD ing has an effect on my ND making them more interesting.

Come to think of it, probably 50% of my dreams occur in school
:bored:

That should be a pretty good dream sign for you. :smile:

Hey guys, im back! You probably dont remember me, but I’m back!

Well, i’ve been doing well with remembering, but now the tides have turned completely opposite on me. Instead of easily remembering dreams on weekends, i cant remember anything! What happens is that i have so many dreams because i sleep in that when I wake up they are all fresh in my mind but at the same time. This causes a ‘dream overload’ and i cant pick details or anything from it.

Strange…

I remember you, LA. Welcome back. :smile:

Not sure I understand what you mean by “dream overload”. You recall so much that you don’t recall anything? (I could just be too tired to work that out…)

Maybe you could try letting go of the little details for now, and just focus on writing down the basic plot of your dreams as soon as you wake up. List some locations, characters and significant events, then build on that with more specific information if you can.

Can you describe the situation in a little more detail?

Well what happens is that i have so many dreams and since im not exactly brilliant at remembering they get all mixed up. When i try to write them down i keep on crossing stuff out or hesitating because I just know that thats not what happened in the dream at that time.

I dunno. Im weird that way. :cool:

Actually, I understand what you mean now. Occasioanlly I get multiple dreams mixed up if I don’t wake up a couple of times between them. I usually just write down what I can anyway, even if I don’t recall which dream the particular event was from.

I dont bother writing my dreams down when I wake up between them now, cos it stops me from either getting back to sleep or having vivid dreams later on. I do run them through while I’m going back to sleep thiough (which causes me to have 5 dreams in the same place/with the same theme). I don’t usually have any problems remembering them in the morning, but if I do I just go through the bits I can remember in detail ang go from there, mostly backwards.
Sometimes it’s really annoying because I’ll wake up in the morning and not be able to remember the first dream, and then an hoour later say, I’ll remember the first one, but I can’t remember the last one, it’s really funny(not at the time!)

The best way for me to remember dreams are to tell myself to wake up after each dream. And to write down a few words when I wake up in the night and write all my dreams down when I get up in the morning.

How do I fight that lazyness of mine?

The largest problem for me is getting myself to write the dreams down - I can’t help it. Somebody got an advice?

BareMig

You could record your dreams on tape. Then you can write them down later when you have time. As for help with lazyness. All I can tell you is that LD ing does take some effort on your part. If it is important enough to you you will do it. It is well worth it. Trust me.

Funny but I don’t tell myself anything except to have a lucid dream. I just wake up after every dream and I just write it down.

I don’t write my dreams down in the middle of the night anymore either but, I do write them down in the morning. When I wake in the middle of the night I do not want to stay up to long. I go right back to sleep to WILD. This way I can do WBTB with little disruption to my sleep. It works great for me because, I do remember my dreams in the morning.

I have the same problem :sad: My last proper lucid dream was in February. Since then I’ve not made much effort to write my dreams down.