Narcolepsy and lucid dreaming???

Hello people,

I have heard about narcolepsy before and i finally found out exactly what it is It is a not really desease but a syndrome in which a person spontaniously and uncontrollably falls DIRECTLY into REM sleep. This can be triggered by being extremely scared or laughing too hard. (you can find videos of this happening on youtube) It is not harmful unless suddenly falling asleep behind the wheel etc. But this gave me an idea. Lets say someone has narcolepsy and they always fall asleep when they laugh too hard. This person can use that to an advantage and perform a MILD and then they can laugh really hard, fall asleep, and LUCID DREAM!!! This is just my idea so comment if youd like. It is uncommon to have narcolepsy but still… Eventually narcolepsy may becalled Lucid dream desease :happy: jk hahha

It is not a disease, you can’t catch narcolepsy, it is a sleep disorder. Narcoleptics don’t have to laugh or be scared in order to experience an “episode”. There are plenty of other stimuli which can trigger such an event, it differs from person to person. But yes, it does create a certain advantage for those who are actively trying to lucid dream–narcoleptics can dream/lucid dream in just seconds (sometimes almost instantly) after falling asleep at any time of the day, whether it’s taking a five minute nap to a full eight hours of sleep. With that last part said, even without a triggering stimuli to create an “episode”, narcoleptics can still experience incredibly vivid dreams by going to sleep regularly; it is part of a list of symptoms in which a narcoleptic will often experience.

Addition: https://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/guide/narcolepsy This will give you a pretty good picture of what Narcolepsy is about.

Hmmm… I might think it would be pretty hard to achieve this. Like WriterCube said, there are hundreds of different things that could cause an episode and they come on quite suddenly so something like MILD or WILD could be difficult. However, with good awareness DILD could be a good way for them to induce an LD.