LD4all Quest 66: May: New Beginnings!

LD4all Quest 66: May: New Beginnings!

Each month, on LD4all :ld4all: we have a new Quest to explore your LD’s in a fun way.

Click here for a list of all the LD4all Quests
Click here to suggest a Quest yourself
Click here to add your own Quest travel log

New Beginnings

For those of you who don’t know, May is the anniversary month of LD4all. On May 25, 1996, pasQuale, on alt.dreams.lucid, officially announced the creation of “Through the Mirror - Beyond Dreaming”, LD4all’s first incarnation. She got the name from the times she had stepped through mirrors in her LD’s and her adventures within. All of the original artwork was hand drawn by her, and much of it was inspired by or taken directly from her dreams. Link: The History of LD4all.

But what might LD4all have been like if you had influenced it’s creation? Well, that’s what we’re going to find out this month! Go back in time to witness the creation of LD4all and help young pasQuale put it together. Maybe it was you who first gave her the original website’s format. Who knows? The creation of Through the Mirror and LD4all could actually rest on your shoulders!

To complete this Quest and earn your wings

• Become lucid :wink:
  • Travel back in time to young pasQuale.
  • Help influence the creation of LD4all in some way.
  • Optional: Return to the present and see how your actions have affected the current LD4all.

Please be very clear if you feel you have completed the Quest or want to try again - Q will only give wings if you feel you have been successfull in completing the Quest, the wings are a reward for yourself.

pasQuale will give everyone who earned it their wings at the end of this Quest, so please be patient

Preparations/Incubation
Before going to sleep or while doing your LD incubation technique (WILD/WBTB/MILD, etc):

• Set your mind for this Quest
  • In your mind, picture the event you want to change, whether it is helping design the site, giving Q her images or anything else you can think of.
  • Plan on how you are going to get there. Teleport, walk through a mirror, use a vehicle. etc. :tardis:

Post your attempts, whether you feel you succeeded or not, in this topic :smile:

last but not least: have fun everyone! :happy:

:peek: see what you get when a TimeLord comes up with an LD4all Quest?

needless to say I am very curious to read your dreams!

Woah! I was confused for a second, Rawrin you swiched places with Q! (I RCed)
This sounds interesting, I think I’ll get Q to put more stars at the side :cool: . hahaha

Subtract 2 years and 2 days and you have my birthday!

Here is my attempt. It contains Q, and a mirror, but i didn’t really finish the quest.

[spoiler]-I am trying to sleep. It is difficult, because of all the noisy people in the bedroom. Some are even sitting on my bed. It is very annoying, and talking to them doesn’t help at all. To not waste any time and energy on this, I leave the room and look for a different place to sleep.

Something makes me RC when I leave the room. It is a dream. I am actually asleep, that is a relief, because falling asleep took a long time. The corridor is painted light grey and has five doors. I want to do the LD4all quest, and say to myself that the first door to the left leads to the beginning of LD4all.

It opens into a storage room, full of various garden tools. The next door leads to the chat-classroom. Dragon and Q tell me about an experiment they had just thought up, about how expectations shape the dream world. ZRVera overhears it, and joins. We will say what we believe the doors lead to, and then open them to see. Dragon takes notes.

ZRVera doesn’t want to say what she expects, but will let us know if it matches. I open the door, and a foggy, greyscale landscape appears. She looks disappointed and throws something angrily into the fog. “It went grey”, somebody comments. The next door is Dragon’s. He says he would like to see the view from . Q opens the door, and I can’t see what is on the other side or what they write down. The final door, at the end of the corridor, has a plain mirror behind it. I look horribly distorted in it, and wake up.[/spoiler]

No wings this time :sad: But I loved your dream siiw :happy:

Next Quest coming up!

Don’t worry, Q, it’s just a sure sign that you didn’t need any help in creating this place :wink: