LD4all Quest 67: June: Meet Yourself!

Hmm… haven’t we done a similar quest before? Maybe that one was giving advice to yourself, but I may be wrong. This one I do like the sound of though, and might end up doing this one! I’ve always wondered how well I’d be able to get along with myself… and how long people could put up with two of me. :lmao:

I’m not really experienced with lucid dreaming, but I’ll give it a go :smile:
Some suggestions for films and series that could serve as inspiration:

Well, Writerscube is going to have this one easy.

Hey! I’ve always wanted a twin brother.

While dreaming, I’ve met myself from the other side of the mirror more than once, very easy to do it. That’s a good tip for you guys while trying to achieve that.

Btw, I wanted to say this in a Quest topic for weeks:

yes, I know it’s not a lucid challenge… anyway.

Why now? I would love to do this one, but still haven’t been able to achieve lucidity. But hell, might as well try tonight.

Clone, prepare to meet your-

… Um…

Basis?

well togro, you can combine it with your current LD goal, since your clone basically is your subconscious :smile:

Interesting. I’ve tried finding myself sleeping in bed before, but it was empty. Would be cool to find yourself in a LD and wake yourself up, then leave with yourself and come back later and do it all over again to get even more clones. :tongue:

I’ve been putting “I will meet myself” into my mantra. Nothing has happened yet, but I am still trying!

Hehe, we’d both be busy analyzing each other or fighting to see if it’s possible for two completely equally powered and intelligent opponents to defeat each other. Either way it sounds fun XD

We would pretend to be the same person and live two lives simultaneously!

Wouldn’t it be cool if your other you would be so convincing that you actually start doubting yourself whether you are the real you or your clone is the real you. :grin:

been having vivid dreams every night for the past few weeks, had LD 's when i was young, years ago, but recently have been getting back into it. dusted off my old dream journal, read all my old dreams and couldnt help but get back into it. it gave me tingles! i will try hard to meet my clone, tonight… “Barimore Strong Reiss” goes lucid and finds himself in the deepest darkest spot in his subconscious… and light the room, then find out what makes this guy tick!

-Quest Accepted!

-Barimore Strong Reiss

-Chasing Dreams

Then the other clone wakes up and takes over your real body :razz: that would be scary…

:grin:

I was about to post a comment on those two episodes, but thought I’d read down the other posts first. Turns out maybe FiXato is also a Doctor Who fan. Get your inspiration from these?

EDIT: Oh, and the current season is 32. It’s also, and more commonly, called series 6, not season 6. The Classic Series ended sometime before the second millenium at season 26. Then in 2005, they started it back up with Series 1 or season 27. Just thought I should let you know. Confused the hell out of me when I first heard about it. :tongue:

/me RC’s (reality checks)
/me C’s R (checks reality).
/me AC’s (awardnes checks)
/me is still not sure weather this is a dream or not… :meh:

I wanted to propose a LD4all Quest for June myself. I didn’t have time though… I wanted to propose the following thing: “Meet yourself”. What do I see ?
[size=150][b]

[/b][/size]
Honestly, I am not joking. It’s exactly what I had in mind…

/me C’s R again. :meh:

Mostly yeah. :smile: Or rather, the discussion that flowed from the first episode. :smile:

I know of the existence of the Classic series (and an slowly watching all available of them). However, most people on here will probably started following it from the New Series, which is why I used that numbering. :smile:
The difference is season/series terminology is a matter of preference imho. Some use ‘series’ just as an indication of the entire series, and not just a season, so I tend to stick with ‘season’. :smile:

Yeah. I’m just angry I have to wait til fall to see the next new episode.

Oh yeah… I almost forgot.

I EARNED MY WINGS!

Yeah! I did it! Here’s the linky.

My first completed quest! Yipee!

[center]

Congratulations

Scipio Xaos

for earning your wings with this Quest! :yay:

:boogie: :boogie:

and well done for everyone who tried but didn’t succeed this time! :smile:
[/center]

This Quest is now officially over. You are ofcourse free to still do this Quest at your leisure, and post in this topic about your results, but you can’t earn wings anymore by completing it.

Another opportunity to earn your wings in the next Quest! :smile:

I’m not having LD’s yet, but it would be interesting if your clone would act like from first movie of Matrix. You know:
When you go to sleep he goes to work, and you just mess around in dream world when he is working there. When you wake up he is messing you around as SC.

THAT would be scary thing/(sh*t).

When I will have LD’s, I think I will persuade my SC to revisit most of the interesting quests. (I will decide which are those interesting, just don’t tell it to my SC ^^)