Scared of Sleep Paralysis.HELP :'(

I had SP around 7 times in my life. 3 from when i was a child and had no idea what a LD were. then i didnt have SP for aageess until i discoverd LDing. that led to 4 more times of SP., so i gave up LDing altogether

2 years later,( 3 days ago), I decided to do LDing again because i totally forgot about SP, and i rememberd how much i loved LDs and i really wanted to do it again.
The night b4 last night I succeeded and had 3 LD’s in that night :happy: I was SO happy with myself.
Last night, i couldnt wait to LD. But THEN…i remembered SP. I got terrified. So terrified that i couldn’t sleep. everytime i did drift off tho, i would wake up immedietely cus i felt something touch me, and my eyes would see a figure and my body woudnt be able to move for 2 seconds.
This happened almost EVERYtime i tried to sleep… until i eventually fell asleep :sleeping:

I still feel like i have that fear of SP.
But i really want to be able to LD with no fuss or fear :cry: actually, now its more a matter of even falling asleep without being scared of SP…

Is there anything to do or a way to stop being scared? I tried to relax last night, which i thought was working, but thats when i felt the thing on my shoulder.

Its honestly so scary and so annoying.
i want to sleep :bored:

Just remember that it isn’t real and you’ll be fine. Nothing can hurt you in SP.

Also, did you know that you can change what hallucinations you are seeing. :smile: So you could change that figure into a family member or an angel. Though I don’t know if you can still WILD from that…

Here’s a link :smile:

Think of SP as something that happens every single night, you’re just too asleep to notice it. When attempting to LD, you become a little more awake when it settles in, and you’re not used to that, which is why it is scary.

But just keep in mind that SP is not just OK, it’s also as common as sleeping. You just don’t remember it :wink:

I mostly enjoy in SP, but if it’s uncomfortable for you try another sleeping position, the most common information about getting SP is sleeping on your back and that is position that is not good for me, but if I sleep on my belly it’s another story, I dare to say even great and awesome…

Thanx guys :smile: that rly helps.

Is there any way of LDing but not having SP? Or does it always happen no matter what you do? Is sleeping on your belly a defenate way of stopping it? But I heard it’s better to try to LD on your back :confused:

SP comes quicker if you’re on your back, but since my LDs have always been DILD, I’d have to say you should do it in the position you find most comfortable sleeping in.

SP isn’t necessary, its just makes things easier, because if you’re on SP you can just “walk into” your imagination and your body will stay still. If you’re too scared of it, you can try MILD or something similar, and just fall asleep normally.

Laying on my belly doesn’t stop the SP but only makes it enjoyable. We do experience SP every night but the difference is if we are aware of it or not. Just like with dreams, either we are aware that we are dreaming or we are not! If you just fall a sleep without paying attention on your body I believe that you won’t feel SP and later in a dream you can realize that you are dreaming, that is called DILD, and there is another tech that is very great, some kind of a short WILD it’s called DEILD, when practicing this tech some experience SP some don’t, in my case I became lucid that way and never feel SP…

Hope this helps! Good luck!

when you feel something “touch” you dont imagine it as someone touching you but rather as that part of your body falling asleep might help :smile: