Dream fears vs. Waking fears

Last night in an ND I was crossing a catwalk without any handrails. There was plenty of space to cross, but as I crossed I had a serious fear of the height. I even thought to myself that I would be fine if only it was a dream, but I was too preoccupied trying to not fall.

I don’t have a major fear of heights in RL. I was wondering, have any of you also felt random fears in dreams that they don’t have while awake?

I just read a biography of H.P. Lovecraft (who is said to be a biographist’s dream, because of his volumous correnpondence, photographic memory, and detailed acconts of daily activites to friends) that most of his tales were attempts to control his frequent nightmares by putting them on paper.

Curiously, even though most of them came from actual phobias of his (such as the ocean, vast enclosed spaces such as caves, and xenophobia), the actual pure sense of dread and terror (as he put it) wasn’t there when he woke up and started writing.

yeah i think sometimes i do… but i would have to double check in my DJ . But ive noticed sometimes in dreams — my fears are gone , or rather i ignore them- for example. In one dream i was yelling yes we won we won! in the dream we had won a baseball game but then a kid on the other team yelled no you didnt! and he shoved me. Normally in real life if i was shoved or pushed i would be mad and kinda scared too but in the dream i just smiled and walked away

I somtimes feel fear of heights in my dreams although i don’t fear heights IRL. I had this dream recently, where I was standing on a helipad at an oil-rig, pretty high up. And I was terrified! I was so afraid of falling that laid down and dug my fingers through the grating, holding on for dare life. I haven’t thought about it, but it’s kinda strange