Written Journal vs Online Journal

About a month ago I got back into recording my dreams and began doing so on my online journal, here at LD4all, making no physical records. Before I get too into LDing again I thought i’d see if it would be worthwhile doubling my recording and doing so both in a physical journal and an online one.

What are the advantages of keeping a physical journal?

I don’t fully understand all of the implications. I don’t think that anyone really does, but the largest difference is that with a physical journal you can keep it right next to you as you sleep. This means you don’t have to move far or wait for your computer to boot up to begin recording the dream. This will prevent any loss of your memories that might happen in the meantime. I’ve have read some authors and experts who claim that the physical act of writing the journal is important for increased dream recall in the future, for what that is worth.

i keep a paper journal. it’s much better for me since i sometimes write down my dreams in the middle of the night. at that time, i can’t switch the PC one cause i’d wake everyone, plus the light’s bad for you if you wanna go back to sleep, and you have to wait till it loads too. and with a paper one it’s really fast. plus it won’t get lost if your topic crashes or something. keeping a real journal on LD4all gets hard cause people comment a lot, and then it’s not only your dreams, it’s a conversation.
and all in all, i just really like actually writing on real paper :razz: plus it doesn’t keep me up, and a computer surely would. also sometimes when i wake up, a lot of the dream fades if i get out of bed. i can write in my paper DJ without doing that.