Was this a lucid dream?

Hey guys, weee, second post…
Anyhow, last night I had what I think was my first lucid dream. It basically went like this: I remember meeting a person I know (in some sort of weird location, but I can’t recall what or where it was), and talking to her about how I was dreaming at that moment. I wasn’t lucid at that point, but it happened shortly after: I met another person and told him I was dreaming as well, and then it struck me. From then on I only remember yelling something like: “Oh my god, I’m in a lucid dream!” and then I woke up from excitement. What’s troubling me is wether I was actually lucid or just dreamed that I was lucid dreaming. I did wake up from excitement, however, which leads me to believe that I was in fact lucid. Because usually I don’t wake up from anything but nightmares, and it really wasn’t a nightmare. So yeah. Lot o’ words… sorry about that.
So yeah. Any input on this? Do you think that from now on it’ll be easier for me to lucid dream? Thanks :content:

Yep, it was a lucid dream. The excitement did wake you up though. Next time try to stay calm. :wink:

Well, it was hard to stay calm because I couldn’t really control what was going on and stuff. And my actions were kind of involuntary…
But yeah, thanks :content:
I’ll try to stay calm next time :happy:

Yeah that was definitely a LD !
Now you just need to work on your self-control, I have the same problem actually …

If anyone got a good way of keeping your self-control that would be cool to share :happy:

to keep an LD stable, there are lots of techniques you can use. My favoirte, and the one I use the most is, you can spin around,and for some reason this keeps you anchored to the dream world. It works really well. good luck on all your next lucid dream!