EN \ NL \ FR
Current Wings Quest 116
Interview!
print ShareShare 

The Lucid Dreaming Wall (mainly for new members)

Page 3 of 4Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Author  Message 
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Rhewin has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
Chat Mods
Scribes
LD count: 349
Location: In the not too distant future... somewhere in time and space

PostPosted: Thu 24 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Keep it on your mind, Sander and actively question the world around you! Those dreams will eventually come. Even if you give up now, those seeds are planted and the chances of you having an LD someday have already greatly gone up. Once you get that first LD, it'll all make sense ^^

Current LD goal(s): Defeat Xander in our lucid duel!
Sander
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: Yeeeeeeeesss!

PostPosted: Thu 24 Feb, 2011  Reply with quote

Ah that sounds quite encouraging.
I'll keep trying every night, I'm really excited actually, but I try not to get too excited, because if I do get a lucid dream I don't want to snap out it.
Today has been quite a good day, I was constantly thinking about dreaming (I was actually daydreaming about it tounge2)
And wondering what happens if I did this or what if I do that.

Current LD goal(s): Trying hard to get one more lucid dream.
KauaiDreamer
Aiming for the stars
Dream Deity
KauaiDreamer has successfully completed an LD4all Quest!
LD count: 43

PostPosted: Sat 05 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

Thanks for the post Rhewin you have just lost the game
It was also a good read for those of us that have had LDs but hit a dry spell.
Funny how not having been lucid for almost 2 months can hit you hard and make you feel like a newb again smile.
I have to agree with the going to bed early thing, I have not been able to do that for a while now, too much going on work-wise. Stress is also a deterring factor I found out. Still in my mind I should be able to become lucid even though I don't sleep enough, but nope, no go so far. Oh well, I should be able to take it easy pretty soon. you have just lost the game

Current LD goal(s): ~get better at making a healing energy sphere, conquer doubt, fear & negativ
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Sat 05 Mar, 2011  Reply with quote

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, Kauai. I haven't had an LD in almost a month now, which has really set me back. Mind you, hosting the LC did that to me last time too.

catdreamer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 so far

PostPosted: Thu 16 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

I was into LD for while but then got bored and quit. What really threw me back on to track was this really amazing dream, which I won't go into here but I will say that I'm not forgetting it any time soon. Anyways, I wrote down my dream in my DJ and read some of my old dreams. Then my interest sort of grew and I'm back on this site trying to LD. Although I have noticed that after the huge time space my DR has gotten amazing, anywhere from 2-4 dreams/fragments a night.

Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

Glad to hear you got your interest back, catdreamer ^^

Like I said, taking interest in your ND's can help a whole lot with the boredom and frustration. Good luck with your new quest!

O_oNevermore
Lucid Initiate
Lucid Initiate
LD count: Weekly

PostPosted: Mon 20 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

Haha I could have used this post a few days ago. I had my first Lucid dream this mourning and it took me 12 days of trying different methods with different mindsets, I almost gave up...

But when I read posts of other Noobs (and posts similar to this one, Thanks by the way tounge2 ) just explaining their situation, it just motivates me. This is just how I think I did it:

The first 9 days or so I tried HARD, trying every technique I could read about, doing RC's every 30 seconds, retracing my steps, napping in the day. Then I started reading "Lucid Dreaming in 30 Days." and I also got really tired of trying too hard. So I just relaxed, and in this book at day one it just encouraged me to just suggest to myself that I am going to remember the dream - and just relax and drift off to sleep like any other night. That night I made more progress than I had made the whole week.

Early this mourning I just woke up (I smelled something burning) then I walked around for a bit and went back to sleep. And I had my first lucid dream.

I just want to say I am glad a site like LD4ALL exists I give you guys full credit for my LD. THanks smile tumbsuplinkswitteduim

Current LD goal(s): Lengthen lucid dreams
Starlet
LD count: 1 :)

PostPosted: Sat 25 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

Thanks you a lot for posting this up, as most people know LD'ing can be very hard and challenging, and sometimes it seems much easier to give up then to keep on trying, but it's post like these, and actually this whole forum that keeps me going and stop me from giving up, I'm so happy I found this website, and thank you for the tips, things have already gone much better since I stopped stressing about having a lucid dream, when I was trying really hard I couldn't even remember my dreams, but now that I'm relaxing I can remember all my dreams in pretty good details ( except for some reason the faces of people that I don't know explicitly in the real world,) anyways just wanted to say thanks again smile

Current LD goal(s): longer LD, more control.
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Sun 26 Jun, 2011  Reply with quote

O_oNevermore and Starlet: I'm glad this article and community has helped you with motivation. Just remember to take it easy and have fun with it ^^

DreamscapeAdventurer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

Newbie Here...
PostPosted: Wed 28 Sep, 2011  Reply with quote

I find the subject and world of lucid dreams to be so fascinating that I think if I didn't have a lucid dream in the next year I would still find it interesting enough to keep trying and keep reading up on techniques and other people's experiences. But, then again, I've always been the type of person who likes the process almost more than I like the actual outcome wink But yeah, I am definitely not going to try the more complicated techniques at first. Right now I am just trying stuff like dream incubation, MILD, counting, and basically just filling my mind with as much stuff about lucid dreams as I can so that my mind will be more ready to notice that I am dreaming and then become lucid. I need to start committing more to dream journals and doing my reality checks though. But yeah, thanks for the advice and I hope that I am one of the dreamers who sticks around for a while, because this is all really cool stuff!

Dream Adventurously,

- Dreamscape Adventurer

Current LD goal(s): To have more vivid dreams, to be able to remember more dreams, more lucid dreams
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

Thanks and good luck to you ^^

If you manage to keep your motivation up and your thoughts on lucid dreaming, it will happen. I noticed you also read Waggoner's The Secret of Frequent Lucid Dreamers... that's probably the best way to get lucid dreams, it may just take some time to sink in.

DreamscapeAdventurer
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 4

Thanks Rhewin!

Yeah, I definitely found that article helpful/interesting and I am going to try to implement what I learned from it to hopefully get more lucid dreams. This website has definitely been very helpful thus far!

Current LD goal(s): To have more vivid dreams, to be able to remember more dreams, more lucid dreams
Amythest444
Fantasy Dreamer
Lucid Initiate
LD count: 17

I was one of those noobs who dived right into WILD XD. But instead of not getting it after at least a month or so, it only took 2 weeks, and it was when I was going to bed too! XD I did however keep a dream journal, did RCs, and stuff like that. (Funny thing is I had maybe 10 lucid dreams (in the same month!) before I got my first WILD)

Current LD goal(s): laying on the clouds and gazing at the sky -sigh-
Rhewin
Who is The Doctor?
Local Moderator
Chat Mods
Scribes

PostPosted: Thu 29 Sep, 2011  Reply with quote

I'm aware of a few people who managed to get WILD pretty quickly. It's all about finding the right balance to make it work for you ^^

Shaner04
Novice dreamer
Novice dreamer
LD count: 1 (barely)

PostPosted: Thu 13 Oct, 2011  Reply with quote

Rhewin wrote:
Once you get that first LD, it'll all make sense ^^

For some reason when I saw this phrase it really stuck into my head and gave me motivation. I am sure I have gained lucidity for probably 2 seconds but I woke up and was super excited even though it was really quick. The thought of maintaining that for a while is very motivating. Thanks again for the wise words Rhewin. smile

Current LD goal(s): Maintain my lucid dream for a while.
Page 3 of 4Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

print   ShareShare