Blindness

Blindness seems to be a recurring factor in my lucid/vurging on lucid dreams. Im perfectly alert, my eyes feel open, and frustratingly I cant see a thing! Sometimes I can even feel the dream environment around me, but all I see is blackness or a weird haze.
Has anyone else experienced this?

I’ve only had it occasionally and in the dream it was usually explained as a power cut.
It’s quite a good dreamsign though, since it’s quite easy to train to recognise. You can practise closing your eyes and ‘pretending’ you’re blind and responding by doing a RC. Or any time if you’re in a dark room, you can practise an RC.

Interesting, thank you! I could definitely use it as a dream sign.

Any ideas how to break free from it though?

I recently had a lot of dreams (and LDs), in which my vision either faded out or simply shut off at once. I always thought i would wake up from that, but i continue to dream blindly. I then either use my hands and feel around, or i get a basic feeling of where i am, by listening to the environment, the sound the floor makes when i walk, and how the floor feels.
I also usually go on all fours if this happens, so i can feel with my feet and hands too.
Also interesting is the fact, that i kind of see an image of my surroundings - not really seeing, more imagining. it kinda looks like the ambient occlusion effect on 3d-models.
at those spots where different polygons get close to each other, darkness is applied.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]
allthough its inverted (its usually black and dark blue), it looks really weird. It feels as if i would see with my ears and hands.

Without much thinking about it, it goes away itself after some time.

Thank you :smile: That was really helpful!

Blindness or a major lack of lighting often occurs at the beginning of LD’s for me (moreso in FA’s). Making my way outside invariably clears it up in pretty much most cases. Prising my eyes’s open if they’re closed has often fixed the problem for me as well.

This has happened to me too, although probably not as much as Mimmo_O. Usually i try to imagine the surroundings, and some of the times it does help and it comes back. Also, one time my eyes started shutting down, blacking out. But then i realized that i don’t need eyes to see in a dream, cause i’m not seeing through them either way. And the sight returned to me right away, just as i realized this.

I’ve heard it is very helpful to simply walk away & the vision will form more around you.

Try to imagine that your blindness is caused by a curtain or something like that. Try to imagine your blindness as it if were made from a material, i.e. a piece of paper. When you realise that, you will be able to act with that blindness. Try to rip it off, tear it into pieces etc. Then throw it into a trash bin or destroy it in another way. Imagine yourself doing it before actually trying. If you feel confident and have sufficent dream control, you should get your sight back.
Another method works if you are using glasses in real life. When you feel blind in your dream, try to find your glasses in your pocket and put them on.
You may also think of your own creative way of solving it. A good idea would be to take a pill from your pocket, which would make your sight come back. Remember to imagine it before doing it and believe that the expected results will happen.
Good luck in getting your sight back :smile:

“any way to break free from it?”
well, it’s a lucid dream- so you can do anything. try closing your eyes and saying “the world around me is as clear as day” and then open your eyes. hope this helps!

I’ve actually had my first problems with this recently. First it was partial blindness when trying to read clocks for RC’s. Then it was a blindness that would fade in and out within the dream, usually as I got excited. When my vision would fade, I tried to feel around with my mind(almost like seeing energy fields or whatever you would call it).

There is also something called Astral blindness, but can’t remember too many details right now.