The Lucid Dreaming Wall (mainly for new members)

Yeah, I know exactly what you mean, Kauai. I haven’t had an LD in almost a month now, which has really set me back. Mind you, hosting the LC did that to me last time too.

I was into LD for while but then got bored and quit. What really threw me back on to track was this really amazing dream, which I won’t go into here but I will say that I’m not forgetting it any time soon. Anyways, I wrote down my dream in my DJ and read some of my old dreams. Then my interest sort of grew and I’m back on this site trying to LD. Although I have noticed that after the huge time space my DR has gotten amazing, anywhere from 2-4 dreams/fragments a night.

Glad to hear you got your interest back, catdreamer :content:

Like I said, taking interest in your ND’s can help a whole lot with the boredom and frustration. Good luck with your new quest!

Haha I could have used this post a few days ago. I had my first Lucid dream this mourning and it took me 12 days of trying different methods with different mindsets, I almost gave up…

But when I read posts of other Noobs (and posts similar to this one, Thanks by the way :razz: ) just explaining their situation, it just motivates me. This is just how I think I did it:

The first 9 days or so I tried HARD, trying every technique I could read about, doing RC’s every 30 seconds, retracing my steps, napping in the day. Then I started reading “Lucid Dreaming in 30 Days.” and I also got really tired of trying too hard. So I just relaxed, and in this book at day one it just encouraged me to just suggest to myself that I am going to remember the dream - and just relax and drift off to sleep like any other night. That night I made more progress than I had made the whole week.

Early this mourning I just woke up (I smelled something burning) then I walked around for a bit and went back to sleep. And I had my first lucid dream.

I just want to say I am glad a site like LD4ALL exists I give you guys full credit for my LD. THanks :smile: :good:

Thanks you a lot for posting this up, as most people know LD’ing can be very hard and challenging, and sometimes it seems much easier to give up then to keep on trying, but it’s post like these, and actually this whole forum that keeps me going and stop me from giving up, I’m so happy I found this website, and thank you for the tips, things have already gone much better since I stopped stressing about having a lucid dream, when I was trying really hard I couldn’t even remember my dreams, but now that I’m relaxing I can remember all my dreams in pretty good details ( except for some reason the faces of people that I don’t know explicitly in the real world,) anyways just wanted to say thanks again :smile:

O_oNevermore and Starlet: I’m glad this article and community has helped you with motivation. Just remember to take it easy and have fun with it :content:

I find the subject and world of lucid dreams to be so fascinating that I think if I didn’t have a lucid dream in the next year I would still find it interesting enough to keep trying and keep reading up on techniques and other people’s experiences. But, then again, I’ve always been the type of person who likes the process almost more than I like the actual outcome :wink: But yeah, I am definitely not going to try the more complicated techniques at first. Right now I am just trying stuff like dream incubation, MILD, counting, and basically just filling my mind with as much stuff about lucid dreams as I can so that my mind will be more ready to notice that I am dreaming and then become lucid. I need to start committing more to dream journals and doing my reality checks though. But yeah, thanks for the advice and I hope that I am one of the dreamers who sticks around for a while, because this is all really cool stuff!

Dream Adventurously,

• Dreamscape Adventurer

Thanks and good luck to you ^^

If you manage to keep your motivation up and your thoughts on lucid dreaming, it will happen. I noticed you also read Waggoner’s The Secret of Frequent Lucid Dreamers… that’s probably the best way to get lucid dreams, it may just take some time to sink in.

Yeah, I definitely found that article helpful/interesting and I am going to try to implement what I learned from it to hopefully get more lucid dreams. This website has definitely been very helpful thus far!

I was one of those noobs who dived right into WILD XD. But instead of not getting it after at least a month or so, it only took 2 weeks, and it was when I was going to bed too! XD I did however keep a dream journal, did RCs, and stuff like that. (Funny thing is I had maybe 10 lucid dreams (in the same month!) before I got my first WILD)

I’m aware of a few people who managed to get WILD pretty quickly. It’s all about finding the right balance to make it work for you ^^

For some reason when I saw this phrase it really stuck into my head and gave me motivation. I am sure I have gained lucidity for probably 2 seconds but I woke up and was super excited even though it was really quick. The thought of maintaining that for a while is very motivating. Thanks again for the wise words Rhewin. :smile:

when i heard about LDing i tried WILD but yesterday i didn’t do anything to get a LD and then somewheere in the night i woke up, i heard my cat spinning and somehow it thaught “Let’s do a RC” i did the nose RC and i could still breath and then the excitement won and i lost the dream.

Brings back memories… lol

that was helpful
ty

I agree, a lot of beginners tend to rely too much on techniques, and often lack confidence in themselves.
They also forget to appreciate the normal dreams, which in fact are necessary in order to even begin a lucid dream.
They also need to understand that goals are extremely important - “a lucid dream” isn’t a goal at all, you need to be much more specific than that.
What exactly do you want to do in the lucid dream?

And most importantly - the quest for lucid dreams should always feel exciting[/i], not stressful.

I started a DJ when i was around 16 just for the interest of better DR (i’m 27 now).
Later i got interested in LD’s and so now and then i had them, sometimes a few times a week. Most of the time spontanious and often with a RC after cause i was doubting to much. Only when things change in your life it can be hard to keep motivated to keep dreaming. I thought it was a lot of work after a while to keep writing in my DJ. So now and then i tried to pick it up again but often failed.
Now i want to do another attempt and lately it’s getting better, my DR is improving slightly and i allready had a LD again.
Anyway, ND’s are really nice, and for the ones with poor DR, the better your DR gets the nicer ND will be. It’s like the field of vision get’s a bigger angle when DR improves.
The main reason i picked it up again is because it feels like i loose a part of myself if i’m not into dreaming.
And i don’t care much for LD’s atm, it’s nice to have them but i just want to go back to remembering insane much.
Also i bet there are people that probably gave up when they even had a LD but they didn’t know cause they had poor DR. I sometimes had during the day that i realized i had a LD the night before.
Also if your new, there are ways to control excitement, but if you never had a LD i wouldn’t try them. I guess it’s better to wake up in the beginning so you atleast know the thrill of it :smile:

I haven’t experienced LDs but i’ve never given up trying. I think this is because I have list of lucid goals - things I plan to do and achieve when i’m lucid. I’m up to about 30 at the moment, but the thought of being able to do some of them just keeps me wanting to have a lucid dream.

I had a DILD last night. As soon as I became lucid I stepped out of this house and onto a beach. I saw two shimmering figures in the distance and couldn’t make up my mind about which one to go to. I rubbed my hands to intensify the experience although I am probably guilty of not doing it for long and doing it for the sake of appearances. I made up my mind and glided towards a female form. I had sex with this character before waking up.

I which I had prolonged the experience though and I should have had a plan of action that doesn’t involve Freudian impulses. Having a plan of action helps when an oneironaut is in the lucid state. It avoids hesitation and lucid dream collapse.

Well my advice would be your second paragraph but you figure it all :content:. I have to say that I’m not much of a fan when it comes to a sex in lucid dream. But those things happened only when I wasn’t lucid enough or when I don’t have a particular goal, then sex looks like a good choice…