Placebo effect in songs

Do these sound files use a placebo effect?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Don’t go to the site from which they are from yet.

Ok this experiment is pretty simple. We are going to be using the demo sound files from http://lucidquest.com/dwnld.html

The purpose is to discover if these songs accuratly work, or if they are a placebo to induce certain effects. The songs are below. Here’s what to do.

Don’t go to the site from which they are from yet.

Click on song 1 and put headphones on. Listen to the song while sitting and trying to focus on the song and nothing else. (no watching tv or typing on the computer)

When you finish listening just write down any effects or feelings the song made you have.

Do this for as many of the songs as you feel the need for.

After you write down the effects, now go to the site they are from and compare the effects you noticed with the effects they claim the songs will give you.

Post up here the effects each song gave you before you read on the site what it was supposed to do.

Then listen again, and post the effects it gave you after knowing and thinking over what it is supposed to do.

Song 1

Song 2

Song 3

Song 4

Song 5

Thats all there is to it. We’ll see what happens.

Two final things:

1. Please go to the menu at the top of the browser window and turn the status bar off if it is on. Alternatively, turn away while you click on the link.

2. Please don’t read responses beyond this point if you intend to take part in the experiment.

SPACER-- don’t scroll down if you intend to take part in the experiment!

I’m not sure if this is placebo or not… I tried 1 and 3. for 1, at first I got a feeling of something ominous and forboding(sp?) but then relaxation. relaxation is mentioned on the description on the site, but in a list of other things.

for 3, I did feel rather alert and creativeish, exactly like it said on the site. I would have tried more but didn’t have the time.

Out of interest Lucid Sky Dreams, how did you creat a poll?

I did kinda feel like they said, but I’ve never been one to be able to drift away with the music, I over analise and imagine things that could happen and my mind buzzes(Bipolar) I hate it, I do it with my own music. I always felt more on edge and aware than they said and I felt kinda, wierdly energised listening to the last 4…dunno though, they didn’t say much that could really be disagreed with!