Hypnagog Pictures

Hello!
I’m new here, but I’m practicing and learning lucid dreaming for a while (1-2 years). My first lucid dream was when I was 13 years old (now I’m 15 ). I have found my favorite technique, the WILD. I’m practicing this technique but I have a huge problem…
I never had hypnagog pictures. Sure, I have, but I never see them… Sometimes it happens that I still lucid for hours, but I see the big nothing. A few days ago, I meditated with a custom binaural beats and after 30 minutes, I saw a bright, purple starry sky. But only for 4-5 seconds, because I focused on the picture. I’ve never seen any hypnagog pictures (like that starry sky) before, and I didn’t know what should and what shouldn’t I do. My question is… How can I make the hypnagog pictures much brighter, more frequent, and sharper?

Oh, and sorry for my english, I don’t speak english very well…

WILD is a technique without strict rules. It is different for everyone. Some people, who do WILD see all the hallucinations, feel sleep paralysis, hear hypnagogic sounds etc., some don’t feel/see anything at all and go straight to the dream. The objective of WILD isn’t to see hallucinations, but to induce a lucid dream. As long as it does that, you should not bother about seeing anything else than that :smile:. WILD works best when you don’t concentrate at the pictures, just relax and it should hopefully induce you a lucid dream. If you concentrate too much on getting hallucinations/sleep paralysis it will not work.

Thanks! :smile: But I don’t know, what should I do then. I never had a success WILD before, and I don’t know, what make I wrong… I just relaxing, and relaxing, and relaxing… and I fall asleep without lucidity, or I stay awake…

It’s a hard technique and I have often problems with it too. I did WILD successfully only 2 times. The key is to find a middle between being awake and being asleep. You don’t want to think, concentrate very much as this will prevent your body from falling asleep. However, you don’t want to get so relaxed and forget everything that you lose consciousness and fall asleep normally either. This will come with time and practice. When you are doing WILD, try not to think about HI, SP, HS etc. If you start thinking like “Now the HI is starting to appear, now I got sleep paralysis, The dream should start forming in a few minutes etc…” you will most likely fail the WILD attempt. Try to make your mind as clear as possible. Be relaxed, but don’t lose your consciousness. Don’t think about your physical body, as the point of WILD is to forget your IRL body, but stay conscious. WILD is really different for everyone, so you should try practicing and with time you will succeed. Remember, that even though you fail your WILD attemt and fall asleep, there is a slight chance that you will have a lucid dream :smile: Good luck.

I actually got the EXACT same thing :content:. I’m sitting there for like an hour & all of a sudden I got a starry sky but I got to excited, & it faded away. So you should probably just try to relax as much as possible & watch the HI passively as the dream forms. I haven’t successfully WILDed yet but soon :tongue:. One technique that has really helped me is counting & visualization. Particularly counting, “1, I’m dreaming, 2, I’m dreaming,” while visualizing a white spherical ball in front of your forehead.

I tried a bit of WILD’ing today when I tried to get a nap. Failed both, because there was a lot of noise in environment (mostly my brother + PC).
But the first minute I saw a strange thing: something like branches which appears out of blackness only when some light keeps going brighter and then darker again. If I remember it correctly the brightening cycle was 2 times longer then the breathing cycle. It was quite difficult, because when I saw the branch/light thing my eyes were fixed in a top right position and it felt as if I was looking at the branch thing. That alone distracted me few times, then after I centered my eyes for comfort, it nearly disappeared and since I wasn’t getting to fall a sleep from the noises I tried checking if the branch thing wasn’t caused because of my eyes opening. It wasn’t, the ceiling was solid colored.

Anyone experience something similar, especially the light thing?

try to WILD during a nap. it might work for you. it was very different for me during a nap.
i also try to concentrate on the blackness and on my empty mind. it’s quite hard, because you have to stay conscious but at the same time think of nothing.