Supplements

So, right to the point, melatonin really works?
What other supplements do you people recommend too?

Melatonin never really worked out too well for me. I started taking memory aid supplements like ginko and Vinpocetine. Vinpocetine is specifically for the part of the brain that controls memory

And try choline. it improves brain function and cell regeneration, plus most people dont get the recommended amount of it usually

Double posts merged together… if you want to add to what you said, you can use the “edit” button in the upper right corner :tardis:

I never really noticed a difference in dream recall with melatonin although it did slightly help me fall back to sleep after taking other supplements when I used very small amounts of it (0.1mg to 0.5mg). I have learned that taking over 0.5mg of melatonin can actually keep me awake even more, but everyone is different so you would have to see how it works out for you. I use it in combination with 5-HTP before bed as it works as a REM sleep suppressor for vivid dreams later in the night.

Hmm, I see…
What about Galantamine and choline? There are some sites that sells supplements of those things and there are some pretty high success rate… Have anyone there tryed this out?

I also take Galantamine & Choline with Alpha GPC. It works every time so I know its not placebo & I always have very long & very vivid dreams. It brings on HI very quickly so I imagine its great for WILDing which I’ll be trying next time. I’ve only gotten lucid one time with it but it got ruined because I spinned & the dream scene changed & I lost focus. But I’ve only used it 3 times so far & the dreams are usually bizarre but awesome to me :content:. I usually take 5-HTP & Melatonin before bed & WBTB after 5 hours. Then I take 8 mg of Galantamine & 420 mg of Choline with 600 mg of Alpha GPC. Within that hour, I meditate while drinking a 3 & 2 bag mix of Celestial Seasoning Sleepytime Tea & Tension Tamer to give the supplements time to kick in. These supplements WILL keep you awake which is why I failed the first time trying Galantamine so the tea works really well. I got my info about all of these supplements & dosage recommendation from the book - Advanced Lucid Dreaming: The Power of Supplements, it really helps. I’m also not dependent on these supplements in any way & can naturally LD so regular practice is still needed unless you have a heightened awareness in RL. Visit my DJ & look at the dreams that have (GM) in the title for Galantamine :tongue:.

I’ve heard of melatonin being used as apart of sleep therapy for people that have sleep problems/disorders. I don’t exactly know if it’d increase your lding, but it could probably help you sleep easier.