Alkaline State? Please Help!

So, I was looking for help on how to better your chances of having an LD, and aparantly to have one at all you need to be in an “Alkaline State” which means drinking lots of water, eating really healthy and having no junk food, the latter (Junk food) is part of my lifestyle… I’m not fat or anything so I don’t see why I should stop, I just want to know if not eating vegetables every day or not drinking 2 litres of water daily will decrease my chances of LD, or is it all just state of mind?

I don’t think your LD’ing life will change by doing so, Freddo. As long as your lifestyle doesn’t affect your mind (talking about sickness and weak states of the body as a result) nothing should ‘shudder’ your changes of a LD.

What I suggest are a few minutes daily of meditation where you teach yourself the art of controlling your thoughts properly not by only seeing (imagining), but also mentally capturing the tactile, acoustic and olfactory senses plus an eventual emotional feeling of your surroundings.

I believe it’s exactly like you said: it’s all just a state of mind, with the mention that certain diseases/illnesses can influence it.

I remember the word alkaline from chemistry, as “alkaline metals”. What I can recall is that they are certain types of metals which are ‘softer’ (easier to manufacture) than others thus having a smaller density and melting temperature. I’ll stop now because I’m beginning to slowly leave the topic :tongue:.

The point is that I don’t know anything about this related to lucid dreaming, even though if you think of it, it might have some connection.

Long time no see, huh ? It was nice to see a post from you again :smile:.

Well thanks for that explination, how would I get into that daily relaxing, is it something you learn yourself or is there help on the topic?

And thanks :smile: Decided to give trying to LD a whack again :razz:

Even if there was a thread it couldn’t have helped you out too much. It’s something you have to practice and get better at by yourself. For example: imagine drinking something you like. Capture the feeling of holding the bottle/cup/dose in your hand. Feel if it’s warm or cold. Sense the smell (if any) and picture the movement to your lips. Then feel the taste of the liquid entering your mouth. [And so on…]

You’ll see that you will experience something. Be relaxed as you do this and focus on it. If you do it right and you kinda feel everything then you’ll see that you can’t get enough of it. Not that you’ll get addicted to this kind of meditation, but that by imagining doing things you like (and perhaps you can’t at the moment) you will feel a little bit of the pleasure.

Start with little things though :wink:

This sounds a lot like propaganda by those trying to push a specific perspective to me. There is no requirement for you to be some sort of higher life-form, or closer to god, or connected to the universe or whatever, to be able to lucid dream. It might be good for your body to watch what you eat sure and some things which harm your mental functioning will doubtless affect your dreams too, but it isn’t some magic that unlocks lucid dreaming, if somebody tells you that, they are probably trying to convert you to their point of view; not being rude to such people, but I’d be very careful with everything they tell you in that case. You can be a sinning, atheistic, criminal, who eats fast food every day, and it wouldn’t stop you lucid dreaming. Meditation and mental exercises might help you to gain additional discipline and aid you in getting lucid, but meditation is religiously independent and if you wish it, even lifestyle independent too. Meditation doesn’t mean you have to change how you live or what you believe unless you want to.

I’m going to have to agree with GreenDragon. Being healthy is certainly a good thing, and I don’t doubt that it can help your mind as well as body. However, in the end you are in control as to whether you are lucid or not. It breaks down to basic will and awareness (notice I said will, not want). From my personal experience, I wasn’t exactly super healthy last year and I still had almost 100 LD’s. Now I’m a bit healthier but my LD count has gone down. Sure, it looks like there is a link that proves the opposite of what you’re saying, but in the end it’s because I haven’t been as focused as of late. Take anything you hear with a grain of salt. There is no great secret and no Holy Grail of lucid dreaming. It’s all about you and your mindset.