Breakthrough! FINALLY!

Not saying I had an LD, but I had a breakthrough in trying to have one :happy:

Last night, I said my mantra as usual, and then tried to do WILD, but nothing happened, I couldn’t focus, so I went to sleep and set my alarm for 4 hours, I woke up, attempted WILD, but couldn’t focus, so I went to sleep, waking up 5 hours later, I got out of bed because I assumed I couldn’t use WILD after this long (gone out of REM) I went downstairs had a drink, went out the back, then decided to go back to bed because I was tired, and thought, well, i’ll give it a shot.

Heres what happened:
I had short 30 second bursts of forming dreams as I tried to sleep but focused on the flashes and shapes in my eyes, after a while, I had a REALLY big urge to roll over, but I didn’t, it was really intense, it was actually quite hard to resist it, I got a really anxious feeling, my heart was racing and I felt really excited, I decided to test out if I can look around the shapes in my eyes, so I looked left, BAM, my whole body felt like it moved left, looked right, the same, up and down, the same. It felt amazing, but I came to the conclusion that I wasn’t tired enough to continue as I just got stuck at this point.

What did I experience apart from HL, I could move my fingers, but it got harder and harder, I never reached a point when I couldn’t move at all.

I thought that too, but realized that in morning hours when I usually get up I take an hour more and then usually I have LD…

That is probably true, but try to plan this out for next day, try to wake up an hour or less earlier using auto suggestions or alarm[which I wouldn’t recommended because it could wake up you too much] and then try the same thing…

Interesting… I never heard of such an experience where one can ‘mentally’ move their body by moving their eyes. It’s really hard to continue the experience once your heart starts racing and you feel really excited. At that point everything would just come to normal and that would be it. What amazes me is the fact that after you got really excited you had that experience.

But still, I’m sure it was the excitement who killed your ‘trance’, your experience. Next time you’ll realise that you can control your excitement and calm down. When I also got the first times SP I got scared and snapped myself out of it. Now when I do I just let it be. I don’t pretty much feel anything. Don’t get me wrong, I’m not an expert in anything concerning lucid dreaming - just when I do (pretty rare) I simply lie down. Perhaps that’s not even a good thing, to be neutral about it, because most of the times the SP goes away itself.

Who knows, perhaps excitement is one of the many keys. Perhaps that’s the ‘fuel’ for the experience to continue… :meh:

I think you’re confusing WILD with DEILD. WILD can be done any time, it’s just a bit more difficult the more awake you are. Regardless, you did it just about right. The one mistake I would say that you made was moving your fingers. If you’re trying to hit SP, any movements can break your concentration and wake your body back up. You only go into SP because your mind thinks you’re asleep and it freezes your body. If you move like that, it’s confirmation that you are not asleep. Trust me when I say that when you hit SP, you will know it. But in any case, you’re certainly making good progress :content:

Thanks for the replies :happy:
I think it was the finger moving that killed it, because the exictement feeling came before the main part of the experience, the finger moving probably did kill it, because it did feel hard to move them but I could, I just felt that I needed to test if I was there or not, I’ll try not to next time :happy:
Going to attempt to do this again later and see what happens :smile:

Thanks for the help guys :smile:

As Rhewin said, try not to move physically, don’t do any tests like that, as that will most likely kill the WILD attempt. I would want to add one suggestion… It may be hard to do, but it will increase your chances: Do not think about anything that reminds you of your physical body and WILD. That includes, but is not limited to thinking about WILD, LD, Sleep Paralysis, HH etc. If you think about these, you will remember that you’re lying in your bed. That makes you feel your body and you will not fall asleep. The point of WILD is to forget your IRL body while keeping your consciousness. Good luck on your next WILD :smile: