What I have learned so far

I thought I would share some tips on what I’ve learned over the last few years, it will hopefully save some people some time and effort and make things a little easier.

Feel free to correct me, and add your own tips!

-Do WBTB, it makes LDing A LOT more likely, try and experiment and find out what works best for you, for me it is 6 - 7 hours after first going to bed

-Learn DEILD, if all else fails this is probably the easiest way of getting back into a dream, most likely a lucid one!

-MILD, DEILD, FILD and autosuggestion (coupled with WBTB of course!) are the easiest techniques to master, experiment with those first before moving onto other techniques

-If you find yourself in a “blurry dream” - where it feels like you are looking at pictures in your minds eye, rather than dreaming, try reaching to grab an object, you will most likely find yourself in that dream holding the object!

-Learn to stabilise dreams, there are lots of threads on this, but the basic ways are by spinning or rubbing your hands together, this will save a lot of frustration, but if you do wake up, there is always DEILD

-Do not focus on your real body, or try and move your real body while dreaming, you will wake up.

-When doing WBTB, try and wake up fully, if your mind is still “scrambled” after waking up, attaining lucidity will be harder

-As you start to fall asleep, and your mind wanders, try and notice when your thoughts start taking on a shape of their own. For example, say you are falling asleep and you start thinking about a friend, and all of a sudden that friend says something to you in your mind, which you didn’t consciously think of, that is a sign you are about to start dreaming.

-Another example of your thoughts taking a shape of their own is if you are thinking about a song, and you start to hear it clearly in your minds “eye”, that is also another sign you are about to start dreaming.

-If you don’t want to have a nightmare, don’t look closely at your eyes in a mirror in a dream!

That’s all I have learned so far, hopefully it can help someone get a head start on attaining lucidity, or maybe having LD’s more often, please feel free to share any tips you have :smile:

very useful :smile:

I doubt I’m going to try this when I LD again, so I have to ask you: What happens if you look deep into your eyes in a mirror during a LD? :smile: