Changing your eye color

I wouldn’t advise anyone to try. I have brown eyes, sometimes I wish that they would be green or blue. But I’m happy to be healthy and who I am as a person.
Sometimes the light makes them look amber, which I think is an awesome eye color also.

This sounds a bit like pseudoscience to me. In the iris there are melatocytic cells which continually produce melanin. For a wide variety of reasons, the “setting” of these cells may change to produce different amounts of melanin. If you’re able to change the setting of these cells through sheer willpower… sounds a bit fishy and unprobable for atleast anyone to do. I do not know of any reasons these cells change except of aging and various diseases. (Eyes may also appear vastly different in different lighting. For example, my eyes are grey-blue with a yellow ring in extremely bright environments, but reflect venomously green light in slightly darker environments)

However, I myself would like to think that one could change his eye color with pure will. :smile: To prove that you’re able to do this, which would be awesome, take a short video clip when it happens and show us the results :smile:

I tried to change my eye color to green but the pupil grew

it’s quite odd, my eyes change from green to blue to grey, i havn’t excactly looked into whether its lighting or mood or what, i’ll try to figure it out and post later

I have Hazle Eyes, so, becuase of something called (Forgot-the-name) Refraction, They change color based upon the lighting of the room, and what I wearing… In dim light, with darker clothes: They look brown… In Bright light, with light clothes: Bright green…
My eyes range intermitent between green and brown, depending on the setting…

EDIT I may try this… I mean, My eyes already change with light, but… let’s see…EDIT

hiho att all =3
When i read the topic’s title i thougth about dreams. But that it’s possible to change the eye colour is awesome. My boring brown eyes should also change their colour. I’ll try it tomorrow look at clock 00:26! Oh I mean today :smile:

If i do a mistake in the language, please tell me… want to improve my english

Mine Change color all the time.
Whenever I’m in the ocean my eyes get a deep green
Whenever I get in a pool, my eyes have a bluish tint.
And on a daily basis they switch from brown to green and blue…

It used to freak me out when I was younger :bored:
But now, It just makes me curious…

Me eyes don’t change colour much: the more often it’s when there’s a lot of light, and they go mostly green and it’s annoying because I’m photosensitive but hell, green eyes are downright cool. They’re hazel: brown near the pupils, going honey and then green on the border of the iris. When I’m sick, they tend to get greener, I’ve noticed, but the brown and honey are still there, just somewhat as if pushed back to the centre. Once I had a 40 c fever and I swear my eyes were mostly a blueish green. But that’s all supposed to be normal, to some degree, with hazel eyes; at any rate, I’ve tried a lot and simply cannot change their colour willingly.

In the summer my eyes turn Blue with yellow specks and a dark blue ring around my eye, but in the winter my eyes are green with black and yellow specks with a black ring. Don’t kno why. And when i’m sick my eyes are a pure Pale green. :content:

It seems I have brown eyes no matter what.

I never even thought about being able to change eye color. That would be interesting, yet impractical.

I wonder what my friends would say if I walked into school with Blue or pink eyes instead. I wonder if they would freak…

I thought this only just happened to me. I’ve had multiple ocassions where this has happened.
I remember I was in a science class talking with a friend and suddenly my vision went all funny, and I could feel like my heartbeat in my head. He abruptly stopped talking and said that my eye colour changed to a different colour. Mine are normally green but they do sometimes change to brown or really light brown.

My eyes are either green-grey or blue-grey, and have a lovely golden ring around the pupil. When I switched from glasses to contacts, I was told I have cool looking eyes. :3

my mom said when i was younger my eyes were blue. Then not too long ago my eyes were green. And now theyre blue greeen sooo hahah

WHen I was born, my eyes were a deep blue. As I grew up, they turned green with blue, amber and yellow spots within them. My friends tell me those spots are like stars :content: And I have an amber circle around the pupil.
They change colour according to my mood: when I’m angry, they’re grey or a deep green. When I’m sad, they are an emerauld green, like a cat’s eyes. When I’m happy, they are blue, or green, it depends on the light. But no matter what colour they are, I still have those little spots in my eyes.
The might not seem striking when you just look at them, but people say I have nice eyes, and the ones who know me are amused, cause some of them are used to betting on what coulour my eys are going to be!

Some people’s eye color changes temporarily due to the light of the sun, mood, the color of clothing, and probably other reasons. My eyes are normally chocolatey brown, but they’ve changed to gold, hazel, and even red…

:eek: one thing that i just noticed is that i can change my eye color by will. i have usually dark eyes but i can change them to a golden-hazel where it is hazel in the middle and golden on the outside. i think it is really cool.(i don’t know if it has to do with reflective light or not)

I have light grey-ish blue coloured eyes that will very rarely seem a calm, solid blue. I really want to change them (temporarily) to a purplish colour, or maybe green. Anyone know how I can do this without surgery, contacts, slapping myself in the face, ect.?

[b]At this natural phenomenon you cannot intervene much…

As Draginvry Posted on Sat 01 Mar, 2008:
“Eye color variation is common. The actual color variation is commonly called Hazel. The variations are caused by Rayleigh scattering, depending on the environment and lighting. An interesting fact, the US Military won’t let you list Hazel as your eye color, you have to choose a single color.”

From Wikipedia “eye color” I copy:
The appearance of blue and green, as well as hazel eyes, results from the Tyndall scattering of light in the stroma, a phenomenon similar to that which accounts for the blueness of the sky called Rayleigh scattering.
Neither blue nor green pigments are ever present in the human iris or ocular fluid. Eye color is thus an instance of structural color and varies depending on the lighting conditions, especially for lighter-colored eyes.[/b]

it must be very beautiful your eyes . In addition , eyes that change color I would love to see that.

Eh, my eye color is pretty stagnant. If I look at the sun for a while, they go mint green rather than gray/blue, but that might just be a change in circulation or something.
The only other thing close is actually my pupils. The most common thing said about my eyes is that “the blacks are black. No, REALLY black.” I’ve got nothing for that.