Almost Wild

Before I went to sleep last night, I was pretty exhausted. So I thought I would try to WILD. After lying there for a while I started to see stuff like I’m suppose too. Then my eye’s started to twitch (that’s the best word I can think of). And I assume that was the beginning of REM. The images started to get more vivid. And I got the feeling I was leaving my body. I felt very far away. And the images just got more and more vivid.

The questions I have, despite all that, I didn’t enter an LD. How am I suppose to enter an LD from WILD? Try to answer the best you can, I realize it might be a hard question to answer :tongue:

As im sure has been said to you before , its much more effective to attempt WILD either after 4.5/6 hours of sleep or in an afternoon nap as you will immidiately enter REM sleep upon falling asleep , this is the type of sleep in which we dream. In order for you to have sucesfully wilded from going straight to bed you would of had to remain aware for a good 90 mins while sleeping for it to work. So give it a go after some sleep or in an afternoon nap , good luck :smile:

Thanks for the help!

As ritchie said, don’t try to WILD when going to sleep in the night. The first REM phase starts after 90 minutes. I doubt that any human has ever stayed conscious for 90 minutes while in NREM phases of sleep. That sounds impossible.
On the other hand, you may try to repeat a mantra when going to sleep. That helps me sometimes. This technique is called MILD, but I think you’ve heard of it already. It’s not that effective as after 4,5 - 6 hours of sleep, but it still increases your chances.

Actually a few people have managed it even here on this forum. True, it’s extremely difficult and most of us would probably have a hard time ever doing it, but it is possible.